Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vaccine Not So Effective?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Vaccine Not So Effective?

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:40 pm

HEALTH AND SCIENCE
CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated.

The new data, published in the U.S. agency’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people.
So I guess us folks that are pro choice when it comes to vaccinations aren't so evil after all.

Kind of makes the people forcing vaccine mandates look somewhat circumspect.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-stu ... nated.html

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Re: Vaccine Not So Effective?

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:28 pm

Just to summarize the data here:

469 total cases
347 vaccinated vs. 122 not vaccinated or only 1 dose
Of the 347 vaccinated cases, 73 were asymptomatic, 274 had symptoms
5 hospitalizations (4 vaccinated vs. 1 not vaccinated)
90% of cases were Delta variant

Worth noting is that 64% of all Massachusettes residents are fully vaccinated.

----------------------

Ok, so my biggest problem with this data is that it really isn't a random sample AND it is fairly small. That said, IF the data is accurate, then being fully vaccinated would appear to have no protection whatsoever against the Delta variant, nor would it appear to make you any less likely to end up in the hospital. In fact, just based purely on this data, the unvaccinated group fared slightly better, both in infection rate (74% of cases but only 64% of the population) and in hospitalization rate (80% of hospitalizations but only 74% of the cases).

It certainly does raise questions about these alleged 99 or 99.5% numbers I'm hearing (ie, that 99 percent of all hospitalizations are people who aren't vaccinated) as well as alleged high efficacy rates of the vaccine against Delta.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:22 pm

More information from Israel...
The Jerusalem Post:

More than half of the current cases and two-thirds of patients in serious condition were fully vaccinated, the Health Ministry reported.
Vaccinating people in the midst of a pandemic is not a good idea due to mutations that become super resistant.

Treatments are much better option.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:27 pm

And of course you have the now-10-day old news out of the UK that 40 percent of their hospitalizations were fully vaccinated people.

Side-note. I can't help but wonder if the government has known about the vaccine's apparent ineffectiveness against the Delta variant but has withheld that information because it might deter people from getting vaccinated. And now that it isn't working - and you can mark my word or take a screenshot of this - the CDC will advise everyone get booster shots this coming winter or spring.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:54 pm

How your anti-vax plan doesn't kill you. Let's see how it goes.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 pm

I'll be fine. Mortality rate in my age group even if I were to get Covid is somewhere around 1 in 5,000. Given my good health, probably 1 in 10,000 for me. I can live with those odds.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:22 pm
More information from Israel...
The Jerusalem Post:

More than half of the current cases and two-thirds of patients in serious condition were fully vaccinated, the Health Ministry reported.
Vaccinating people in the midst of a pandemic is not a good idea due to mutations that become super resistant.

Treatments are much better option.
Here are some excerpts from a Jerusalem Post article from July 17th:
The effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine against the Delta variant is “weaker” than health officials had hoped, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said on Friday, as over 1,000 people tested positive for coronavirus and more countries were added to the list of places to which Israelis will be banned from traveling.

"We do not know exactly to what degree the vaccine helps, but it is significantly less," Bennett said.

At the moment, around 60% of the patients in serious conditions have been vaccinated. Moreover, according to Hebrew University researchers who advise the government, around 90% of newly infected people over the age of 50 are fully vaccinated.
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/for ... ael-674084

But just go get your jab anyways. Don't ask questions. Just do what you're told. Be a good little citizen.

Seriously, 9 out of 10 new cases in Israel in people over the age of 50 are in fully vaccinated people? Only 59% of Israel's population is fully vaccinated, so I can't imagine that the number is much higher than 70 or 75% for people over the age of 50. And if 60% of patients in serious condition are fully vaccinated and 59% of the total population is fully vaccinated, then what good is the vaccine? Just like the recent Massachusetts example, there's literally no correlation whatsoever between vaccination and hospitalization or vaccination and infection rates.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:50 pm

Y'all been talking about the odds catching the bug again after taking the Pfizer poke.

They ran us thru Henry Ford and we got the two dose Moderna in February and March. Any info on how effective that vaccine is doing?

Right now I feel as good as I look.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:40 pm
HEALTH AND SCIENCE
CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated.

The new data, published in the U.S. agency’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people.
So I guess us folks that are pro choice when it comes to vaccinations aren't so evil after all.

Kind of makes the people forcing vaccine mandates look somewhat circumspect.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-stu ... nated.html
These liberals didn't realize they have done more damage to their "my body, my choice" argument than ever before.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:08 pm

Maybe things would be worse if the majority was NOT vaccinated.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:08 pm

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:15 pm
Matt wrote:
Additional government control would be worse.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:28 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:54 pm
How your anti-vax plan doesn't kill you. Let's see how it goes.
Please don't refer to me as "anti-vax." Much like the people of your ilk that refuse the moniker of "pro-abortion," I consider myself to be "pro-choice" when it comes to vaccines. That is a private decision made between me and my naturopathic physician.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:17 pm
Additional government control would be worse.
Short-term perhaps. But longer term, the government overplaying its hand too much could spell disaster for Democrats in the 2022 midterms.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:32 pm

Matt wrote:
On the other hand...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic