Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What should be done about China?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: What should be done about China?

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:49 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:40 pm
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:38 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 pm
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:15 pm
Trump is suggesting:

-$10 trillion from China in "reparations"
-Cancellation of all US debt to China
-A 100 percent tariff on all goods imported from China

Certainly better suggestions than what are coming from the Biden administration - which are basically do nothing.
And who would hold China accountable to that? A simp talking through his ass making promises he can't keep means nothing.

Matt wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:23 pm
Fauci is China’s lapdog. Maybe we could start by dealing with his treason?
We should deal with Trump's treason because Fauci is innocent.
Fauci aided and abetted a foreign adversary. That is high treason, punishable by death.
He most certainly DID NOT!
Yes, he did. He is China's water boy and has committed high treason.
You have ZERO evidence of this. It is a concocted talking point by the right. He communicated with fellow researchers, but there is zero crime in that.
How about dismissing the lab leak theory - that certainly was advantageous to China.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:14 pm

The fireballs from some nukes near the lab where it leaked should take care of what escaped.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Now they have nuke leak.. At least according to CNN.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:07 pm

How about dismissing the lab leak theory - that certainly was advantageous to China.
He reached a conclusion based on his professional evaluation of the matter at hand. I happen to think there is a real chance he reached the wrong conclusion, but just because his conclusion happens to be convenient for China doesn't mean he committed treason.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:59 pm

I agree that his statements don't rise to the level of treason, but I also don't believe his conclusion was based on a professional evaluation of the situation. To this day he still largely dismisses the theory. And when I listen to him speak in front of Congress, he's always carefully and thoughtfully parsing every single one of his words. I personally believe that he is first and foremost a politician.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:56 pm

The evidence surrounding the lab leak theory is still largely circumstantial - and as of yet, nothing conclusive has emerged. I will concede that the WHO investigation has been an embarrassment. They do not provide the methodology, nor the results, to support their conclusions and heavily rely on testimony from entities with clear conflicts of interests. I will reserve judgment on the origins of COVID until a true scientific consensus based on hard evidence emerges.

I have yet to see any reason to see that Fauci has been acting out of any kind of malice. Nothing in his e-mails contradicts what he says in public. It is scientifically irresponsible to publicize preliminary findings from the research of other groups as you have no way of verifying the robustness of the methods and results.

I also do not find it particular problematic that Fauci's words are thoughtful and measured. As scientists, we're trained, especially in public forums, that our words -- especially related to our work -- have meaning. The fact we're having this conversation proves this is true for Fauci. When policymakers and the public hang on your word, it is good practice to try and make sure every statement you make is backed by evidence and that you minimize unconstrained speculation/hypotheses and leave those for the scientific process to resolve.

Now, that said, I've repeatedly said that Fauci loves the spotlight a bit too much. He's also become quite comfortable with airing his politics, which ends up insulting about half of the country. However, by and large, I do not see any serious transgressions committed by Fauci -- even if he is proven wrong.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:00 pm

There's a difference though between thoughtfully choosing your every word for the benefit of the general public vs doing so for your own personal benefit. Again, just my opinion here based on what I've seen, but Fauci's motivation is the latter.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 pm

Agreed re: difference.

Tangential to this topic: I must admit I'm pretty disheartened by how COVID-19 has devolved into people arguing about who's pro or anti-science rather than using this as an opportunity to be an adrenaline shot in recruiting the next generation of scientists; analogous to the old space race. The magnitude of the challenges that lie ahead only get greater and we should be motivating and developing our next generation of best minds.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:45 am

I'll point out that my statements that Fauci committed treason is a bit of hyperbole - a counterclaim to the just as absurd belief that the guy walks on water. He doesn't, and Trump made a (Fuck you, Bill. Your show sucks.) mistake by allowing the guy to have a pedestal. Biden made a (Seriously, Bill - if you take money for that show, you are stealing) mistake by elevating Fauci. I echo JN's assertion that the politicization of science based on how you look at covid being disheartening. It's devolved into peer pressure/social media virtue signaling.
Last edited by Matt on Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:15 am

This is all to know about Fauci:

https://youtu.be/Sqex07kJhzU?t=40

Evil! He admitted to lying to the American "peasants" to protect his chosen "people". :horns

Meanwhile, I knew he was full of krap, and back here I was making N100 masks and giving them away.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:19 pm

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:24 pm

China rips us off by using cheap Capacitors, their cheap electronics go to scrap in a few years.

https://www.edn.com/would-better-electr ... ce-e-waste

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:54 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 pm
Agreed re: difference.

Tangential to this topic: I must admit I'm pretty disheartened by how COVID-19 has devolved into people arguing about who's pro or anti-science rather than using this as an opportunity to be an adrenaline shot in recruiting the next generation of scientists; analogous to the old space race. The magnitude of the challenges that lie ahead only get greater and we should be motivating and developing our next generation of best minds.
It is recruiting young people who believe in science.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:45 am
I'll point out that my statements that Fauci committed treason is a bit of hyperbole - a counterclaim to the just as absurd belief that the guy walks on water. He doesn't, and Trump made a (Fuck you, Bill. Your show sucks.) mistake by allowing the guy to have a pedestal. Biden made a (Seriously, Bill - if you take money for that show, you are stealing) mistake by elevating Fauci. I echo JN's assertion that the politicization of science based on how you look at covid being disheartening. It's devolved into peer pressure/social media virtue signaling.
Side note and Armistice: Heard his show on 100.9 ESPN in Midland. So horrible. Small penis syndrome?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic