Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New York City to MANDATE vaccinations for many indoor activities, including dining

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

New York City to MANDATE vaccinations for many indoor activities, including dining

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:17 pm

Big Brother just can't leave well enough alone.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/nycs-de ... ities.html
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio mandated inoculations for a range of indoor venues at a news conference Tuesday morning, requiring proof of Covid vaccinations from employees and customers of indoor eateries, gyms and entertainment centers.

The order goes into effect Aug. 16, with full enforcement beginning Sept. 13. De Blasio said the mandate, known as the Key to NYC Pass, would encourage increased immunizations to combat the spread of the delta coronavirus variant.
I don't ever want to hear the phrase "my body, my rules" out of any of these leftist liberal fascists ever again.

audiophile

Re: New York City to MANDATE vaccinations for many indoor activities, including dining

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:24 pm

They better ban abortion, stat!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Re: New York City to MANDATE vaccinations for many indoor activities, including dining

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:30 pm

This will be just the beginning. Once implemented, they'll use it compel you to do all kinds of things. Annual flu shots will be added to the list. Mark my words.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:36 pm

I NEVER have had a flu shot, they are such ninny's.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:54 pm

I can't help but notice that the forum's resident libs are strangely completely silent on this mandate.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:01 pm

If NYC doesn't elect a Republican after this disaster of a mayor, they just don't give a fuck.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:01 pm
If NYC doesn't elect a Republican after this disaster of a mayor, they just don't give a fuck.
:rollin

Michigan has a better chance of beating OSU than Sliwa has of winning that election.

SPOILER ALERT: Adam's and OSU win by landslides.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:56 am

There used to be a bookstore in Ann Arbor, seems like it was called Fourth Avenue Bookstore, that had all manner of magazines of all types, including a large array of sex magazines and books for the students and professors. I remember seeing that MANDATE was always front and center. Every time I see that there is a mandate, and especially in New York City, with its perversity, that reminds me of it. BTW, I did not ever peruse Mandate. Usually I just bought Billboard Magazine there. Mandate went out of business in 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandate_(magazine)

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:12 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:10 pm
Michigan has a better chance of beating OSU than Sliwa has of winning that election.
So what are your thoughts on this mandate? I'm genuinely curious what voters who reside on the political left think of this, and I've gotten literally zero responses. I'm left to speculate as to whether you're opposed but don't want to admit it, or if you're perfectly ok with it but also don't want to admit it. I'm just trying to figure out what degree of backlash may be upcoming for this kind of action.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:20 am

I have a hard time giving a shit since it is New York and there will never be a reason for me to travel there but playing what if, if this happened in my state I would be livid as I have done and continue to do the right thing for my health and well being and don't need the government telling me shit like this.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:40 am

You think it can't come to a town near you? I used to be of that belief - I thought there was no way we'd ever reach the point of mandated vaccinations ANYWHERE. Yet, here we are. Until people say enough is enough, some government official somewhere in this country will keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing. It will never end. That is the nature of tyranny - it has no bounds.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:55 am

Don't believe I said anything of the sort. As far as mandates i did start a thread on businesses needing some sort of mandates so I am not shocked in the least and while I don't support federal vaccine mandates I do think private businesses can and should what they think is in the best interest of their employees and customers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:12 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:10 pm
So what are your thoughts on this mandate? I'm genuinely curious what voters who reside on the political left think of this, and I've gotten literally zero responses. I'm left to speculate as to whether you're opposed but don't want to admit it, or if you're perfectly ok with it but also don't want to admit it. I'm just trying to figure out what degree of backlash may be upcoming for this kind of action.
I pretty much agree with what zz has said right above me. I would hope the private sector can make the difference as I tend to think it's quite an overreach on the part of government. That said, I think it might get to that point where it's necessary, though. Seems like that is what they are pretty much doing in Israel and places in Europe.

I was not alive during WWII but hear of the many sacrifices the government asked people to make during those times and the country was glad to do it. Now, millions of idiots in this land won't even get a free vaccine that could end this thing.

The censorship king from out of state.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:50 pm

I'm okay with COVID vaccinations being mandated at the similar levels as smallpox, TB, and all of the other vaccines we've had to get as children. That's nothing new - and no one can deny the benefits these vaccinations have had on public health. We have the ability to mitigate terrible illnesses giving people a chance to thrive. The NYC mandates cross the line too far, but I don't think Bill DeBlasio is a good representative for the left. He got laughed out of the 2020 Democratic Primaries and he's extremely unpopular in NYC.

The left, just like the right, isn't immune to goons. I just wish we'd go back to a culture of being far more comfortable with calling and weeding them out.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:24 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:44 pm
I was not alive during WWII but hear of the many sacrifices the government asked people to make during those times and the country was glad to do it. Now, millions of idiots in this land won't even get a free vaccine that could end this thing.
People that didn't have a pot to piss in bought war bonds to fund the war effort and help the greater good. Now we have people that brag about carrying multiple firearms on their person so there's a "good guy to stop the bad guys" in some imaginary shootout unwilling to get vaccinated to help the greater good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic