Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

University of Michigan requires vaccination for all by 8/30

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: University of Michigan requires vaccination for all by 8/30

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:39 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:45 pm
I wonder if this wasn't driven by the Union and this neglecting Administration was forced to comply.
Repeating this bullshit lie doesn't make it true. I've already documented the administration's response, which was superb. There is no "union" that has significant influence.
The nurses do…AFSCME does. Neither have no strike clauses and the nurses especially will walk right out the door if they are pissed. Try again.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:09 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I wonder if this wasn't driven by the Union and this neglecting Administration was forced to comply.
Repeating this bullshit lie doesn't make it true. I've already documented the administration's response, which was superb. There is no "union" that has significant influence.
The nurses do…AFSCME does. Neither have no strike clauses and the nurses especially will walk right out the door if they are pissed. Try again.
Wrong. Try again. Incidentally, has the nurse's union put forth any money toward smoking cessation?

There are some unions on campus and at Michigan Medicine, but this decision had nothing to do with fucking unions. This is from the academic side. I don't know how much more clear that can be since the deadline is the first day of classes.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:34 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Wrong. Try again. Incidentally, has the nurse's union put forth any money toward smoking cessation?

There are some unions on campus and at Michigan Medicine, but this decision had nothing to do with fucking unions. This is from the academic side. I don't know how much more clear that can be since the deadline is the first day of classes.
Matt, you're the last person I would have expected to be defending the Unions. Thank you. :D

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:40 pm

Really? Huh

Superb is a stretch. Washtenaw County declared a health emergency and the university wouldn't promote it to the students. There was absolutely no response to help students who may have contracted covid. The phone number that was established to assist students was a voicemail that never created any advise. Plenty of press written about it but I guess we have an organization whose head is up its ass.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:51 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:34 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

You said none of the unions have significant influence… that’s not at all true in a broad sense. Those unions walk out and that university will grind to a halt. The nurses have the hospital over a barrel. As I understand it unless you’re a temp there you’re in some kind of Union as a full time employee. The nurses have their own and everybody else is AFSCME. Not sure what the academic folks do for one.

Much has been done to accommodate the unions this whole time. Regardless of whether or not it was the academic side or another side of the coin that pushed harder to get the mandate in place the only logical date is the first day of classes. I wouldn’t read too much into that. Santa Claus could have brought the rule on his sleigh as a gift and it would say right on the box “do not open until the first day of classes”.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:23 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:19 am
Same perverts jabbing you. They are just using a different kind of needle. This needle shoots RNA not DNA.

Did we we forget about the Gulf War Syndrome from quick made vaccines?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tionalnews

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:40 pm
Really? Huh

Superb is a stretch. Washtenaw County declared a health emergency and the university wouldn't promote it to the students. There was absolutely no response to help students who may have contracted covid. The phone number that was established to assist students was a voicemail that never created any advise. Plenty of press written about it but I guess we have an organization whose head is up its ass.
Again, you are clueless. Quit while you are way behind.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:13 pm

In my wife's department of about 15 people two are adamantly not vaccinated.
I'll update what they decide to do. There is no union representation where they are.

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:14 pm

TCT is amusing, at best.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 am
TC Talks wrote:
Really? Huh

How did the University Provide support to its students during covid-19? Particularly before they shut the campus down. You can call names all you want but they didn't do anything and it was rather neglectful compared to the other public universities in the state.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:03 pm

I am once again forced to agree with TC Talks about U of M. It is caused by their arrogance in believing they are superior to other institutions in their operation and decisions. I am surprised that TC Talks recognizes the arrogance of certain educational institutions, having gone to one or more Prep and High Schools near his childhood home that share that arrogance.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:42 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 am
TC Talks wrote:
Really? Huh

How did the University Provide support to its students during covid-19? Particularly before they shut the campus down. You can call names all you want but they didn't do anything and it was rather neglectful compared to the other public universities in the state.
There wasn't a known infection in Michigan until after spring break. I don't know why you insist on lying, but here are a couple of links from early on:

Schlissel comments at 2/20/20 Regents meeting: https://president.umich.edu/news-commun ... s-meeting/

VERY CLEAR message from Schlissel on 3/5/20, before any confirmed Michigan infections: https://president.umich.edu/news-commun ... endations/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:32 am

And here is my point; nowhere in the press releases does the University offer any way to contact them or track the virus. Every other university had a covid hotline, and a plan to help isolate positive students. Monitoring isn't being actively involved, particularly when you had many students return from Asia after spring break. They just re-wrote the cdc press release.

By March 5, the campus did have active cases, but the University, which had access to tests, did not offer them like almost every other state university did. They had a weak response.

https://www.washtenaw.org/3108/Cases

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:07 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:32 am
And here is my point; nowhere in the press releases does the University offer any way to contact them or track the virus. Every other university had a covid hotline, and a plan to help isolate positive students. Monitoring isn't being actively involved, particularly when you had many students return from Asia after spring break. They just re-wrote the cdc press release.

By March 5, the campus did have active cases, but the University, which had access to tests, did not offer them like almost every other state university did. They had a weak response.

https://www.washtenaw.org/3108/Cases
Wrong again: https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/202 ... o-detroit/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic