Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Economic choices

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Economic choices

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:10 am

HD74 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:48 pm
I wear a mask.
I know for a fact based on easily available county by county data, that at least HALF of you mo*o’s waliking around in Meijers or Walmart are not vacced, it’s like a freaking fashion statement or something. This is a selfish generation.
If you're fully vaccinated, there is no reason to wear a mask.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:05 am

Sure thing Mr. amateur epidemiologist. You can get it again. If you for one second believe that all of those people I referred to have been fully vaccinated, I have a bridge for sale.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:48 pm

HD74 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:05 am
Sure thing Mr. amateur epidemiologist. You can get it again. If you for one second believe that all of those people I referred to have been fully vaccinated, I have a bridge for sale.
I get it. You're cool with continuing to be paralyzed by fear despite the fact that science is saying vaccinated people are likely to be asymptomatic or will experience minor infections. You do you, sport!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:25 pm

It is worth noting that current estimates I've read of severe COVID infections resulting in hospitalizations are comprised of about 90% unvaccinated and 10% vaccinated. That seems to suggest that the vaccines are indeed quite effective and reduce your chances of a severe infection by about an order of magnitude, but are also not a magic bullet. Those with severe infections or long-term mild infections may also have to deal with neurological diseases and disorders down the road.

We won't be completely on the other side of the pandemic (i.e.; COVID won't just be a normal virus) until we develop herd immunity as bmw has pointed out. Reaching herd immunity would be much better through vaccinations rather than dealing with overwhelmed hospital systems in low vaccinated regions. It would also reduce the risk of a vaccine resistant mutation from developing putting us back at square one.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:31 pm

Which is why I suggest you pay for your own hospitalization if you refuse to get it.
Again, for the slow guy, who gets it, this is my point.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm

HD74 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:31 pm
Which is why I suggest you pay for your own hospitalization if you refuse to get it.
I got my second shot on 4/21. I want to resume normal life as much as possible.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm
HD74 wrote:
But that's just it, "normal life" doesn't just mean YOU being vaccinated. If you want to travel, dine, go to the Big House to watch Michigan lose, etc., it requires a vast majority of the rest of the population to also be vaccinated. These idiots who refuse to take this proven vaccine are holding you and the rest of us back from "normal life", and it's possible we may never see it again.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:08 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:33 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm
HD74 wrote:
But that's just it, "normal life" doesn't just mean YOU being vaccinated. If you want to travel, dine, go to the Big House to watch Michigan kick the ever-living shit out of MSU like you did in 2019, etc., it requires a vast majority of the rest of the population to also be vaccinated. These idiots who refuse to take this proven vaccine are holding you and the rest of us back from "normal life", and it's possible we may never see it again.
FIFY.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:16 pm

Spartans won more games in Ann Arbor last year than Michigan did. :lol:

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:51 pm

In my very small universe of family I know two fully vaccinated, for months, who got Covid.
One in her late 50's who weathered it well with rather minor symptom's and seemingly fully recovered. That was about a month ago.
The second just got confirmed with the delta variant a couple days ago. He is in his late 30's.
Both people spend significant time around young, under 12 year old's that are not vaccinated. I have no idea if that is where they got it but its just an observation.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:06 pm

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:06 pm
Another economic choice: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 091648002/
:rollin He added that the club had "great lamb chops." :rollin

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:13 pm
Matt wrote:
Hilarious! Even more hilarious is that I posted the wrong link: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/enter ... 399941001/

I 💯 support these actions.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:37 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:58 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 pm
You'd love these guys, Matt. This restaurant has consistently been flaunting their position. They would refuse service to people in their restaurant WITH a mask on months back.

I would imagine these fuckwits were also the first in line for the PPP handouts too...
BOOM!

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/07/28/a ... gulations/

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:13 pm
Matt wrote:
Notice he didn't provide a list of names of the "constituents" that attended this important meeting over boobies and lamb chops. I have a feeling he uses the word "constituent" somewhat loosely. Or, these un-named "constituent's" wives may take umbrage with the selected venue.

You will be happy to learn that the employees of the meeting place are following the indoor mask wearing guidelines...

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic