Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Economic choices

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Economic choices

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:27 am

I did something that I rarely do this morning - I decided to get breakfast (usually I have something small in the morning). I planned on going to Brueggers and getting a bagel or bagel sandwich, but when I got there I saw a sign that masks were preferred. Instead of going to Brueggers, I walked a few doors down to Panera Bread. The sign there said that per CDC guidance, fully vaccinated team members and customers do NOT need to wear masks. There were no customers in Brueggers, but Panera had about 15. Mind you, this is in ANN ARBOR, but people were choosing the business that treats them like adults. Seems like Brueggers has made an awful economic choice.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

jadednihilist

Re: Economic choices

Post by jadednihilist » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:48 am

I've been down that area quite a bit, but actually have never gone inside Brueggers. Panera is much better known to the large non-Michigan populous, there's much more seating and set up nicely for workspaces, and seems much more inviting overall.

I agree with the overall dynamics of your post (re: requiring masks). However, I was just curious, based on your experience:

1.) How do the bagels at Brueggers compare to Panera? Is it worth the brunch or is it just okay? I really like the sandwiches they sell at Amer's on State St.
2.) It's been my impression that Brueggers is usually empty, especially compared to Panera which is pretty jam packed. Have you observed the same?

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:47 pm

Brueggers is mostly second floor seating (or was before covid). I prefer them over Panera, although I'm an everything bagel fan, and it is hard to mess those up. They are similar options for breakfast in a hurry. Amer's is definitely a superior option.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Good to know. Yeah, Panera is just okay food-wise... especially downtown.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 pm

You'd love these guys, Matt. This restaurant has consistently been flaunting their position. They would refuse service to people in their restaurant WITH a mask on months back.

The censorship king from out of state.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 pm
You'd love these guys, Matt. This restaurant has consistently been flaunting their position. They would refuse service to people in their restaurant WITH a mask on months back.

I would imagine these fuckwits were also the first in line for the PPP handouts too...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:45 pm

Place is less than 3 miles away from me in Huntington Beach, fast becoming the neo-Nazi capital of Orange County. Years ago I went there and remembered thinking that Ragu made better pasta sauce than the slop they served.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:35 pm

I avoid the whole thing by doing takeout.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:04 pm

Honeyman wrote:

Why would I love them? I've been consistently pro-vaccine. Those of us that did the right thing should be allowed to get on with our lives. The owner of that place is a real cunt.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Why would I love them? I've been consistently pro-vaccine. Those of us that did the right thing should be allowed to get on with our lives. The owner of that place is a real cunt.
You decided not to frequent an establishment...your apparent first choice...that posted, "masks are preferred". Not required. If they were, I could understand and agree with your decision.

I'm thinking you have more in common with this restaurant owner than you would admit. Though I have enough faith in your taste that you'd agree the sauce is awful.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Here’s a real economic choice to chew on.
Don’t get the vaccine, no insurance, pay your own bill. If they can charge more for a sports car than a sedan, then they can do this too. Why should your insurance have to pay for your bad decisions? They should also be able to bill you for the others you infected. If the others die, their families should be able to sue you for being a selfish stupid f@@k.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:55 pm

HD74 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:39 pm
Here’s a real economic choice to chew on.
Don’t get the vaccine, no insurance, pay your own bill. If they can charge more for a sports car than a sedan, then they can do this too. Why should your insurance have to pay for your bad decisions? They should also be able to bill you for the others you infected. If the others die, their families should be able to sue you for being a selfish stupid f@@k.
I could not agree with this more.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:00 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:

You decided not to frequent an establishment...your apparent first choice...that posted, "masks are preferred". Not required. If they were, I could understand and agree with your decision.

I'm thinking you have more in common with this restaurant owner than you would admit. Though I have enough faith in your taste that you'd agree the sauce is awful.
I left out the part where I didn't have a mask with me (left it on my desk in my office, unintentionally). I reached into my pocket to grab it and didn't have it. This may be hard to believe, but I'm not really an asshole IRL, and I chose not to go there since I couldn't comply with the preference. This particular place is an outlier in that they were encouraging all to wear masks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:00 pm

I left out the part where I didn't have a mask with me (left it on my desk in my office, unintentionally). I reached into my pocket to grab it and didn't have it. This may be hard to believe, but I'm not really an asshole IRL, and I chose not to go there since I couldn't comply with the preference. This particular place is an outlier in that they were encouraging all to wear masks.
Now there we think differently. I go to a lot of places that prefer/suggest I wear a mask. I do not. As many have said on this site, I long for going back to "normal" life. I'm vaccinated and very confident in its effectiveness. And while I guess I could still be asymptomatic, I doubt I am. And being totally honest, in the very small chance I did have Covid, I am not really all that concerned about spreading the virus to a fucking idiot who is so irresponsible about his own life he didn't choose to get the vaccine.

I flew across the country last week and wearing a mask for a 5 1/2 hour flight and at the airport was difficult enough, but I understand the requirement. Going to the Trader Joe's....not so much.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:48 pm

I wear a mask.
I know for a fact based on easily available county by county data, that at least HALF of you mo*o’s waliking around in Meijers or Walmart are not vacced, it’s like a freaking fashion statement or something. This is a selfish generation.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic