Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Civil War of Words

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Civil War of Words

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:20 pm

We are truly in the second American Civil War with shots fired on both sides.

How many people decried the vaccines in 2020?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics ... index.html
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news ... ments-poll

Former President Trump just wanted a little credit for the vaccine. Current President Biden doesn't seem to want to offer any.

Now, those same people are touting the vaccine, while the other side is decrying it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ble-ahead/
https://apnews.com/article/arkansas-gov ... 2cb1b6cbfd

Just imagine a world where former and current Presidents could stand side by side to promote the health and well being of all Americans.. oh wait, we don't have to imagine, it actually kinda turned out that way.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/11/politics ... index.html

But one person, one former President refused to participate. And now, we are a country divided. How is this problem solved? How do we become a country that looks out for each other again?

bmw

Re: Civil War of Words

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:37 pm

My opinion is that too many people in this country are too stupid to do their own research and are all-too-easily led like sheep by whichever side they associate with. Vaccination should NOT be a political issue. It should be an individual-by-individual rational decision made by engaging in a risk-benefit analysis, guided by doing one's own research instead of just believing what the media or the government or your favorite political pundit tells you. And both sides (I think the left more than the right, but a faction of the right is guilty of this as well) are taking advantage of their supporters' ignorance to push their own political agendas with neither side being particularly honest about the pros and cons of getting vaccinated. Right now over the past year and a half, I've never seen so much propaganda in my life as what has been pushed about Covid and how to deal with it.

The way we solve this problem is through better education. How we get there, I have no idea.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:25 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:37 pm

The way we solve this problem is through better education. How we get there, I have no idea.
How about we exchange teaching of the "critical race" bullshit for critical thinking?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:41 pm

Amen!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:13 am

Great. So how do you go about doing that? That's like saying "let's lower the world mortality rate by ending world hunger."

The problem is that liberals are largely in charge of our educational institutions, and those liberals are becoming increasing radicalized. This is what happens when schools are funded by government. Send your child to a government school, get a pro-big-government, America-hating child.

It is going to take a radical change to our education system to fix this problem.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:00 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:25 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:37 pm

How about we exchange teaching of the "critical race" bullshit for critical thinking?
Done.

It was never taught to begin with.

Next idea? We may get somewhere if you keep this up.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 am

Just the mention of CRT riles the coward-hearted among white men and white women in America.

The USA has a stark, bloody, unjust history of oppression of non-white human beings in our nation. And in order to finally end it - especially within “the systems” of America - our kids need to study it in school. That way - they can then help their generations form “a more perfect union.”

But first - they need to understand that racism is always born of fear. And - that the feeling of fear then morphs - into dread and hardened hatred.

The study of CRT in school will help children recognize the racism they are hearing and watching in their homes and elsewhere from adults, before they permanently take it to heart, and adopt it themselves. Without questions. Without history. Without thinking.

And along the way - they will begin to re-educate their parents, grand parents, uncles, and aunts. Which is exactly why so many white adults fear CRT being taught in school. They often are in favor of “separate but equal” which is instead unequal - and enjoy their own race ensconced and remaining - forever supreme - in the USA.

You know - the same voters who hear and heed Trump’s racial division dog whistles. Just as those white supremacists did the day they attacked democracy - on January 6th.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:36 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 am
Just the mention of CRT riles the coward-hearted among white men and white women in America.

The USA has a stark, bloody, unjust history of oppression of non-white human beings in our nation. And in order to finally end it - especially within “the systems” of America - our kids need to study it in school. That way - they can then help their generations form “a more perfect union.”

But first - they need to understand that racism is always born of fear. And - that the feeling of fear then morphs - into dread and hardened hatred.

The study of CRT in school will help children recognize the racism they are hearing and watching in their homes and elsewhere from adults, before they permanently take it to heart, and adopt it themselves. Without questions. Without history. Without thinking.

And along the way - they will begin to re-educate their parents, grand parents, uncles, and aunts. Which is exactly why so many white adults fear CRT being taught in school. They often are in favor of “separate but equal” which is instead unequal - and enjoy their own race ensconced and remaining - forever supreme - in the USA.

You know - the same voters who hear and heed Trump’s racial division dog whistles. Just as those white supremacists did the day they attacked democracy - on January 6th.
Using so many words, yet saying so little of substance. Typical Jeff...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:57 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:36 am
screen glare wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 am

Using so many words, yet saying so little of substance. Typical Jeff...
Oh, he said something of substance. He made it crystal clear how bigoted his view of white people is.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:11 pm

The founding fathers of the United States owned human beings, and created a society that condoned and facilitated the ownership of human beings based solely on the color of their skin. Slave labor built the White House. Even after owned humans were given their freedom, many of them were persecuted and killed by other Americans with no consequences. In Tulsa, hundreds of "free" people were killed and their businesses were looted and burned, and for years it was falsely described as a "race riot". In Mississippi, a World War II veteran was hunted down and killed for exercising his right to vote and not one of his killers was prosecuted.

Facts. These are not theories, these are facts. Facts that have been hidden or ignored. Facts that have been scrubbed from history books for decades.

Imagine if the Germans attempted to hide the Holocaust from their history books. That's what Russia and China have done with their history books. And that's what I see a lot of you are advocating.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:46 pm

There's a big difference between learning from the past and living in the past. I don't think anybody here is advocating for erasing the past and/or not learning from it. I personally am just a bit fed up with our modern-day grievance culture whereby too many people are not only stuck living in the past, but also blame all their problems on white people alive today who bear literally no responsibility whatsoever for the wrongs of their ancestors. Their biggest problem, in my view, is that they've bought into the myth of white privilege. When you hold resentment against somebody solely for that person's skin color, of course you're going to always act like a victim.
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:11 pm
The founding fathers of the United States owned human beings, and created a society that condoned and facilitated the ownership of human beings based solely on the color of their skin. Slave labor built the White House.
So what? How is that relevant TODAY?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:46 pm
There's a big difference between learning from the past and living in the past. I don't think anybody here is advocating for erasing the past and/or not learning from it. I personally am just a bit fed up with our modern-day grievance culture whereby too many people are not only stuck living in the past, but also blame all their problems on white people alive today who bear literally no responsibility whatsoever for the wrongs of their ancestors. Their biggest problem, in my view, is that they've bought into the myth of white privilege. When you hold resentment against somebody solely for that person's skin color, of course you're going to always act like a victim.
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
The founding fathers of the United States owned human beings, and created a society that condoned and facilitated the ownership of human beings based solely on the color of their skin. Slave labor built the White House.
It gives broader context to how we got here and why some things are the way they are. Taken in a vacuum without that knowledge one could draw different conclusions.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:46 am

CRT baby. Gots to learn what ya don’t know. And white ignorant jerks prove my point by saying “So what?” “I didn’t do anything.” “That was former white Americans who owned slaves.” “Not my problem.” “I can’t address the current consequences of their choices.” “Plus - I don’t want to!” I like my automatic White Privilege!!”

Yep. They feel no compunction to acknowledge the current dis-unifying consequences of dehumanizing past injustices. Especially systemic racism. You know - the past original racism which is by now “baked into” our present systems.

If you can’t understand how that’s “relevant today” - you must be thick as a brick in head and heart.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:51 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:46 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Fair question. Here's two reasons:

1) "All men are created equal" was a lie... and still is. The Constitution was written specifically to deny such equality to blacks, and yes that was amended. However, after the Civil War, government continued to deny blacks (and women) that equality using tools like the filibuster THAT ARE STILL IN USE TODAY. We saw fit as a country to segregate people in schools, stores, hotels and bathrooms based SOLELY on the color of their skin and the Supreme Court considered it legal even after the Constitution was amended. We've never fully made all men equal despite the laws written today, and that goes back to the founding of the country.

2) I will grant that you personally (I'm assuming you are a Caucasian American, forgive me if I'm incorrect) are not responsible for what happened to African Americans in the 1700's and 1800's. You are not racist and as a country America is getting better at treating all of its citizens equally. But that doesn't mean you can hide from your (and my) racist ancestors. We need an education system and agenda that teaches the true history of America. World society would not stand for the Germans scrubbing their history books to erase all mentions of the Holocaust. Why should we be allowed to do the same?

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:01 am

Allow me to follow up. Recently, in a fundraising campaign, Hillsdale College sent the following email:
In the words of the Declaration of Independence, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”
Throughout most of our nation’s history, Americans learned about and revered these ideas.
Sadly, because of the Left’s hijacking of history education in so many of our schools, this is no longer true.
Consider the 2019 controversy surrounding the Betsy Ross flag I mentioned above.
When, shortly before Independence Day, Nike announced its plans to release an athletic shoe featuring the Betsy Ross flag.
Nike spokesman Colin Kaepernick objected, condemning the flag as a symbol of racism and slavery. A social media storm followed.
Consequently, Nike announced that it was halting production of the shoe.
This controversy was trivial. But the episode points to something else…

What is NOT trivial is the attempt to spread anti-American ideology into every area of American life…

....and the fact that too many in positions of authority immediately retreat when confronted by political correctness and anti-Americanism.
The most tell tale line in this story is not what's bolded, but this one -

"Throughout most of our nation’s history, Americans learned about and revered these ideas."

But in 1776 all men were NOT treated equally. It was quite frankly VERY American to not treat those with different colored skin equally. And we hid that from ourselves for centuries.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic