Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Got COVID? Enjoy your medical bills

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Got COVID? Enjoy your medical bills

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 12:57 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:28 am
craig11152 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:24 am
I would be curious why an adult son is responsible for a parents debt
These bills certainly will be a liability of the father's Estate.
I suppose the point could be pondered that if you raised your children to be planning on a windfall after your demise ... just sayin'.
Take a look at a probate court roster some time.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 23, 2021 8:21 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:46 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:30 am
Was this part of your Grand Plan? Bankruptcy? Well thought out!
:lol You're one to talk - your political party is the one driving our entire country towards bankruptcy (I'll concede here that the Republicans aren't much better in this regard). And if you think you're going to close the deficit by raising taxes on the rich, well, good luck with that one.
I don't recall you complaining about the h*ge deficit created during the Trump administration. Amazing that deficits all of a sudden become important.
Not ONE dime could be spent during the Trump tenure without Nancy and her band of henchmen approving it. NOT ONE DIME. Blaming Trump for deficit spending is like blaming the 5 year old in line at the grocery store screaming for a candy bar, and getting it, for dad's gambling debts.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

G G

Post by G G » Sun May 23, 2021 10:02 pm

I believe that most private insurers in michigan agreed to pay all covid-related bills for clients.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/20 ... -patients/

Of course the ninny occupying the governor's chair in lansing wants to pretend she did a damn thing, when its the private market stepping in.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon May 24, 2021 7:53 am

G G wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:02 pm
I believe that most private insurers in michigan agreed to pay all covid-related bills for clients.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/20 ... -patients/

Of course the ninny occupying the Senate Majority Leader's chair in lansing wants to pretend he did a damn thing when its the governor stepping in.

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon May 24, 2021 7:54 am

hanson wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:53 am
G G wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:02 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Stooges

Of course the ninny occupying the Senate Majority Leader's chair in lansing wants to pretend he did a damn thing when its the governor stepping in.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:21 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:46 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:30 am
Was this part of your Grand Plan? Bankruptcy? Well thought out!
:lol You're one to talk - your political party is the one driving our entire country towards bankruptcy (I'll concede here that the Republicans aren't much better in this regard). And if you think you're going to close the deficit by raising taxes on the rich, well, good luck with that one.
I don't recall you complaining about the h*ge deficit created during the Trump administration. Amazing that deficits all of a sudden become important.
Not ONE dime could be spent during the Trump tenure without Nancy and her band of henchmen approving it. NOT ONE DIME. Blaming Trump for deficit spending is like blaming the 5 year old in line at the grocery store screaming for a candy bar, and getting it, for dad's gambling debts.
The 2017 tax cuts blew a whole in the budget. The Republicans had the whole kit and kaboodle for the first two years of the administration. In other words Nancy and Co. were powerless.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 24, 2021 7:54 pm

Something missing here lately are the covid deniers. Users on this board were saying it's a hoax. It's no more serious than the flu. The statistics are inflated.

As recently as last fall they were saying it would disappear the day after the election. They were sort of right about that, except it's taking a few month after the election.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

G G

Post by G G » Mon May 24, 2021 11:24 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:54 pm
Something missing here lately are the covid deniers. Users on this board were saying it's a hoax. It's no more serious than the flu. The statistics are inflated.

As recently as last fall they were saying it would disappear the day after the election. They were sort of right about that, except it's taking a few month after the election.
Who were these "deniers"? I think people correctly framed the severity and had concerns about their personal freedom for the most part. COVID is a killer, but the rate of death is on par with other sicknesses that we cope with year-to-year. It also leaves long-term or life-long impacts for many. No one serious denied that, but people were severely concerned about the impact that legislation influenced by COVID would have on economy and society.

Here's the thing. It would be wrong to say that people should not respect the damage COVID could do, but it is also wrong to say that people must take every precaution possible to not get the disease. In life, you need to assume some risk. We have a public who is still uninformed about the condition, but that is because no one completely understands it. The beauty of a free society is that even if we do not understand all of the risks involved in activities, we can still decide on our own what our risk appetite is, and manage our own behavior.

And what if someone is wrong? They have to accept the consequences of their own actions. The government's problem here is that as new knowledge was created by researchers into the behavior of the disease, they never made an effort to inform the public. There was just more restrictions or less based on bar graphs. They refused to trust their own population to make decisions on their own. That's backwards.

Law-abiding citizens shouldn't have to work to gain the trust of their government, their government should work to gain the trust of the citizens.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 25, 2021 12:37 am

G G wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:24 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Who were these "deniers"? I think people correctly framed the severity and had concerns about their personal freedom for the most part. COVID is a killer, but the rate of death is on par with other sicknesses that we cope with year-to-year. It also leaves long-term or life-long impacts for many. No one serious denied that, but people were severely concerned about the impact that legislation influenced by COVID would have on economy and society.

Here's the thing. It would be wrong to say that people should not respect the damage COVID could do, but it is also wrong to say that people must take every precaution possible to not get the disease. In life, you need to assume some risk. We have a public who is still uninformed about the condition, but that is because no one completely understands it. The beauty of a free society is that even if we do not understand all of the risks involved in activities, we can still decide on our own what our risk appetite is, and manage our own behavior.

And what if someone is wrong? They have to accept the consequences of their own actions. The government's problem here is that as new knowledge was created by researchers into the behavior of the disease, they never made an effort to inform the public. There was just more restrictions or less based on bar graphs. They refused to trust their own population to make decisions on their own. That's backwards.

Law-abiding citizens shouldn't have to work to gain the trust of their government, their government should work to gain the trust of the citizens.

I wasn't advocating for lockdowns or restrictions. I was simply stating that we had covid deniers among us on this board and now, at last, they've shut up.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:52 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:37 am
G G wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

I wasn't advocating for lockdowns or restrictions. I was simply stating that we had covid deniers among us on this board and now, at last, they've shut up.
A lot of those deniers cases were fueled directly by the actions of folks like Whitmer.

She would demand/require folks to isolate to protect themselves and others, yet she and other folks like her would violate those same requirements as if those requirements were really not the things that would make people safe.

G G

Post by G G » Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 am

Turkeytop wrote:
G G wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

I think there is some miscommunication here. I was saying there was zero, or maybe only a few, COVID deniers. What I was trying to say is that I don't believe that anyone here ever even denied the existence of the disease, but that they had different opinions on things such as severity, cause, or how effectively it is transferred.

hanson

Post by hanson » Tue May 25, 2021 8:00 am

G G wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 am
Turkeytop wrote:
G G wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

I think there is some miscommunication here. I was saying i have my head up my ass when I try to make a point. What I was trying to say is that I believe that many here denied the existence of the disease, and that they had different opinions on things such as severity, cause, or how effectively it is transferred.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 25, 2021 10:10 pm

Turkeytop wrote:

km1125 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:52 am

A lot of those deniers cases were fueled directly by the actions of folks like Whitmer.

She would demand/require folks to isolate to protect themselves and others, yet she and other folks like her would violate those same requirements as if those requirements were really not the things that would make people safe.
So, if I disagree with the policies of my government (which I do) that would be justification for telling dangerous lies that may cause people tp die?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic