Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Maybe the time has come

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Maybe the time has come

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:53 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:30 pm
The absurdity stems from the fact such means need to be used to compel vaccination in the first place. This bribe is being used in hopes it will save people from dying.
With all due respect (and for the record I agree with you more often than disagree, and even when I disagree, your positions are always well thought-out), this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard you say in here. A good idea or position can stand on its own merits. The government is severely overstepping its bounds once it resorts to bribery to compel compliance with anything that it is pushing. If people aren't getting vaccinated as much as the government would like to see, then the government needs to re-evaluate its messaging. It is things like these lotteries that sew the seeds of distrust and if anything, make people LESS likely to get vaccinated.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:25 pm

If that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever stated, I guess my past track record is pretty darn good, because I don't think my statement was ridiculous at all.

Multiple portions of the federal tax code (and some albeit fewer portions of the state tax code) is filled with de facto bribery.

Where I will agree with you is that the vaccine lottery does not appear to be exerting anything more than a very minor effect on vaccination numbers. Hindsight is 20-20. It was an interesting idea that doesn't seem to be working all that well.

The messaging could indeed be improved. I suggest a TV ad campaign similar to the anti-smoking TV ad campaign.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:54 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:08 am
I have been doing some reading and looking at legal angles and think it may be time for vaccine mandates to be put in place. I am not talking about the Federal Government lining up everyone but businesses imposing mandates. The bribes of million dollar lotteries and free college haven't worked and the statistics are showing with Delta, it is the unvaccinated that are driving the new cases. While cases are still far below peak the trends are showing we may be headed back to high numbers this fall and winter and with roughly 100 million still unvaccinated those numbers could get dizzy high. Examples, want to fly, show proof of vaccination. Want to go to concerts, show proof of vaccination. The courts are already siding with employers who have mandates in place and more businesses will start imposing them to protect said business, employees and customers. Yeah, yeah, I know, herd immunity, well it is not here yet and no one knows when it will come and I have real world examples of prior infection not stopping a second go around as both of my daughters had the original infection, then suffered through the UK variant. In my company there are only 2 employees who are not vaccinated and they are both under 40 and interestingly enough Democrats. I have been listening to talk radio lately, something I have avoided for some time and hosts are urging listeners to get the jabs, even Fox news, with a few exceptions, is now asking viewers to get them. The tide is turning on fighting the jabs and it is time businesses take the lead. Our local Walmart, Kroger and other stores have restored mask mandates, my company has restored them as well. My goal with this post is to start an intelligent discussion on this and hopefully we can have one. There was a time that was a given, not so much anymore. Signed, a Registered Real Republican who is fully vaccinated.
100% agree. Unless you have a verified allergy(not made up shit) or a true religious exemption like a JW, you should be forced to get this shot. We need to start living our lives again.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:56 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:26 am
Why don't they admit that Hydoxicholorquine, Ivermectin, and other proven anti viral drugs work and save lives if given early?

Why aren't they admitting that the true number of so called "breakthrough" cases is much larger than they will admit, that the the vaccine really isn't that effective, and as more variants emerge, that effectiveness will decease even more?

Why aren't many respected virologists and statisticians with dissenting views being allowed to be heard on alphabet media that don't spell anything, without the labels they assign to them?

Why aren't the speeches at "new world order" conferences (Including Bill Gates) who call for a 90% reduction in world population, and the fact that China is working on viruses that target and kill off entire races of humans, being heard? Isn't that a genocide far worse than any in human history?

BTW, Bill Gates never even finished college. He is not a "scientist" in a classic sense. His expertise is in computer software, self taught, not anything else.

BTW, Senator Rand Paul IS A DOCTOR, like Fauci. Somehow, they always leave that out vs. "Doctor" Fauci. Fauci is beginning to seem more like DOCTOR Frankenstein.
Dr Fauci has been a national virologist and strategist since 1980. Paul was a fucking eye doctor in po dunk Kentucky. You're a fucknut.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:15 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:56 pm

Dr Fauci has been a national virologist and strategist since 1980.
Yeah, and those of us who were adults in the 1980's remember what a "stellar" job he did on the AIDS epidemic. :barf

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:35 pm

He had next to no funding thanks to masturbating Reagan.

Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:43 pm

You don't even try to hide that the vast majority of your posts are done without any research / you just post out of emotion only.

Table 2. HHS Discretionary Funding for HIV/AIDS

($ in thousands)
Year Funding $ Increase over
prior year % Increase over
prior year
FY1981 $200 -- --
FY1982 5,555 $5,355 2,678%
FY1983 28,736 23,181 417%
FY1984 61,460 32,724 114%
FY1985 108,618 47,158 77%
FY1986 233,793 125,175 115%
FY1987 502,455 268,662 115%
FY1988 962,018 459,563 94%

Reagan failed in many economic areas. But AIDS funding increased during his presidency at rates that haven't been duplicated since.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:57 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:35 pm
He had next to no funding thanks to masturbating Reagan.
So he couldn't give money to China? #ChargeFraudci

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:00 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:43 pm
You don't even try to hide that the vast majority of your posts are done without any research / you just post out of emotion only.

Table 2. HHS Discretionary Funding for HIV/AIDS

($ in thousands)
Year Funding $ Increase over
prior year % Increase over
prior year
FY1981 $200 -- --
FY1982 5,555 $5,355 2,678%
FY1983 28,736 23,181 417%
FY1984 61,460 32,724 114%
FY1985 108,618 47,158 77%
FY1986 233,793 125,175 115%
FY1987 502,455 268,662 115%
FY1988 962,018 459,563 94%

Reagan failed in many economic areas. But AIDS funding increased during his presidency at rates that haven't been duplicated since.
Follow the dead bodies to the morgue.

https://www.cdc.gov

Sorry, my copy and paste feature is broken on my tablet. But the stats are there.

Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:14 pm

There is another perspective than the traditional slam Reagan with generalizations because it makes it look like Republicans hate gays.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/ronal ... 14783.html

Did the Reagan administration say the right things early on? Definitely not. But the actual actions they took are quite a bit different than the Clinton talking points that have been beaten in to all of us as being factual instead of political spin.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic