Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Haven't been vaccinated? Click here to find out where you can be!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Haven't been vaccinated? Click here to find out where you can be!

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:42 pm

It just occurred to me that perhaps some of the people that haven't been vaccinated are too proud/embarrassed to admit they do not know how to get vaccinated. Here is a great resource: https://www.vaccines.gov/

You can thank me later.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

jadednihilist

Re: Haven't been vaccinated? Click here to find out where you can be!

Post by jadednihilist » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:49 pm

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:28 am

I am not sure if this is everywhere but every Walmart I go into offers the vaccine. Since they are everywhere seems to me that would be an easy choice to get it done. That's where my entire family went.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:02 pm

I'm sorry - but if you can't figure out how to get vaccinated, then you're an idiot. Period.

On a side-note, just a reminder of what NATURAL immunity looks like:

Sweden - 18 Covid deaths in the past 30 days. In a country of 10 million people, that is a per-capita daily death rate of 1 person per 16 million people, and an average of 216 people per year. For perspective, that is about 4x lower than the average annual death toll from the flu per capita. Moreover, daily cases there are not projected to spike to anywhere near the level of most other places in the world over the next several months.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Almost 44% of Sweden is fully vaccinated and another 20% have had at least one shot. So they seem headed toward 60% plus fully vaccinated in the next 3-4 weeks.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Florida is at 50% full vaccination and another 10% at least one shot (so basically the same). Their 7-day death toll average is 180x higher than Sweden's right now. While they certainly have been one of the more lax states when it comes to restrictions, they did lock down for 5 months in 2020. Moreover, Florida's observed mask-usage rate stayed above 70% until March of this year. Sweden never got out of the single digits.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:12 pm

We have a pandemic of the unvaccinated, so I'm assuming the only reason someone hasn't been vaccinated is because they can't figure out how to get it done. It's the only logical conclusion.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:19 pm

Norway’s population: 5.39 million Covid deaths: 804
Sweden’s population: 10.2 million Deaths: 14,657
Finland: 5.5 million Deaths: 991
Denmark: 5.5 million Deaths: 2,552

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:25 pm

But wait, Florida is a thriving success with DeSantis in charge... :rollin

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:20 pm
Florida is at 50% full vaccination and another 10% at least one shot (so basically the same). Their 7-day death toll average is 180x higher than Sweden's right now. While they certainly have been one of the more lax states when it comes to restrictions, they did lock down for 5 months in 2020. Moreover, Florida's observed mask-usage rate stayed above 70% until March of this year. Sweden never got out of the single digits.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:12 pm
We have a pandemic of the unvaccinated, so I'm assuming the only reason someone hasn't been vaccinated is because they can't figure out how to get it done. It's the only logical conclusion.
My current project in Tennessee has had three people out sick with covid. One of the employees' mom died when she spread the virus to her. I'm going to insist that everyone is vaccinated and if they don't they won't have enough hours to make a living. We've checked with the lawyers it's legal. We're done with idiots.

Maybe BMW can give them a job in his covid friendly Zone.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic