Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

National Bone Marrow Donor Registry

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

National Bone Marrow Donor Registry

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:53 am

A bill to reauthorize this great program passed congress 415-2. The lone no votes?
Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA)
Lauren Boebert (CO)

Why?!? Is there something wrong with trying to save people who need this? One of you conservative fellows help me out here...

zzand

Re: National Bone Marrow Donor Registry

Post by zzand » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:35 am

Stab in the dark here. There was some sort of pork in the bill they disagreed with. There is always pork attached to bills.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:11 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:35 am
Stab in the dark here. There was some sort of pork in the bill they disagreed with. There is always pork attached to bills.
I just read the bill... it’s 6 pages only focused on reauthorizing this registry that was created in 2005. It uses the words “Stem Cells”, but in order for that to freak them out they would have had to put no thought or effort into researching what was being discussed because there is nothing nefarious here. The no votes are just pure evil and that’s not a political statement against them. It’s an opinion of them as human beings.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:47 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:11 am
zzand wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:35 am
I just read the bill... it’s 6 pages only focused on reauthorizing this registry that was created in 2005. It uses the words “Stem Cells”, but in order for that to freak them out they would have had to put no thought or effort into researching what was being discussed because there is nothing nefarious here. The no votes are just pure evil and that’s not a political statement against them. It’s an opinion of them as human beings.
A.K.A. Any Friday in the GOP...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:02 pm

I've got to admit the Republicans sure have killed some very worthy bills in the past.

Gee Bryce you seem to have overlooked many of those.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:48 pm

TC: The Democrats have killed some very worthy bills in the past also.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic