Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fomenting The Racial Divide

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Fomenting The Racial Divide

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:26 am

I guess Chris "Fredo" Cuomo fancies himself the next Al Sharpton. On Friday's "Cuomo Primetime", ole Fredo had this to say...
"Shootings, gun laws, access to weapons. Oh, I know when they’ll change, "[When] your kids start getting killed. White people’s kids start getting killed."
What an ignorant thing to say. It's so wrong on so many levels. I find it hard to comprehend why he would say such a thing. It's almost like those on the left want to escalate racial tensions at a time when they're near the breaking point.

FWIW, a black male has a greater chance of being struck and killed by lightening that being shot and killed by a police officer. A black male with no criminal record, quadruple those odds.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Re: Fomenting The Racial Divide

Post by bmw » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:07 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:26 am
It's almost like those on the left want to escalate racial tensions at a time when they're near the breaking point.
It is precisely what they want. Leftist politicians thrive on chaos. Chaos gives them an excuse to grab power and whittle away and individual liberty.

On a side note - the mainstream media is beyond irresponsible in the way they've covered racial tensions over the past 2 years. As far as I'm concerned, organizations such as ABC News and CNN are at least partially culpable for what is going on today.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:53 am

How come all these "news" stations show only the booking photo of the Brooklyn cop, but don't use the booking photo for Daunte... They always come up with some "innocent looking" photo of the perp... usually from several years ago, and posing for the shot, instead of a current one, or -in Duante's case- the more accurate one where he was booked on attempted armed robbery.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:29 pm

When you think ole Fredo can't say anything dumber, he does.

Monday night's A Block...
“This has become the battleground for the ugliest politics of division,” Cuomo began. “I don’t know if you were watching Friday night, but I said something that every one of you knows to be true. If what we’re seeing in these communities were happening to kids in suburbs, to adults in suburbs- if they suffered the same fate as we see too often with these Black kids, if they died in policing situations, things would change.”
Evidently black families don't live in the suburbs in Fredo's world or he lives near TC Talks. It might not quite be racist, but it sure smacks of ignorance.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:10 pm

I personally find the outrage machine to be quite cumbersome and at some point, the outrage saturation becomes counterproductive to progress. I know I sound like John Kasich here (although I do try to avoid blanket both-sidings), but we should be able to disagree without immediately reacting with distortions, slippery slopes, hyperbole, and egregious extrapolations suggestive of grand agendas. This applies not only to media, whose business model thrives on infotainment and fear-mongering, but also our politicians that use every public appearance as a potential campaign sound bite. Perhaps we could move on by deplatforming (note: not censoring) personalities and outlets that seek attention through outrageous behavior and instead give the spotlight to the adults in the room.

There is plenty of peer-reviewed data that illustrate the prevalence of systemic biases or, more broadly, inconsistencies in our criminal justice system overall -- including policing. I'm happy to provide an extensive compilation of literature on the topic if anyone is willing to debate the studies and/or shortcomings in methodologies/conclusions, but will forgo doing so preemptively. We should at least be able to acknowledge that no system is perfect and seek palatable reforms that help us achieve increased equal justice under the law without the flamefests.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic