Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Real Reason The Canadian Border Is Locked Down

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

The Real Reason The Canadian Border Is Locked Down

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:10 am

Turkeytop has made me realize that the real reason the Canadian border continues to be locked down is to prevent immigration to Canada, not COVID. They don't want people coming from Central America and other places coming to Canada. They want them to stay in the US. They not only don't like Americans, they don't want other people coming into the US and then going there. On the other hand, at least they understand what the purpose of a border is, and don't want open borders like Biden has been forced to agree to on the Mexican border.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 14896

Re: The Real Reason The Canadian Border Is Locked Down

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:38 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:10 am
Turkeytop has made me realize that the real reason the Canadian border continues to be locked down is to prevent immigration to Canada, not COVID. They don't want people coming from Central America and other places coming to Canada. They want them to stay in the US. They not only don't like Americans, they don't want other people coming into the US and then going there. On the other hand, at least they understand what the purpose of a border is, and don't want open borders like Biden has been forced to agree to on the Mexican border.
You can get miffed at me if you want. If that's the reason, good for them.
I do feel bad about conditions in other parts of the world. Mass genocide here. Persecution there. Fleeing refugees.
All that stuff. I'm sorry people have to live and die thru that sort of thing.

But at what point do you save the world and neglect your own backyard?
In this day and age, should the good ol' USA continue to be Policeman and Savior of the World?
Even to the point of jacking up our deficit even more?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:07 am

The Canada/US border is shut down in both directions, by mutual agreement of both of our nations.

It will reopen, probably later this year, as vaccination levels increase in both countries.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:10 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:07 am
The Canada/US border is shut down in both directions, by mutual agreement of both of our nations.

It will reopen, probably later this year, as vaccination levels increase in both countries.
This is not true on our side. There is bipartisan desire on the American side to reopen the border.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:10 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:07 am

This is not true on our side. There is bipartisan desire on the American side to reopen the border.
There is a bipartisan desire on the Canadian side ro reopen as well. But it is still the official policy of both countries to keep it closed for now.

I saw Chuck Schumer on TV one night, yammering away, demanding that it be reopened. I guess your government doesn't listen to old Chuck.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:57 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:32 pm
... it is still the official policy of both countries to keep it closed for now ....
Hold on TwinkleToes.
You're going to have to back this up with some sort of link or something. I myself haven't seen any US policy saying border flow shouldn't resume to pre-pandemic ebb and flow.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:13 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:57 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:32 pm
... it is still the official policy of both countries to keep it closed for now ....
Hold on TwinkleToes.
You're going to have to back this up with some sort of link or something. I myself haven't seen any US policy saying border flow shouldn't resume to pre-pandemic ebb and flow.

If I tried tomorrow to cross the border into the US, I would be stopped. And it wouldn't be Canadian authorities stopping me. It would be the US Customs and Border Protection. And those guys aren't there to enforce Canadian laws.

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article- ... uage=en_US

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:42 am

Have not been to the Windsor Tunnel since the last week of April 2013. Have not been to Sarnia since the last week of June of 2007 & then I took a ferry boat from Sombra, ON to Marine City, MI. Finally, I have not been to Sault Ste. Marie, ON since October 15, 2017 when I saw Canadian singer Serena Ryder performing at Sault Community Centre & an almost sold out show!! Never been to the bridge between Detroit & Windsor though!!

kager

Biden to Canadians: WELCOME BACK!!!

Post by kager » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:09 am

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Re: Biden to Canadians: WELCOME BACK!!!

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:22 am

kager wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:09 am
Just kidding...

https://www.northcountrypublicradio.org ... ther-month
Lawful entry isn't OK, but unlawful entry is...

Maybe the Canadians should just cross the St. Lawrence River.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

kager

RE: Biden to Canadians: WELCOME BACK!!!

Post by kager » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:26 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:22 am
kager wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:09 am
Just kidding...

https://www.northcountrypublicradio.org ... ther-month
Lawful entry isn't OK, but unlawful entry is...

Maybe the Canadians should just cross the St. Lawrence River.
Canadians love Biden.

Thoughts and prayers.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:05 am

The Harris Administration has “closed our Southern Border” for another month.

Lol. It cracks me up every month when I read about the extensions.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:04 am

Canada opened its border to US travelers two weeks ago. However the US has not yet reciprocated.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:14 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:04 am
Canada opened its border to US travelers two weeks ago. However the US has not yet reciprocated.
Our president doesn't even know what a lemonade stand is. He calls it a "pony faced, hair smellin' stand."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:09 pm

The decision on border opening is up to DHS. Unlike your former President, Biden doesn't interfere in the day to day operations of his departments.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic