Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mainstream media OBSESSED with Delta variant of Covid

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Mainstream media OBSESSED with Delta variant of Covid

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:45 pm

For weeks now, always in the top headlines is gloom-and-doom predictions about how bad the Delta variant of Covid is going to be.

I just looked at the numbers, and for the past 3 straight days, total Covid cases in the US are at the lowest numbers they've been at since the start of the pandemic (and down 97% compared to the peak back in the winter). 56% of the population is at least partially vaccinated, and 47% are fully vaccinated. People over the age of 65 (the most vulnerable group) has an extremely high vaccination rate of I believe over 80% now.

So while Covid isn't completely gone, it is SIGNIFICANTLY under control. So why can't the media let it go? Here where I live, the vast majority of the people in town are going about their daily lives. I rarely even see masks anymore. In fact, last night when I was in Wal Mart, I saw probably 50 or 60 people (including employees) and I literally did not see ONE SINGLE MASK!

km1125

Re: Mainstream media OBSESSED with Delta variant of Covid

Post by km1125 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:27 pm

Just wait...VERY SOON they will all be switching to the LAMDA version as the one to be afraid of!!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:39 am

They have to keep the panic alive for the new Biden door to door effort. That is going to be a clusterfuck. People getting doors slammed in their face, chased off property and I dare say either threatened with bodily harm or knocked up side the head.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:57 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:45 pm
For weeks now, always in the top headlines is gloom-and-doom predictions about how bad the Delta variant of Covid is going to be.

I just looked at the numbers, and for the past 3 straight days, total Covid cases in the US are at the lowest numbers they've been at since the start of the pandemic (and down 97% compared to the peak back in the winter). 56% of the population is at least partially vaccinated, and 47% are fully vaccinated. People over the age of 65 (the most vulnerable group) has an extremely high vaccination rate of I believe over 80% now.

So while Covid isn't completely gone, it is SIGNIFICANTLY under control. So why can't the media let it go? Here where I live, the vast majority of the people in town are going about their daily lives. I rarely even see masks anymore. In fact, last night when I was in Wal Mart, I saw probably 50 or 60 people (including employees) and I literally did not see ONE SINGLE MASK!
The State of Michigan is only reporting infections and deaths twice a week now.
zzand wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:39 am
They have to keep the panic alive for the new Biden door to door effort. That is going to be a clusterfuck. People getting doors slammed in their face, chased off property and I dare say either threatened with bodily harm or knocked up side the head.
The door to door thing is a worse idea than mass government-run vaccine sites. Any injuries as a result are directly on the administration.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:14 am

Would you accept a vaccine from person coming to your door that you did not know? Only a moron would do that.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

n8fnr

Post by n8fnr » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:28 pm

But wait, Lord Trump said that the virus is a hoax, is fake news and said like a miracle it will go away. So how can you be talking about something that is not real?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/26/coronav ... -rise.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... x-n1145721

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:59 pm

Ignore the Delta variant at your own peril. Over 200-300 cases each day in Israel of the Delta variant, and they are 85% vaccinated. Is it possible that COVID herd immunity is impossible?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:30 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:59 pm
....Is it possible that COVID herd immunity is impossible?
So we've been being sold a bad bill of goods for a year and a half now??

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:04 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:59 pm
Ignore the Delta variant at your own peril. Over 200-300 cases each day in Israel of the Delta variant, and they are 85% vaccinated. Is it possible that COVID herd immunity is impossible?
Vaccinated people are not getting serious illnesses. Keep spreading fear though.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:00 pm

Yep, they banned spectators from the Olympics due to this obvious hoax, doesn't exist, nope, just ask Trump, or Nugent, or one of those other deniers, may be the dead senator? Stupid media, ruining everything! Just hyping a non-existent global pandemic! The nerve!

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:31 pm

HD74 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:00 pm
Yep, they banned spectators from the Olympics due to this obvious hoax, doesn't exist, nope, just ask Trump, or Nugent, or one of those other deniers, may be the dead senator? Stupid media, ruining everything! Just hyping a non-existent global pandemic! The nerve!
How dare they!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:01 pm

At this point when they're naming variants after Greek letters it makes me think more of the stds that are plentiful in Greek life on college campuses more than covid.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:31 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:14 am
Would you accept a vaccine from person coming to your door that you did not know? Only a moron would do that.
This is actually a very good point. Only a moron would receive a vaccine from someone coming to their door that they do not know. However, only a moron wouldn't have gone down to the county health department or their doctor's office and received the shot to begin with.

So I guess this is a case of matching the target market with a product. Really, it sounds like the medicalization of Reaganomics in a way.

The moron comment is remarkably apt!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:51 am

Vaccinated people are not getting serious illnesses.
BINGO.

I think this by far is the most important takeaway.

The mainstream media hype machine is definitely in overdrive on the Delta variant. It works to a degree. My mom is glued to their bullshit.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:47 am

That's half of it. The other half is that the vaccine is readily available to anybody who wants it, and has been for some time now.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it. Right now there's plenty of water, the horses that want water have drank it, and the media and the government are screaming at the remaining horses at the top of their lungs in vein as if it will somehow work. At some point you let those horses make their own decisions and leave them alone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic