Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

To any idiot who still refuses to get vaccinated....

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

To any idiot who still refuses to get vaccinated....

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:12 am

Fuck you.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Re: To any idiot who still refuses to get vaccinated....

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:21 am

My wife and I are double vaccinated and ready to go.

If I wrap tinfoil around my arm, will that prevent them from reading my micro chip?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:36 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:12 am
Fuck you.
I second that emotion

Wellllll... la de frickin da

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:30 pm

If getting vaccinated is so great, why is Los Angeles county requiring vaccinated people to wear masks again?

btw - if you believe the vaccine is great, why do you care if OTHER people don't get vaccinated? They don't pose a risk to YOU.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:30 pm
If getting vaccinated is so great, why is Los Angeles county requiring vaccinated people to wear masks again?

btw - if you believe the vaccine is great, why do you care if OTHER people don't get vaccinated? They don't pose a risk to YOU.
The way I see it, LA county is essentially asking the vaccinated to help out the unvaccinated. They assume that unvaccinated people have also stopped wearing masks in indoor public settings and businesses even though they’re still required to do so, so they want everyone to wear one.

But to answer your question, the struggle for me is young kids. Many young children (anyone under 12 as of right now), can't be vaccinated even if they or their families wanted them to be. That means they're susceptible to acquiring COVID from non-vaccinated carriers who are asymptomatic and are choosing to not mask while in public settings (even though CDC guidelines say non-vaccinated individuals should still mask, especially in indoor public spaces).

And yes, I understand kids are not dying from COVID like the elderly or even the middle aged, but every day there are stories of young children suffering from major lung capacity issues after contracting COVID. There are young kids who can't taste or smell any more and it's proving to not be short term as some of the kids are going on a year now of not being able to taste or smell their food.

So yes, I think getting a vaccine not only helps me, but also helps those who are unable to get the vaccine. Those who are too young or those whose immune systems are not able to withstand the vaccination process.
Last edited by Honeyman on Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:30 pm

Right!

I mean it's not like diseases develop variants when there is a large frequency of unvaccinated populations.

Wafm!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fuck you.
Will you at least use some lube? I'm a virgin.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:45 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:56 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fuck you.
Will you at least use some lube? I'm a virgin.
Your signature suggests otherwise

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:33 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:35 pm
And yes, I understand kids are not dying from COVID like the elderly or even the middle aged, but every day there are stories of young children suffering from major lung capacity issues after contracting COVID. There are young kids who can't taste or smell any more and it's proving to not be short term as some of the kids are going on a year now of not being able to taste or smell their food.
Do you have any statistics or other evidence to suggest that these instances are any more common than say, vaccine side effects?

Because as you are apparently aware, the death statistics are readily available, and the mortality rate in this age group is so low that it may not even be statistically significant.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:19 pm

These are the kind of stories that make some people hesitant. I know this boy's Uncle, they thought they were doing the right thing. While it's still under investigation if the vaccine was the cause, boy if I were the boy's parents, I sure would not be feeling too good about my decision.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2021/0 ... 323095001/

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:19 pm
These are the kind of stories that make some people hesitant.
Truly tragic.

Only problem is that there is almost no balance in the coverage. If there were stories about each and every individual that died from COVID, heck I'd even settle for stories on every juvenile, it would paint a different picture and reduce at least some of this hesitation. The thing is that is too much work for our media because of the sheer numbers involved, those stories just don't have the emotional response and don't generate clicks and/or viewers.

Someone that died from the vax is as equally tragic as someone that died from the virus. But you'd never know that from our media.

Keeping COVID going is in the best interest of the media and no one else. Same with the continuing obsession with orange man bad.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:33 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:35 pm
Do you have any statistics or other evidence to suggest that these instances are any more common than say, vaccine side effects?

Because as you are apparently aware, the death statistics are readily available, and the mortality rate in this age group is so low that it may not even be statistically significant.
You question and comment to me was, "Why do you care if OTHER people don't get vaccinated? They don't pose a risk to YOU." I answered you. You might disagree with me, or think my opinion is not statistically sound, but that is how I feel.

But if you want to dispute that this country would be better off if, say, 90% of the population was vaccinated, then we can argue.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:04 pm

You're using young children to shame adults into doing something, calling those people "idiots" and flipping them the bird. If you're going to do that, you had better have a statistically sound position.

Definition of "idiot" (the word you used to describe every person who chooses not to get vaccinated)

a foolish or stupid person

Each and every single person alive is responsible for his/her own actions. By extension, each and every person is responsible for calculating his/her own risk-benefit analysis when it comes to making the decision whether or not to get vaccinated. I'm not going to go over all the variables or the data available to anybody who wants to seek it out as I've already done that ad nauseum in here, but I will simply say that there are intelligent people who are doing their own risk-benefit analysis and using their own statistically sound research to make the decision to NOT get vaccinated.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:04 pm
You're using young children to shame adults into doing something, calling those people "idiots" and flipping them the bird. If you're going to do that, you had better have a statistically sound position.

Definition of "idiot" (the word you used to describe every person who chooses not to get vaccinated)

a foolish or stupid person

Each and every single person alive is responsible for his/her own actions. By extension, each and every person is responsible for calculating his/her own risk-benefit analysis when it comes to making the decision whether or not to get vaccinated. I'm not going to go over all the variables or the data available to anybody who wants to seek it out as I've already done that ad nauseum in here, but I will simply say that there are intelligent people who are doing their own risk-benefit analysis and using their own statistically sound research to make the decision to NOT get vaccinated.
No, they are not inteligent people. People who don't get vaccinated are idiots because of many of the statistics you have cited. Percentage that die vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. Degree of sickness vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. etc. THE. VACCINE. WORKS. And if people are not getting vaccinated for the stupid reasons that have been cited about it being untried and creates mind control, etc., then yes they are IDIOTS. I don't care if you have a 162 IQ, you play Russian roulette, you're an idiot.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:29 pm

BMW, while I am not gonna get the pie charts or whatever for you, the stats are showing nationwide those who are getting the Delta Variant are by a large margin are those who are not getting the jabs. Every source, left, right, middle says that. You can choose to believe it or not, I will choose to. I went to my local Walmart today and all employees were masked again and they were handing out paper masks to everyone who went in and everyone who I saw was masked. Sadly the masks are coming back.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic