Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vaccinated politicians continuing to encourage vaccinated people to wear masks are promoting hysteria

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Vaccinated politicians continuing to encourage vaccinated people to wear masks are promoting hysteria

Post by bmw » Mon May 17, 2021 8:57 am

I'm combining this topic which was arisen in several posts on this site into a single thread which I think deserves its own topic.
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:06 am
Up until about a week ago we didn't know if once vaccinated you still remained a carrier and spreader.
That's not true. PRELIMINARY data for the clinical trials last summer suggested between 66 and 74% efficacy against asymptomatic transmission. This straight from the CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... eople.html
This is at the crux of why I think you're a creep. You don't care about the people around you. You constantly complain about what a victim you are. You feel wearing a mask to protect those who are susceptible to the disease is a bad thing? It's pretty psychopathic behavior to not care about anybody around you.
Rate This wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:57 pm
So she still chooses to wear a mask. Is it keeping you up at night or something? Perhaps draining your bank account for some unknown reason? Is it slowly melting your mothers face off? For gods sake… who cares?
Rate This wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:59 pm
Now it’s peoples choice… guess what? They are choosing to do their part and wear a mask anyways. Over time it’ll lessen. Patience isn’t your strong suit.
I'll respond to all 3 of these at once since they're all basically making the same point. First off, I've never suggested people don't have a right to wear a mask. You want to wear a mask, wear a mask. My problem comes from those (especially politicians) who are effectively promoting hysteria (albeit a mild form of it) by promoting vaccinated people to continue to wear masks when there is no scientific support whatsoever for such promotion. It is my belief that the mental distress that has been unnecessarily caused by government on people susceptible to such distress (apparently upwards of at least 1/3 or maybe even more of the population) is doing more damage as a whole to society than the literal handful of people who might somehow get Covid from a vaccinated person.

There is PTSD out there affecting a large number of people (including a forum member whose name I won't mention here) who have been brainwashed over the past year and a half into thinking that they're going to die if they don't live in a sterile bubble for the foreseeable future. This is not healthy for society as a whole. People should WANT to ditch their masks. We should be celebrating. The fact that so many don't want to (and I predict won't want to for the next several years at least) is evidence to me of what damage government and media propaganda has done over the past 14 months. The reluctance of so many people to even WANT to return to normal (let alone engaging in ACTUALLY returning to normal) is concerning to me.
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:06 am
Didn't you say you had people you knew get sick and you've known of people who have died? That doesn't have any influence on your behaviors and decisions to do things safe for those around you?
Nobody in my immediate family has been sick that I'm aware of. I have had other parts of my family get it, but they all did fine. There has been one death in my intermediate family, but that came as an adverse reaction to being vaccinated.

km1125

Re: Vaccinated politicians continuing to encourage vaccinated people to wear masks are promoting hysteria

Post by km1125 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:10 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:57 am
There is PTSD out there affecting a large number of people (including a forum member whose name I won't mention here) who have been brainwashed over the past year and a half into thinking that they're going to die if they don't live in a sterile bubble for the foreseeable future. This is not healthy for society as a whole. People should WANT to ditch their masks. We should be celebrating. The fact that so many don't want to (and I predict won't want to for the next several years at least) is evidence to me of what damage government and media propaganda has done over the past 14 months. The reluctance of so many people to even WANT to return to normal (let alone engaging in ACTUALLY returning to normal) is concerning to me. ....
It's take a couple years or so to figure out if this theory has merit, but then it'll be too late anyways. The theory is that if folks have been taking extreme measures to isolate and prevent infection because of the COVID thing, then they've also not been exposed to many, many other very minor challenges to their immune system. Doing so for extended periods of time has been proven to have an impact on your immune system (re: studies on long-term astronauts).

What impact will that REALLY have on the worlds population? Will the 'normal' flu bug hit with a vengeance in a couple years solely due to this? Will other -typically minor- infections have more adverse affects requiring hospitalizations? Will more people fail to recover from what normally would be a mild sickness and end up being a fatality?

We'll find out for sure, but it may take some time for the data to start rolling in.

zzand

Re: Vaccinated politicians continuing to encourage vaccinated people to wear masks are promoting hysteria

Post by zzand » Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 am

6 members of my immediate family have all had it, had a damn rough time getting over it and are all now on their way to being vaccinated totally. I have had one member of my work family die of it and as a result our company is 100 percent vaccinated and every damn one of us still wear a mask. We watched as a co-worker and friend fought and lost his battle.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 17, 2021 9:45 am

I'm going to respond to this...please don't get offended by my questions or points, I know this is your family so it is personal, but please try to view my questions outside of that context:
zzand wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 am
6 members of my immediate family have all had it, had a damn rough time getting over it and are all now on their way to being vaccinated totally.
I'd be curious to know their ages, and if they're under 65, why they don't trust their natural immunity? Natural immunity has been found to have anywhere from 80 to 95% efficacy even 8 months after infection in people under the age of 65. Me personally, if I thought I had natural immunity, there's no way I would get vaccinated. But that's just me.
have had one member of my work family die of it and as a result our company is 100 percent vaccinated and every damn one of us still wear a mask. We watched as a co-worker and friend fought and lost his battle.
Sorry to hear that. Given the 600,000 deaths in this country now attributed to Covid, I assume this isn't uncommon. Here's my question though. Have you ever watched someone die prematurely from any number of causes? Cancer, heart attack, etc. And if so, did that person's death cause you to change your personal behavior so as to completely avoid the behavior that caused said person's death?

What I'm trying to figure out is what is so unique about Covid as opposed to other deaths. In 2020, Covid wasn't even the highest or second-highest cause of death in this country. It was third, and accounted for only 11 percent of total deaths. Why don't heart attacks or cancer deaths cause the same reaction in so many people and their lifestyle? Is it because Covid is new?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 17, 2021 9:47 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:10 am
It's take a couple years or so to figure out if this theory has merit, but then it'll be too late anyways. The theory is that if folks have been taking extreme measures to isolate and prevent infection because of the COVID thing, then they've also not been exposed to many, many other very minor challenges to their immune system. Doing so for extended periods of time has been proven to have an impact on your immune system (re: studies on long-term astronauts).

What impact will that REALLY have on the worlds population? Will the 'normal' flu bug hit with a vengeance in a couple years solely due to this? Will other -typically minor- infections have more adverse affects requiring hospitalizations? Will more people fail to recover from what normally would be a mild sickness and end up being a fatality?

We'll find out for sure, but it may take some time for the data to start rolling in.
I'm actually not all that concerned about this specific problem. The vast majority of people are still exposed to plenty of germs, despite their efforts otherwise. My concern is specifically over mental health.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 17, 2021 10:03 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:47 am
My concern is specifically over mental health.
Yeah. Look what happened to Joe Biden after spending all that time sequestered in his basement.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon May 17, 2021 12:24 pm

The six members of my family ranged in age from 14 to 37 and the two that had it hardest were the 37 year old and a 16 year old both in great health. Their treating doctors told them to get vaccinated as soon as possible and for 4 of them it was their second go round with the virus so they didn't really get the warm fuzzies from natural immunity. As for watching someone die, very up close and personal as I buried my youngest son. Yes it changed me, his mom and most of our family profoundly in how we dealt with things and when his baby sister was born those changes came into play big time. And no I won't disclose cause of death other than to say it was not drugs, alcohol or suicide.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 17, 2021 12:39 pm

4 out of 6 with re-infection? Statistically that is VERY unusual, sounds like there may be a genetic propensity to getting Covid in your family. I hope the vaccination works out for them.

btw - were they ardent mask-wearers? If so, then it sounds like the masks did diddly squat.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon May 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Two were ardent mask wearers, the others, now and then.

G G

Post by G G » Tue May 18, 2021 2:06 am

The world would be a much better place if liberals would stuff their dirty gym socks in their masks, at least before their brain flatulence contaminates the conversations of rational individuals.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed May 19, 2021 8:15 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 am
6 members of my immediate family have all had it, had a damn rough time getting over it and are all now on their way to being vaccinated totally. I have had one member of my work family die of it and as a result our company is 100 percent vaccinated and every damn one of us still wear a mask. We watched as a co-worker and friend fought and lost his battle.
Some people on this board are just too stupid to get out of their own way. Until it happens to them, it doesn't exist. Unfortunately, the great DiCK-Tater poisoned their minds.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 19, 2021 8:42 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:15 pm
Some people on this board are just too stupid to get out of their own way. Until it happens to them, it doesn't exist. Unfortunately, the great DiCK-Tater poisoned their minds.
No. Some people just look at the total body of evidence and reach different conclusions than others.

hanson

Post by hanson » Wed May 19, 2021 8:46 pm

G G wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:06 am
The world would be a much better place if repubs would stuff their dirty gym socks in their masks, at least before their brain flatulence contaminates the conversations of rational individuals.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic