Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vaccine Not So Effective?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Vaccine Not So Effective?

Post by audiophile » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:21 am

I assume they had blood samples on the shelf and tested them later?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:55 pm

Jump ahead to 1:10
Every time I here this guy, all I can think of is Larry "Bud" Melman. Exact same voice.

I used to listen to Levin back about 15 years ago. He's an amusing guy and he has expert understanding of the law. As a serial dog owner, I genuinely appreciated "Rescuing Sprite".

That said, as long as I can get booster shots, and there is continued importance given toward covid as a public health issue to the point where vaccines are being adapted and improved, and freely available, it could be the case that covid is an opportunity more than anything else.

It could be the opportunity to scrub away idiots who will steadfastly ignore what is best to protect themselves and the people around them.

My in-laws are split on this. I have a brother-in-law who refuses to get it because he doesn't think he needs it. This tub of lard is well over 400 lbs and can barely move without gasping for air. Him and his wife just won't get it. Facebook told him not to :lol . My sister-in-law got it, but she was apprehensive about it because of the garbage on social media. She sort of concluded that since she works with the public and has a child, that her and her husband should get it.

Really, the way that this issue seems to have split down political lines is one of the most bizarre, disappointing, and disgusting things that I have experienced.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:12 pm

The reason the issue "seems to have split down political lines" is that liberals are much more susceptible to the media's and the government's drum beat of fear that has been marching on in full force since March of 2020 (with the exception of when the virus magically took a several week break during the summer of 2020, coincidentally said break aligning perfectly with the George Floyd riots).

And let us not forget that it was TRUMP who was full speed ahead with the vaccine and that it was LEFTIST politicians like Kamala Harris and Joe Biden and media-types like the ladies on The View who planted the first seeds of doubt about the vaccine by saying that they were weary of taking a vaccine pushed by Trump.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:57 pm

Let us also never forget when reading his posts, graphs, numbers and inside information, that bmw predicted that no more than 2000 Americans would die from COVID back when this all started.

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:02 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:12 pm
liberals are much more susceptible to the media's and the government's drum beat of fear
Three words: War on Terror.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:39 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:57 pm
Let us also never forget when reading his posts, graphs, numbers and inside information, that bmw predicted that no more than 2000 Americans would die from COVID back when this all started.
Dr. Fauci early on said that Americans need not worry about Covid. You going to hold me to a higher standard than him? My prediction at the time was based on very limited information. My opinion quickly changed once I saw the R0 values (transmissibility) when compared to the common cold/flu.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:45 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:02 pm
bmw wrote:
liberals are much more susceptible to the media's and the government's drum beat of fear
I seem to recall a lot of Democrats being onboard (at least initially) with GW Bush's war on terror. If fact, even a majority of Senate Democrats (29-21) voted in favor of the Iraq Resolution.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:18 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:45 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:02 pm
bmw wrote:
I seem to recall a lot of Democrats being onboard (at least initially) with GW Bush's war on terror. If fact, even a majority of Senate Democrats (29-21) voted in favor of the Iraq Resolution.
So?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:15 am

I was the only one on these radio boards that wrote President Bush a letter NOT to invade Iraq. I think I even published it here (may have been michiguide).

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:24 am

Dr. Fauci early on said that Americans need not worry about Covid.
This indeed is more or less true. He and the bald headed guy (whose name escapes me, I believe he did a lot of work at Johns Hopkins) in the very early press conferences did indeed claim the threat wasn't that serious other than for those at high risk due to pre-existing conditions (heart disease, diabetes, etc).

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:32 am

The NY Post article is sloppily written.

The three samples from January 2020 were pulled from archives many months later. Those samples were not tested for COVID-19 until first quarter 2021.

Here is the full report from Nature magazine:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02110-8

I would be curious to know how many archived samples from the January 2020 timeframe were tested for COVID-19. Unfortunately, even the Nature article fails to provide that info. Instead, it simply states that one-third of all samples taken during the 2020 calendar year tested positive.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:24 am
Dr. Fauci early on said that Americans need not worry about Covid.
This indeed is more or less true. He and the bald headed guy (whose name escapes me, I believe he did a lot of work at Johns Hopkins) in the very early press conferences did indeed claim the threat wasn't that serious other than for those at high risk due to pre-existing conditions (heart disease, diabetes, etc).
This from January 26, 2020 on a podcast:

QUESTION: "What do you tell the American people about what's going on? Should they be scared?"
I don't think so. The American people should not be frightened by this; it's a very, very low risk to the United States. But it's something that we as public health officials need to take very seriously.

It isn't something that the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about because we have ways of preparing, of screening people coming in, and we have way of responding like we did with this one case in Seattle, Washington, who had traveled to China and brought back the infection.

It does not seem to be as efficient in the persistent, sustained transmission from human to human. Without a doubt, it can travel from one human to another, but it doesn't seem yet to be doing that as efficiently - certainly not like influenza which spreads very efficiently in a sustained way. This does not do so, which means that just like SARS, we have the possibility, with good public health measures, of hopefully getting control of this.
https://soundcloud.com/john-catsimatidi ... ci-1-26-20

And then, more than THREE WEEKS LATER, on February 17, he did a televised sit-down interview. USA Today Headline - "Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 787209002/

That was awfully late along for him to still be making those comments.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:06 pm

From the WSJ today:
“Vaccines definitely make a difference,” said David Dowdy, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

A Wall Street Journal analysis shows sharp geographic divides in vaccination and hospitalization levels, with every state that has an above-average vaccine rate showing below-average hospitalizations, including in well-vaccinated New England. In the South, meanwhile, fewer people are vaccinated on average and hospitalization rates are climbing faster.
Let's keep arguing that vaccines don't work in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary! Some of you people... it's like you're claiming TCT is NOT easy to dunk on.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:13 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:06 pm
From the WSJ today:
“Vaccines definitely make a difference,” said David Dowdy, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

A Wall Street Journal analysis shows sharp geographic divides in vaccination and hospitalization levels, with every state that has an above-average vaccine rate showing below-average hospitalizations, including in well-vaccinated New England. In the South, meanwhile, fewer people are vaccinated on average and hospitalization rates are climbing faster.
Let's keep arguing that vaccines don't work in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary! Some of you people... it's like you're claiming TCT is NOT easy to dunk on.
They are trying to outdo him and get dunked on harder.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:28 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:06 pm

I live in Warren, so I don't have the means to do that even if I wanted to do so.
In today's world, with telemedicine, where you live doesn't keep you from finding a quality physician for consultation. I frequently consult with a doctor in Arizona.

If you're a face to face kind of person. Check out this doctor in Bloomfield. Easy commute from Warn and the first consultation is free.

https://groverhealth.com/
No, I was referring that it is not possible for me to sit outside naked in the shadow of the downtown for the third largest city in Michigan as you recommended.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic