Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

AOC is officially an ungrateful asshole

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

AOC is officially an ungrateful asshole

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:39 pm

I was gonna use "bitch" but didn't want this to sound sexist, so I went with the all-gender-encompassing "asshole" instead.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/aoc-p ... d/1024032/
A conservative columnist raised $104,153 on GoFundMe for the grandmother of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., in Puerto Rico, but the family is refusing the help after AOC called out former President Donald Trump not doing enough to help.

After the Squad member posted on Twitter, lamenting the condition of her grandmother's home in Puerto Rico following 2017's Hurricane Maria, conservative Daily Wire columnist Matt Walsh set up a GoFundMe page that raised $104,153, only to be told the family is refusing the donation.

Walsh tweeted Saturday:

"UPDATE: 'someone' in AOC's abuela's family told GoFundMe that she will not take the money, even though AOC previously claimed that her grandma was in dire straits (and it was Trump's fault). @AOC still hasn't acknowledged this effort or thanked us."

"We are in touch with the beneficiary's family, and they have made clear they will not be accepting the funds," the online crowdfunding site wrote in an email to Walsh.

The site told Walsh in the email the donations would be refunded to those that contributed.
I would wager money this wasn't the grandmother's decision.

Funny how these far leftist liberals are perfectly ok taking money from conservatives through the force of government, but when money is offered up voluntarily, they don't want it. I just don't get it.

audiophile

Re: AOC is officially an ungrateful asshole

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:24 pm

AOC has another acronym?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:10 pm

AUA.....I like it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:13 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:24 pm
AOC has another acronym?
Another obnoxious?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic