Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Reminder...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

A Reminder...

Post by Bryce » Mon May 31, 2021 10:05 am

Today isn't just a long weekend to some of us.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Re: A Reminder...

Post by bmw » Mon May 31, 2021 11:28 am

Since you made reference to Kamala Harris' tweet, I'm finally going to chime in on this topic.

On a scale of 1 to 10 - with a 1 being completely innocuous and 10 being highly offensive, Kamala's tweet ranks at about a 2 for me. I have a LOT of problems with Harris; her telling people to enjoy their long weekend (on Memorial Day) isn't one of them.

In the same way that I get fed up with liberals using slavery as an excuse to get offended about anything and everything....and I say this with no disrespect intended whatsoever to those who lost loved ones in war....I'm beginning to get a tad bit fed up with conservatives using Memorial Day every year as an excuse to get offended by anything and everything the left might do or say over that weekend. I sometimes almost feel like conservatives use military service as a way to assert superiority over others.

Again....I mean no disrespect to anybody here; I'm just stating my opinion as it stands today.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 31, 2021 11:42 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:28 am
Since you made reference to Kamala Harris' tweet, I'm finally going to chime in on this topic.
This post wasn't directed at Kamala per se. It was directed at EVERYONE who doesn't reflect on the reason behind this day.

Every time I hear someone say "Happy Memorial Day" it just froshes my ass.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 31, 2021 12:09 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:42 am
This illustrates my point. Conservatives bash liberals to no end (often deservedly so) for needing "safe spaces" and for getting offended at everything. What I'm saying is that Conservatives are guilty of getting overly offended at things too, such as was evidenced by the wide-ranging response by Conservatives to Kamala's otherwise innocent tweet.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:04 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon May 31, 2021 6:46 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:42 am
bmw wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:28 am
This post wasn't directed at Kamala per se. It was directed at EVERYONE who doesn't reflect on the reason behind this day.

As it should. Kamala should know better.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:20 am

Take anything on twitter with a grain of salt, it is the garbage dump of social media

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:40 am

Thank you Bryce.

I'm just now seeing this. Stepped out of town for a few days. Nice post.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:17 pm

Agreed. Nice post.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

G G

Post by G G » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:20 am
Take anything on twitter with a grain of salt, it is the garbage dump of social media
Social media is a garbage dump.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic