Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Caitlyn Jenner

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Caitlyn Jenner

Post by Rate This » Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:30 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:22 pm

Can you think of any other professional trans athletes?
Franklin Pierce University senior CeCe Telfer became an NCAA women’s track and field national champion in 2019.

Telfer, a biological male, completed the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 57.53 seconds — more than a second faster than his nearest rival. Earlier in the day, he earned All-America First Team honors in the 100-meter hurdles.
In the spring of 2019, Mary Gregory, a biological male, boasted that he dominated at a Raw Powerlifting Federation competition in Virginia.

He also broke four women’s world records: Masters world squat record, open world bench record, Masters world deadlift record, and Masters world total record.
At a Connecticut high school women’s track championship in 2019, two biological men left their opponents in the dust.

Terry Miller set a girls’ state indoor record for the 55-meter dash, completing the race in 6.95 seconds.

Andraya Yearwood — another biological male — placed second with a time of 7.23 seconds.
Heavens to Betsy... it’s all over now folks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am

End of Thread.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 am

Rate This wrote:
While I appreciate the examples of transgender athletes that GG and Bryce have given, I think there is a distinction that needs to be made between them and Jenner.

Franklin Pierce, Fallon Fox, and the others are competing as transgender athletes. I think we can all be in agreement that they are going to say there is no issue with transgenders competing. The odds are slim that these two, along with Mary Gregory or Terry Miller or Andraya Yearwood are going to hold their award and say "It was unfair for me to win this".

Jenner is a different story. She won her medals before transitioning. She has no intention to compete. Someone who has competed in the past, has been "in the trenches" of competing, is saying it's unfair. I just find that interesting.

(edit: Turkey, I started this post before you said end of thread. Sorry).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 03, 2021 10:47 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am
End of Thread.
I rest my case.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 03, 2021 10:59 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 am
Bryce wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:30 am
Rate This wrote:

Franklin Pierce University senior CeCe Telfer became an NCAA women’s track and field national champion in 2019.

Telfer, a biological male, completed the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 57.53 seconds — more than a second faster than his nearest rival. Earlier in the day, he earned All-America First Team honors in the 100-meter hurdles.
In the spring of 2019, Mary Gregory, a biological male, boasted that he dominated at a Raw Powerlifting Federation competition in Virginia.

He also broke four women’s world records: Masters world squat record, open world bench record, Masters world deadlift record, and Masters world total record.
At a Connecticut high school women’s track championship in 2019, two biological men left their opponents in the dust.

Terry Miller set a girls’ state indoor record for the 55-meter dash, completing the race in 6.95 seconds.

Andraya Yearwood — another biological male — placed second with a time of 7.23 seconds.
Heavens to Betsy... it’s all over now folks.
It would be "all over" if you were a female athlete that trained all her life to excel at a particular sport and have records beaten and scholarships lost because you were competing against biological males.

Anyone know where the Olympic committee stands on this?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

G G

Post by G G » Mon May 03, 2021 12:55 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 am
Rate This wrote:
While I appreciate the examples of transgender athletes that GG and Bryce have given, I think there is a distinction that needs to be made between them and Jenner.

Franklin Pierce, Fallon Fox, and the others are competing as transgender athletes. I think we can all be in agreement that they are going to say there is no issue with transgenders competing. The odds are slim that these two, along with Mary Gregory or Terry Miller or Andraya Yearwood are going to hold their award and say "It was unfair for me to win this".

Jenner is a different story. She won her medals before transitioning. She has no intention to compete. Someone who has competed in the past, has been "in the trenches" of competing, is saying it's unfair. I just find that interesting.

(edit: Turkey, I started this post before you said end of thread. Sorry).
You raise a good point here. Also, I think it should be added that trannies should be allowed to compete based on their genetic gender. I really am not qualified to give an opinion on intersex individuals.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 03, 2021 2:08 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
End of Thread.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:42 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:08 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
End of Thread.
Quoting what you yourself said in the "Enough with Transgender Hate" thread:

> """This board has several forums. Politics, sports, music and various aspects of the broadcast industry. How about a
> new forum exclusively for the discussion of transgender issues? The one or two users who care about it could discuss it
> all they like. The rest of us could ignore it.
>
> There are already forums here that I ignore. Not because they offend me. Just because they don't interest me."""

So just curious. Why not practice what you preach?
Why are you unable or unwilling to not open up this thread anymore?

Like yourself, I ignore many forums on here. Sports don't interest me, so I rarely go into The Stadium. For the most part, I don't look at anything to do with Covid-19. The "Getting Jabbed" thread is a good example of something I believe I've never posted to. Like yourself, there are many threads I look at when they start, ascertain it does not interest me, and not open them again.

So what is hampering you from overcoming the uncontrollable urge to open this thread and look at it?
It surely does not interest you, since you have said "End Of Thread" more than once.
You can do it. You're a big boy. You can do what exactly what you yourself say folks should do. Ignore it.
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Mon May 03, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm

I said that in the context of proposing a separate forum for those of you who, like Bidengirl, are so obsessed with transgenderism.

If I started posting hockey scores on the political forum, I would be told to take it to the sports forum.

If someone wants to post their thoughts about transgender issues, it doesn't belong on a political forum. There should
be a forum dedicated to transgender matters where all of you who are so excited about it could discuss it without cluttering up the political board.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm
I said that in the context of proposing a separate forum for those of you who, like Bidengirl, are so obsessed with transgenderism.

If I started posting hockey scores on the political forum, I would be told to take it to the sports forum.

If someone wants to post their thoughts about transgender issues, it doesn't belong on a political forum. There should
be a forum dedicated to transgender matters where all of you who are so excited about it could discuss it without cluttering up the political board.
There's a difference between voicing my personal opinion in this forum, and linking newspaper articles.
That's all I did. I seen two different articles about Jenner saying she does not feel transgenders should compete against girls. She felt it was unfair. Surely we both agree posting a link to an article from Business Insider or Fox News (the two websites I seen the articles in) is a far cry from posting the sort of things Bidengirl/LovinLife/etc. was saying.

If you read everything I have said in this thread, all I have said is that I found the opinion of a former Olympic Gold Medalist interesting. Did I pass any judgement anywhere in this thread? I believe the answer is no.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:04 pm

But, transgender issues make up a significant portion of our country’s political discourse. We’ve had Biden sign orders related to transgender rights and we’ve had governors sign orders banning them from sports teams. Now, a gubernatorial candidate in one of our largest states. I would argue that we have MUCH bigger fish to fry than these issues, so they don’t interest me, but it’s still a political issue.

It might not be a political issue in Trudeauland, but here it is, so it belongs on a political forum. Let’s not play gatekeeper here.

Turkeytop

The Transgender Enthusiast Thread

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 03, 2021 9:07 pm

So , is this Caitlyn character some kind of a political personality in the US?

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:12 pm

Running for governor of our largest state.

Turkeytop

The Transgender Enthusiast Thread

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 03, 2021 9:15 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:12 pm
Running for governor of our largest state.

A serious candidate?

BTW this isn't Trudeauland. He's a right wing extremist. Makes even Bernie Sanders look progressive. The idiot couldn't run a lemonade stand.

I'll now exit this thread. US politics is none of my business.

kager

Post by kager » Mon May 03, 2021 11:22 pm

There was some speculation on today's edition of TMZTalks that the "It's not fair" comment was politically-motivated, seeing as though Jenner is running as a Republican.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic