Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Masks no longer required for the fully vaccinated

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Masks no longer required for the fully vaccinated

Post by Matt » Thu May 13, 2021 2:13 pm

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

jadednihilist

Re: Masks no longer required for the fully vaccinated

Post by jadednihilist » Thu May 13, 2021 3:20 pm

Hurray!! Here's the full updated CDC guidelines updated today.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:31 pm

Let the lying begin.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 13, 2021 3:41 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:31 pm
Let the lying begin.
I'm sure that factored into the decision. The reality is that this has officially become a personal responsibility issue, so true conservatives should be ecstatic.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

kager

Post by kager » Thu May 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Probably also serves as an incentive for those on the fence about being vacc'd to get it done.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 13, 2021 3:52 pm

I am still going to wear mine until we get down to around 100-200 cases. I am not going to be the one responsible for the next outbreak. Nope.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 13, 2021 4:18 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:52 pm
I am still going to wear mine until we get down to around 100-200 cases. I am not going to be the one responsible for the next outbreak. Nope.
You are fully vaccinated.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:18 pm
Thu May 13, 2021 3:52 pm
You are fully vaccinated.
Anyone can still spread it. I am sticking with what I am saying and staying responsible.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu May 13, 2021 4:39 pm

That's the point of the CDC guidance, MCRF. The science has determined that the fully vaccinated are not the sources of outbreaks, even with the variants running around.

You are of course free to do as you please - and more power to you.

Just don't hold it against others that have been vaccinated that will do as they please as well and shed the mask. According to the actual science behind the vaccines, not wearing a mask (in most settings) is no longer to be considered as being irresponsible, if you are fully vaccinated.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu May 13, 2021 4:59 pm

One other point for you to read up on and consider MCRF:

Scientists have never claimed that fully vaccinated people have been sources of outbreaks or significant enough spread to continue the mask mandates. What they have said, very consistently, is that they needed more time to study and needed more data to determine accurately if it would be safe for those that are vaccinated to ditch the masks safely, without contributing to prolonging the pandemic. This is the result of those studies, as promised.

I know it's tough to digest, and contrary to basically all the advice that's been given out since last March. That we are moving forward should be a relief - not a cause for more stress.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 13, 2021 5:15 pm

I heard COVID deaths are about to dip below fatal gun shot wounds in the US, just as the NRA is about to die.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 13, 2021 5:52 pm

Thu May 13, 2021 4:31 pm
Anyone can still spread it. I am sticking with what I am saying and staying responsible.
Feel free to keep wearing it - that is your right.

However, I now have to ask how many other activities you have ceased to participate in? Specifically - activities that are more likely to kill you or someone else than would be Covid even if you weren't wearing a mask. If you are fully vaccinated, there are now a whole host of other things more likely to kill you than Covid, even if you don't wear a mask.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 13, 2021 5:53 pm

As to the CDC guidance specifically, this is MONTHS later than it should have been. And on a side-note, it means nothing legally in Michigan unless Governor half-whit changes our state's mask policies.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu May 13, 2021 6:00 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:53 pm
And on a side-note, it means nothing legally in Michigan unless Governor half-whit changes our state's mask policies.
True. But good luck on the enforcement piece.

Businesses will quickly tire of fighting the scofflaws that now have been given a golden ticket by the CDC.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Thu May 13, 2021 6:07 pm

I suspect Michigan will update policies pretty swiftly for reasons Robert Faygo outlined. After all, the entire premise has been "following the science."

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic