Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Walter Mondale Passed Away on Monday

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Walter Mondale Passed Away on Monday

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:18 am

Upon hearing news of his death Monday, I mourned the loss of Walter Mondale. Although he was soundly defeated by Reagan in 1984, his legacy will not be forgotten by many women and those of us in the LGBT community. Fritz gave a moving speech at the Democratic Convention in 1984 in San Francisco. The move showed his commitment to help our community during the quickly worsening crisis of the AIDS pandemic. Our present being female is no accident. Fritz ran on a ticket with the first female vice presidential candidate in Geraldine Ferraro. Yet, the core of his platform reflected many of the same values Joe Biden espouses today. America decided not to give him a chance and instead we began to see the wealth disparities we see ever increasing today through “St. Reagan”. Thank you for believing in the less thans, Walter.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic