Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Delta Variant Surges in Israel, including the Vaccinated

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Delta Variant Surges in Israel, including the Vaccinated

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:35 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:52 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:08 pm
Looks like COVID will likely surge again soon in the U.S. The fact that it is surging in Israel(one of the highest vaccinated countries in the world) scares me and should scare you too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk
I keep seeing story after story on the news on how all three major vaccines are "very effective" on this "Delta" strain. How is it possible that Israel (or anywhere else) is seeing surges if they're mostly vaccinated??
Mostly isn't 100%.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:40 pm

Unless China created the new variant in the lab, it's just a new natural mutation of the virus. The COVID-19 virus didn't occur in nature, it was deliberately mutated and modified. However, when mutations continue, it is likely that it will mutate closer to the "wild type" present in nature, that is bad but not as dangerous as the one they likely created in the lab.
Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:09 pm

I just got the J&J vaccine Thursday. This, plus my Pfizer in February has been shown to dramatically improve protection against Delta.

I have 22 days of music festivals to attend through October.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:01 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:52 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:08 pm
Looks like COVID will likely surge again soon in the U.S. The fact that it is surging in Israel(one of the highest vaccinated countries in the world) scares me and should scare you too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk
I keep seeing story after story on the news on how all three major vaccines are "very effective" on this "Delta" strain. How is it possible that Israel (or anywhere else) is seeing surges if they're mostly vaccinated??
It's breaking through the vaccine in certain areas. It is also causing more deathly outcomes for many. It's not to be taken lightly.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:27 am

I have no need for vaccine. I had to two confirmed covid-19 positives in a modest house with me for a week. My symptoms? Sore throat for day, big whoop.

Eat right, lose excess weight and get some sun.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:24 am

Public health policy is a balance between tradeoffs: the economy and public safety. If you swing one direction too strongly for too long, then you are making a conscious choice to impose disproportionate harm on innocent segments of society.

We're at a point now that it's a personal responsibility issue. Anyone who wants a vaccine can get a vaccine easily and without undue barriers. Vaccinated are protected from the variants (including J&J). The unvaccinated have agency to make personal decisions we may disagree with, but they have the right to make it. However, just like other vaccines, the unvaccinated also may have to contend with barriers for various privileges, such as going to school, traveling out of country, etc, which has been a standard practice in our country for well over a century now.

The consensus I've seen from public heath experts is that we may see a surge in cases, but these surges will generally be regional and not national. Thus, it will be easier to deploy federal resources to deal with caseloads should they overwhelm local systems. I think that's a reasonable expectation with a novel virus and the current political environment. I don't think it would be reasonable to shut down the economy again, which disproportionately hurts small businesses and low-to-middle income earners.
I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic