Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vaccine Not So Effective?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Vaccine Not So Effective?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:13 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:54 am
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:54 am
And then die.
Gee, wishing death on me because of a private decision made between me and my Doctor? Sounds a lot like the Catholic zealots that protest abortion clinics
Not wishing death on you at all.....sorry if that is the way you took it. But the VAST majority of the people that are dying are not vaccinated. If you get the vaccine, you stand a far, far, far better chance of surviving if you get this disease. Deny it all you want. Make whatever decision you choose.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:21 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:13 am
Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:54 am
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:54 am
And then die.
Gee, wishing death on me because of a private decision made between me and my Doctor? Sounds a lot like the Catholic zealots that protest abortion clinics
Not wishing death on you at all.....sorry if that is the way you took it. But the VAST majority of the people that are dying are not vaccinated. If you get the vaccine, you stand a far, far, far better chance of surviving if you get this disease. Deny it all you want. Make whatever decision you choose.
...and the vast majority of people in my age group who get Covid are not dying, vaccinated or unvaccinated. So f**k off.

As of July 28th, there are cumulatively 7145 deaths attributed to Covid in the age 30-39 bracket out of 137,849 deaths from all causes. That is 5.2% of all deaths. There are roughly 45 million people in the US in that age group. That is 1 in 6300 people who have died, in that age group, from Covid. Assuming the studies are correct that roughly 50 to 60 percent of all people have had Covid, that is roughly 1 in 3400 people who get Covid dying, or a mortality rate of 0.03%. Maybe that number drops to 0.01 or 0.02% if I get vaccinated. Big f---ing deal. Everyone makes their own risk calculations in life. This is one I can live with.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... /index.htm

https://www.statista.com/statistics/241 ... x-and-age/

So your implication that I have a high likelihood of dying if I don't get vaccinated is utter hogwash.

I can't help it that the fear mongering crowd sucks at 6th-grade-level math.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:24 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:21 am

So your implication that I have a high likelihood of dying if I don't get vaccinated is utter hogwash.

You're wrong.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 54f5d5e187

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/10170029 ... vaccinated

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/ ... mi-lahren/

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:28 am

So do you dispute the 1 in 3400 mortality rate? Or the 1 in 20 cause of death number? In the broader scheme of things, there is a 95% chance that if I were to die this year, it would be from something other than Covid. Do you dispute that?

EDIT - regarding that last link you posted, are you suggesting that people who get Covid and then die from secondary causes are not being kept in the books as a Covid death? And if so, how many of THOSE people are there?
Last edited by bmw on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:30 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:28 am
In the broader scheme of things, there is a 95% chance that if I were to die this year, it would be from something other than Covid. Do you dispute that?
I never said anything of that sort. A complete distortion of my words.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:32 am

So you don't dispute that...ok. Do you believe I should dedicate an equal level of obsession over the other 95% of ways I can die? In other words, should my life be filled with Covid stress times 20? Even if I were to get vaccinated and that number drops to zero, I still have the other 95% to worry about. You want everyone to have a nervous breakdown?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:37 am

You have a better chance of living if you get the vaccine. Period.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:40 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:37 am
HOLY SH!T you're completely missing the point. I also have a better chance of living if I don't drive a car. Would you agree with that latter statement as well?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:43 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:40 am
Honeyman wrote:
HOLY SH!T you're completely missing the point. I also have a better chance of living if I don't drive a car. Would you agree with that latter statement as well?
C'mon.......that's completely convoluted logic. If you want to start a thread about driving, go ahead. But this thread has a title that says "Vaccine Not So Effective", and I strongly disagree.

Go post another another graph...it'll make you feel better.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:45 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:13 am
My point, and the point I will stand by, is that in reality, the goal shouldn't be getting everyone vaccinated, the goal should be attaining widespread immunity to the virus.

Some people should indeed get the vaccine if their body doesn't have the proper immune system or is otherwise compromised. Others, like those that have fought Covid and won or those that have a natural immunity and didn't contract it even after being exposed (like me) certainly don't need to be vaccinated.

The "experts" we are supposed to listen to remind me of a remake of the Keystone Cops. As one person put it,
Over the past 15 months, the litany of Experts’ True Facts and Science regarding various aspects of SARS-CoV-2 has changed more often than the starting lineup of a bad minor league ball club.
One day, masks are not a good idea and can actually be harmful, the next, we need to mandate them. One day EVERYONE knew that the virus in no way could have been created in a lab doing gain-of-function research, and people that claimed so were mocked as tin foil hat wearing nut jobs, the next PolitiFact had to withdraw their "Pants on Fire" claim. One day everyone was instructed to stay home and indoors to be safe, the next, outdoors is the place to be. The Federal government and some business are mandating vaccination of individuals, yet hundreds if not thousands of people from third world countries are streaming across our border everyday and no one seems to care if they're vaccinated. Governor's of several states sent Covid positive people to nursing homes where the most vulnerable live, causing countless deaths and aren't being held accountable.

Sorry, I'm not going to buy into the whole "they know what's good for me," when history shows they haven't a fucking clue.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:10 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:43 am
bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
C'mon.......that's completely convoluted logic. If you want to start a thread about driving, go ahead. But this thread has a title that says "Vaccine Not So Effective", and I strongly disagree.

In what way is that statement or logic convoluted? You were the one who chimed in with the implication that it is a factual statement that I will die if I don't get vaccinated. I challenged that assertion with numbers straight from the CDC website. You didn't want to go down that road, so instead just stuck with your position that vaccinated people have a lower chance of dying than unvaccinated people. So I simply pointed out that there's a lot of things in life that increase or decrease your chance of dying, and that in the broader scheme of things, obsessing over something that caused 5% of all deaths in my age group while the other 95% gets no discussion or attention whatsoever is unhealthy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:10 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:43 am
bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

In what way is that statement or logic convoluted? You were the one who chimed in with the implication that it is a factual statement that I will die if I don't get vaccinated. I challenged that assertion with numbers straight from the CDC website. You didn't want to go down that road, so instead just stuck with your position that vaccinated people have a lower chance of dying than unvaccinated people. So I simply pointed out that there's a lot of things in life that increase or decrease your chance of dying, and that in the broader scheme of things, obsessing over something that caused 5% of all deaths in my age group while the other 95% gets no discussion or attention whatsoever is unhealthy.
I NEVER said that. I said there is a better chance of surviving the disease of you are vaccinated.

Further, I stuck to the topic of the thread and didn't bring up driving too fast, smoking cigarettes, eating fatty foods, etc.

Believe whatever numbers, experts, websites you want to. I know I won't convince you; nor you, me. I hope your decision is not fatal.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:36 pm

It is EXACTLY what you said. Do I need to re-quote?
Yeah, all the unvaccinated idiots should just wait and extrapolate the data. Do some more research. Check another Facebook page or two. Listen to fools like TCSU. And then die.
You said nothing about a "better chance" or made any mention of odds. You flat-out said do these things "and then die."

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:40 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:36 pm
It is EXACTLY what you said. Do I need to re-quote?
Yeah, all the unvaccinated idiots should just wait and extrapolate the data. Do some more research. Check another Facebook page or two. Listen to fools like TCSU. And then die.
You said nothing about a "better chance" or made any mention of odds. You flat-out said do these things "and then die."
Hyperbole. Look it up.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:50 pm

It would appear that I have a greater chance of getting shot and killed while walking around D.C. than I do of dying from Covid.
Washington, DC, murders surpass coronavirus deaths in July by nearly 3-to-1 ratio
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-d ... eaths-july

Yet, this isn't crating any mandates. Just sayin.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic