Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Joey Biden's gas lines and inflation

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
G G

Re: Joey Biden's gas lines and inflation

Post by G G » Tue May 25, 2021 9:59 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:39 pm
G G wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:12 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:06 pm
As far as the national debt is concerned, the recent rate of growth of our national debt is worrisome.
This is why we needed to accept the Penny Plan!
A penny for you to get lost, sign me up! :lol
Something tells me a penny is more money than you have EARNED in a long, long time, boy.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 26, 2021 4:49 am

G G wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:12 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
As far as the national debt is concerned, the recent rate of growth of our national debt is worrisome.
This is why we needed to accept the Penny Plan!
The Penny plan is pretty unworkable.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed May 26, 2021 7:20 am

Wow, some sane talk on the political board... how quaint and rare! One question though, fearless leader...
MWmetalhead wrote:

Best thing Biden can do is to encourage increased labor force participation and encourage open markets.
Isn't this a supply and demand issue? Just like gas, when supply is up prices go down.. and when supply is down (not enough employees to fill open jobs) prices (wages and benefits) go up! The labor shortage would go away in a instant if savvy employers would work toward helping out with transportation and child care.

Can I even make this post without some snarky comment like "triggering the libs" or "defund the GQP"?

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 26, 2021 7:27 am

Chiuld care I agree with, transportation not so much. A reliable way to get to work is on the employee not the employer.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 26, 2021 8:57 am

zzand wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:27 am
Chiuld care I agree with, transportation not so much. A reliable way to get to work is on the employee not the employer.
In a world where car ownership becomes ever more expensive and some alternate means of transportation may not be available it’s perhaps time to reevaluate that.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 26, 2021 11:49 am

nope, people do have to do some things for themselves.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 26, 2021 11:56 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:20 am
The labor shortage would go away in a instant if savvy employers would work toward helping out with transportation and child care.
The labor shortage would go away in an instant if people weren't getting over 600.00 per week to stay home.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 26, 2021 12:18 pm

Bryce I think it's just 300 now and at last count 21 states were cancelling it so people would rejoin the workforce

G G

Post by G G » Wed May 26, 2021 12:51 pm

It took me 25 minutes to get my arbys today. Before this shit started, arbys never had a line. these people need to get back to work.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed May 26, 2021 1:17 pm

zzand wrote:
This is why all you old fuckers need to get some knowledge -

Average cost of a two bedroom apartment in Wayne Co. Michigan - $1050.00/month https://www.rentdata.org/states/michigan/2021
A 25 year old with good credit and good driving record will pay $300/month minimum for car insurance. https://www.valuepenguin.com/25-year-old-car-insurance
If you own a 5 year old or older car, monthly cost for gas/maintanance - $150/month (and that's being VERY generous) https://www.consumerreports.org/car-mai ... ownership/

At $15/hour, those three expenses alone would take 80% of your take home pay.

In Chicago, a monthly train pass is $105. This immediately saves money, and gets you within two or three blocks of any job in Cook County (almost). A monthly bus pass in Detroit is $50, but routes and times are much more limited. And from what I can tell, anything outside Detroit proper is not available. Taxes pay to pave the roads and clear the snow... we also need to help those who can't afford a car get to work.
G G wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 12:51 pm
It took me 25 minutes to get my arbys today. Before this shit started, arbys never had a line. these people need to get back to work.
So get ready to pay them a little more, find them someone to watch the kids and a way to get them to whatever shithole suburb you live in.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 26, 2021 1:23 pm

G G wrote:
I would have bet money you only ate kale and bulgur grain salads for lunch.

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:57 am
zzand wrote:
In a world where car ownership becomes ever more expensive and some alternate means of transportation may not be available it’s perhaps time to reevaluate that.
My sister rode her BIKE to work for three years until she felt comfortable paying extra for a car. She did that in all FOUR seasons that we have in Michigan. And we're talking bicycle, not motorcycle. You could even upgrade to a moped or e-bike for those who struggle with fitness issues. Still MUCH cheaper than a car.

G G

Post by G G » Wed May 26, 2021 1:32 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:17 pm
zzand wrote:
This is why all you old fuckers need to get some knowledge -

Average cost of a two bedroom apartment in Wayne Co. Michigan - $1050.00/month https://www.rentdata.org/states/michigan/2021
A 25 year old with good credit and good driving record will pay $300/month minimum for car insurance. https://www.valuepenguin.com/25-year-old-car-insurance
If you own a 5 year old or older car, monthly cost for gas/maintanance - $150/month (and that's being VERY generous) https://www.consumerreports.org/car-mai ... ownership/

At $15/hour, those three expenses alone would take 80% of your take home pay.

In Chicago, a monthly train pass is $105. This immediately saves money, and gets you within two or three blocks of any job in Cook County (almost). A monthly bus pass in Detroit is $50, but routes and times are much more limited. And from what I can tell, anything outside Detroit proper is not available. Taxes pay to pave the roads and clear the snow... we also need to help those who can't afford a car get to work.
G G wrote:
So get ready to pay them a little more, find them someone to watch the kids and a way to get them to whatever shithole suburb you live in.
If you're renting a two bedroom apartment for $1,050 with interest rates where they are, you get what you deserve. I could find a mortgage for several hundred cheaper if I was that hard-up for cash. $300 a month for car insurance is pretty high. I know people who are on their own in their early 20s who pay about $100.

Bottom line, when you're starting to make your way in the world, you won't be rich and hand holding will just de-incentivize these people. They need to learn to shop around if they are paying that much, and I don't know why they would need a two bedroom apartment on a single income. Get a studio or rent a room.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 26, 2021 5:12 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:27 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:57 am
zzand wrote:
My sister rode her BIKE to work for three years until she felt comfortable paying extra for a car. She did that in all FOUR seasons that we have in Michigan. And we're talking bicycle, not motorcycle. You could even upgrade to a moped or e-bike for those who struggle with fitness issues. Still MUCH cheaper than a car.
And if you work a long ways from home?

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 26, 2021 5:53 pm

Why is the answer always, someone else has to do something for me. Personal responsibility. The employer is not responsible for transportation now and never should be. Public transportation, car pooling, bike as mentioned above, Hell I walked 45 minutes each way for two years because I WANTED TO WORK! The line has to be drawn somewhere or eventually people will demand a paycheck for breathing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic