Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Recipe For Foreign Domination Of The US

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14896

Re: A Recipe For Foreign Domination Of The US

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 am
Interestingly it pales in comparison to the unionized city bus drivers in Ann Arbor and at the U of M… $24-$28 an hour and you have folks putting in so much overtime some of them are at if not over $100K.. those are the two highest paying entities I know of in the immediate area ....
This is what SMART is paying. And they are hiring now. Also, I've been told Airport Employee Shuttle is hiring and pays quite well too. Maybe time to do a George Jefferson and move on up. Seeing as they don't need to pay for training and the CDL-B/P(like they do most new hires) you may even get a hiring bonus.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 pm

Rate This wrote:

As difficult as the job can be my $17.50 an hour should be closer to $22 or so. Between $60 and $70K is about right for the safety sensitive nature and the grief in dealing with stupid people and idiots on the roads.
Is anyone holding a gun to your head to keep you from getting one of those 22.00 an hour gigs?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 26, 2021 4:38 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 pm
Rate This wrote:

As difficult as the job can be my $17.50 an hour should be closer to $22 or so. Between $60 and $70K is about right for the safety sensitive nature and the grief in dealing with stupid people and idiots on the roads.
Is anyone holding a gun to your head to keep you from getting one of those 22.00 an hour gigs?
There’s more that goes into it than just the wage. There’s also internal politics and how well I get along with the folks at various places. I’m very happy at my current place. Great company, good people I work with, just wish it paid more. U of M isn’t an option for various reasons and the city bus company there is the same way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic