Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vaccine Not So Effective?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Vaccine Not So Effective?

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:49 pm
No comment on zzand's 40 year old fellow anti-vaxxer son? How's natural immunity working out for him?
I don't know enough about any underlying conditions his son may or may not have to further comment.
You can just feel that sympathy oozing out of him...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:59 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:49 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:49 pm
No comment on zzand's 40 year old fellow anti-vaxxer son? How's natural immunity working out for him?
I don't know enough about any underlying conditions his son may or may not have to further comment.
You can just feel that sympathy oozing out of him...
F**k off.

I have wished his son well MULTIPLE times. I was simply answering Matt's inquiry as to why I haven't made a natural immunity comment on this specific person.

It is you and others who have an orgasm every time an outspoken republican gets Covid and ends up deathly ill. I've never once taken joy in somebody with whom I disagree with enduring pain and suffering.

So seriously, just f--k off.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:43 am

BMW has wished my son well several times, so he is right. To answer your question, he is 40, no health issues unless you think being 6 foot 7 is a health condition. No one can figure out where the hell he got the height. No blood pressure or diabetes, maybe 20 pounds or so overweight, not anymore since he gets fed through a tube. Because of his now former job, bus driver, he worked out daily. nothing big but he kept in shape. Gets the odd cold and had the flu a couple of times. Doesn't drink, smoke or use drugs. Unremarkable medical history actually. His only issue is foot problems due to his height. Doctors have been stumped as to why he has been hit so hard. Keep in mind both his sisters have had it twice and while both were damn sick both are fully recovered and vaxxed.....also pasting from an AP article...

Peter Wade
Fri, October 15, 2021, 4:19 PM
Credit: AP
Credit: AP
Getting vaccinated can significantly reduce your chances of dying from Covid-19. Like, really significantly.

Throughout the month of August, unvaccinated adults were 11 times more likely to die from Covid-19 than fully vaccinated adults, according to new data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC also found that unvaccinated adults faced a six times as likely to contract the virus than fully vaccinated adults. The data marks the first time the CDC has released information about how Covid-19 risks can differ depending on vaccination status.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:00 am

6'7" is quite tall - I'm not sure we even have any data on whether being THAT tall is a Covid risk factor or not.

As to being overweight, if you are curious, being a slightly to moderately overweight adult under the age of 65 increases your risk of hospitalization by 7 to 18 percent compared to someone with a healthy weight. Interestingly enough, being in the slightly overweight category actually REDUCES your odds of death by about 10 percent. This per CDC data from the alpha variant (so not sure how this applies to Delta).

Side-note: Being underweight appears to be as much as a risk factor as being moderately obese.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 am

BMW can you comprehend what Zzand just posted?

And you have been promoting ill will for months trying to influence people that your ideas are sound and safe?

Take a look in the mirror.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:21 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:00 am

Side-note: Being underweight appears to be as much as a risk factor as being moderately obese.
:lol. So now you can't be too heavy or too thin for bmw's convoluted data hypothesis bullshit.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:24 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 am
And you have been promoting ill will for months trying to influence people that your ideas are sound and safe?
I have always been viewing this pandemic and our response to it through the lens of LONG-TERM consequences. Last year's lockdowns? Those will have long-term consequences. Vaccine mandates? Long-term consequences. Spending trillions of dollars in vein trying to stop an unstoppable problem? Severe long-term consequences. Making children wear masks for years on end while going back and forth between remote and in-person learning? Severe long-term consequences. Vaccinating people who are low-risk? The verdict is still out on this one, but I believe it will have a net negative set of long-term consequences.

You can take your self-proclaimed moral superiority and shove it. I believe that when history looks back in 10 to 20 years at Covid that it will view the government's and society's response as a whole to Covid as one of the most dangerous and overblown responses in the history of pandemics.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:25 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:21 am
bmw wrote:

:lol. So now you can't be too heavy or too thin for bmw's convoluted data hypothesis bullshit.
I'm just reading from a CDC chart. Do you dispute the CDC data as presented above?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:25 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:21 am
bmw wrote:

I'm just reading from a CDC chart. Do you dispute the CDC data as presented above?
The only thing indisputable is this. If you get the vaccine, you have less of a chance of dying or getting seriously ill than if you don't. Period. Done. End of story. The fact that you incessantly bring up numbers to argue against that fact is why many do not take you seriously here.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 am
The only thing indisputable is this. If you get the vaccine, you have less of a chance of dying or getting seriously ill than if you don't. Period. Done. End of story.
And therein lies the problem. You and others remain fixated on that single point and can't look beyond it. As I noted in my post above, I'm viewing this through the lens of the long-term. If you think that a vaccine that significantly loses its efficacy after 6-8 months and still allows for a significant number of breakthrough cases is the end-all, be-all solution, then there's really no point in us carrying on this conversation any further.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
The only thing indisputable is this. If you get the vaccine, you have less of a chance of dying or getting seriously ill than if you don't. Period. Done. End of story. The fact that you incessantly bring up numbers to argue against that fact is why many do not take you seriously here.
There is one other indisputable thing... that the vaccine wears off. How often do you need to get a booster to maintain any reasonable benefit? Once a year? Twice a year? Three times a year?

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:15 pm

I have long been an enthusiastic supporter and taker of flu vaccines. However, this is drastically different. Here's the REAL Hockey Stick Graph, of VAERS mortality reports over the years. Numerous vaccines have been discontinued after just a few deaths. What is different now? Remember that it's TRUMP'S VACCINE, and maybe you'll start to understand.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am
Honeyman wrote:
The only thing indisputable is this. If you get the vaccine, you have less of a chance of dying or getting seriously ill than if you don't. Period. Done. End of story.
BLAH, BLAH BLAH.....As I noted in my post above, I'm viewing this through the lens of the long-term.....BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
I would consider "death" long-term, but I guess that's just me.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:48 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:15 pm
I have long been an enthusiastic supporter and taker of flu vaccines. However, this is drastically different. Here's the REAL Hockey Stick Graph, of VAERS mortality reports over the years. Numerous vaccines have been discontinued after just a few deaths. What is different now? Remember that it's TRUMP'S VACCINE, and maybe you'll start to understand.

VAERS is bullshit: https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... iases.html

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:10 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:24 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 am
I have always been viewing this pandemic and our response to it through the lens of LONG-TERM consequences. Last year's lockdowns? Those will have long-term consequences. Vaccine mandates? Long-term consequences. Spending trillions of dollars in vein trying to stop an unstoppable problem? Severe long-term consequences. Making children wear masks for years on end while going back and forth between remote and in-person learning? Severe long-term consequences. Vaccinating people who are low-risk? The verdict is still out on this one, but I believe it will have a net negative set of long-term consequences.

You can take your self-proclaimed moral superiority and shove it. I believe that when history looks back in 10 to 20 years at Covid that it will view the government's and society's response as a whole to Covid as one of the most dangerous and overblown responses in the history of pandemics.
At this rate, there may not be anyone unvaxxed left to write such a biased history.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic