Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What should be done about China?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

What should be done about China?

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:58 am

If the lab leak theory ends up being proven to a level of somewhere at least close to beyond a reasonable doubt, what should we do about it?

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage from the general US population at China. Covid is currently blamed for just over 3.5 million deaths worldwide. By this time next year, that number may well eclipse the number of Jewish people killed in the Holocaust. Then combine that with the devastation to the world economy and add to that the number of indirectly-caused deaths, and you're approaching something that ravaged the world like a major war would have.

Me personally, I think there needs to be SEVERE sanctions, and not levied by just the US. Your thoughts?

Rate This

Re: What should be done about China?

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:35 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:58 am
If the lab leak theory ends up being proven to a level of somewhere at least close to beyond a reasonable doubt, what should we do about it?

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage from the general US population at China. Covid is currently blamed for just over 3.5 million deaths worldwide. By this time next year, that number may well eclipse the number of Jewish people killed in the Holocaust. Then combine that with the devastation to the world economy and add to that the number of indirectly-caused deaths, and you're approaching something that ravaged the world like a major war would have.

Me personally, I think there needs to be SEVERE sanctions, and not levied by just the US. Your thoughts?
Nukes on the homes of their leadership. Send them listing into oblivion.

We are too beholden to China… crippling them would cripple us.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:18 am

Even if there was no intentional, unintentional or nefarious leak of the virus, consider how much intel they've gathered on the ramifications of using something like this in warfare. I'm sure we've learned a bit too, but how will we take advantage of that knowledge, especially on the defensive side?

Wonder how much work has gone into a "create a vaccine first, then figure out how to make the virus" process?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:02 pm

The first thing we need to do is renegotiate the Trump trade deal. If they refuse, then we hit them with sanctions. They should be punished. Let's also not forget that they allowed a satellite to come crashing down to earth.

And side note: whether it came from the lab or not, China was sloppy in letting COVID spread in early December 2019. They insisted that the disease couldn't jump person to person.

The Chinese should be considered an enemy of the world as far as I am concerned. Reckless abandon!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:09 pm

What the heck!?!?

We all agree?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:19 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:09 pm
What the heck!?!?

We all agree?
How you been, man?!?

We were all worried about you.

The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:51 pm

Aww shucks.

Just taking a break.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:56 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:51 pm
Aww shucks.

Just taking a break.
Cool. Beemer or somebody said they got in touch with you and you were well. Glad to have you back.

Now we can start fighting again, you right wing prick! :lol

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:59 pm

LOL

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:01 pm

FTR, the whole board was concerned about you.

Except Matt. He said "Good riddance! Never liked that pompous ass anyway".

BTW, lovinlife got banned in her 4th or 5th incarnation while you were gone.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:17 pm

Trying to start something? LOL

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:24 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:17 pm
Trying to start something? LOL
:lol:

Just because you took a break, I haven't changed. I'm still an annoying prick. :lol

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:47 pm

What to do about china is quite perplexing. I mean, all the styles I really like aren't dishwasher safe.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:47 pm
What to do about china is quite perplexing. I mean, all the styles I really like aren't dishwasher safe.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:37 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:47 pm
And that's okay. Other than start a nuclear war, there aren't really bad answers.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic