Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI facing allegation that its background check of Kavanaugh was ‘fake’

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

FBI facing allegation that its background check of Kavanaugh was ‘fake’

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:49 am

More corruption from the Trump Administration, big surprise.

Someone paid off Kavanaugh. All of his credit card debt plus a mortgage vaporized in a span of one year without any significant gift or influx of additional income. Who is buying off our Supreme Court Justices?

Hopefully attorney general Garland will start looking into the fraud that seems to have occurred and perhaps we can get Kavanaugh out of his seat.
The FBI is facing new scrutiny for its 2018 background check of Brett Kavanaugh, the supreme court justice, after a lawmaker suggested that the investigation may have been “fake”.

Sheldon Whitehouse, a Democratic senator and former prosecutor who serves on the judiciary committee, is calling on the newly-confirmed attorney general, Merrick Garland, to help facilitate “proper oversight” by the Senate into questions about how thoroughly the FBI investigated Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing.

The supreme court justice was accused of sexual assault by Christine Blasey Ford and faced several other allegations of misconduct following Ford’s harrowing testimony of an alleged assault when she and Kavanaugh were in high school.

Kavanaugh denied the claims.

The FBI was called to investigate the allegations during the Senate confirmation process but was later accused by some Democratic senators of conducting an incomplete background check. For example, two key witnesses – Ford and Kavanaugh – were never interviewed as part of the inquiry.

Among the concerns listed in Whitehouse’s letter to Garland are allegations that some witnesses who wanted to share their accounts with the FBI could not find anyone at the bureau who would accept their testimony and that it had not assigned any individual to accept or gather evidence.

“This was unique behavior in my experience, as the Bureau is usually amenable to information and evidence; but in this matter the shutters were closed, the drawbridge drawn up, and there was no point of entry by which members of the public or Congress could provide information to the FBI,” Whitehouse said.

He added that, once the FBI decided to create a “tip line”, senators were not given any information on how or whether new allegations were processed and evaluated. While senators’ brief review of the allegations gathered by the tip line showed a “stack” of information had come in, there was no further explanation on the steps that had been taken to review the information, Whitehouse said.

“This ‘tip line’ appears to have operated more like a garbage chute, with everything that came down the chute consigned without review to the figurative dumpster,” he said.

He also criticized FBI director Chris Wray, who Joe Biden has elected to remain in place, for not answering questions about the investigation.

The FBI did not respond to a request for comment. The DOJ did not respond to a request for comment.
from the Guardian

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Re: FBI facing allegation that its background check of Kavanaugh was ‘fake’

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:07 am

Over turning an "election" because you don't like the results?
That reminds me of somebody......gimme a minute I'll remember who.
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:32 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:07 am
Over turning an "election" because you don't like the results?
That reminds me of somebody......gimme a minute I'll remember who.
There might be a bit of partisanship given the fact that it's a Democrat raising the questions. But the highest court in the country cannot have justices who take money from people.

It's not a place for politics at all and it requires oversight. I've seen people here ask how a career politician like Joe Biden has amassed wealth, it's in that same vein that we need to ask how Kavanaugh eliminated a sizable amount of debt in a very short period of time.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:32 am
There might be a bit of partisanship given the fact that it's a Democrat raising the questions. But the highest court in the country cannot have justices who take money from people.

It's not a place for politics at all and it requires oversight. I've seen people here ask how a career politician like Joe Biden has amassed wealth, it's in that same vein that we need to ask how Kavanaugh eliminated a sizable amount of debt in a very short period of time.
I don't see any reference to debt and mortgages getting paid of in your quoted story. Where does that come from?
And in any case he is the second most centrist judge on the court. So if you are suggesting somebody has bought him they aren't getting their money's worth.
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:15 pm

Google "kavanaugh mortgage" and you will see numerous legitimate news organizations reporting on the questions surrounding how his debt was eliminated.

How he has chosen to behave on the court has nothing to do with how he paid off hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt almost overnight.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic