Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Adam Toledo shooting

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: Adam Toledo shooting

Post by craig11152 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:17 pm

I posted this on a Facebook discussion this morning.
It was 2:30 in the morning and the cops were responding to someone firing a gun at a car or possibly cars plural. The 21 year old he was with is on video shooting at a car. He has been arrested.
When the cop shows up he knows somebody is armed and pulling a trigger, he doesn't know the ages of anybody. When the suspect turns around the cop has a split second to decide what to do.
This is another in a never ending cycle where citizens make bad and illegal choices before the cops show up then put the cops in difficult situations by running, resisting arrest etc.
People act like cops just cruise the streets looking for somebody to kill.
Its almost impossible to find a cop related shooting where the victim didn't make a series of bad and often illegal choices leading up to the confrontation.
If you are a person of color and don't want to get killed by the cops the rules are the same as they are for white people. Don't do illegal things and when you do face a cop do what they say.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:07 am
0.8 seconds - 8 tenths of a second from the time the gun was dropped until the time he was shot by the officer.

So while he technically didn't have a gun at the precise moment he was shot, he had one literally less than one second before.
So "Drop your gun and raise your hands" doesn't mean spit anymore. That should work out well for everyone in the future.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:46 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:10 pm
[
possibly discharging that firearm since that part is unclear.
Forensics did find gunpowder residue on his hand.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:50 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:37 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:10 pm
Bidengirl wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:23 am
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:26 am
Adam Toledo would be alive today if he wasn't engaged in criminal activity at 2:30 in the morning.
What criminal activity?
Out after curfew,
possession of a firearm
possibly discharging that firearm since that part is unclear.
But his companion was shooting at a car since its on video.
"Curfew" is unconstitutional, but even if it was, according to your reasoning, let's just kill any 13 year old who is not in their house around 2:30am local time, who at one time was holding a firearm, who may or may not have fired that firearm (but didn't strike anyone), and whose companion may have shot at a car.

Checkmate. You lose.
60 words, one number, one time. Zero substance and one really worn out act.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:54 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm
bmw wrote:
0.8 seconds - 8 tenths of a second from the time the gun was dropped until the time he was shot by the officer.

So while he technically didn't have a gun at the precise moment he was shot, he had one literally less than one second before.
So "Drop your gun and raise your hands" doesn't mean spit anymore. That should work out well for everyone in the future.
A reasonably well trained individual, who puts in some work, can draw and put shots on target in 1.2 seconds. An exceptionally trained individual can draw and put shots on target in .08 seconds. Not a lot of decision time there.

Maybe the answer is, if you are up to no good, or even if you aren't, drop your gun the moment you see a police officer arrive, don't run and do exactly as he or she say's?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:54 pm
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm
bmw wrote:

A reasonably well trained individual, who puts in some work, can draw and put shots on target in 1.2 seconds. An exceptionally trained individual can draw and put shots on target in .08 seconds. Not a lot of decision time there.

Maybe the answer is, if you are up to no good, or even if you aren't, drop your gun the moment you see a police officer arrive, don't run and do exactly as he or she say's?
How glib of you to think that's how a 13 year old kid's brain works...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:37 pm

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Which is probably why the vast majority of parents don't allow their 13 year old out, unsupervised, at 2:30 in the morning. Maybe also a reason a curfew is in place.

Wonder if there was a father in the household?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:37 pm

Which is probably why the vast majority of parents don't allow their 13 year old out, unsupervised, at 2:30 in the morning. Maybe also a reason a curfew is in place.

Thanks Bryce, glad you've got it all worked out why a kid should die. Maybe you can write a book or do an after-school special...

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:33 pm

You have to go with solutions you can easily control.

Like, why was this 13 year old kid out with a gun at 2:30 in the morning? The parent needed to have more control over her kid. Then they wouldn't be in harm's way from the police or drug gangs.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm
Bryce wrote:

Thanks Bryce, glad you've got it all worked out why a kid should die. Maybe you can write a book or do an after-school special...
No where did I say, or even imply, that this kid SHOULD have died. He shouldn't have. I'm merely pointing out the fact that culpability doesn't lie solely on the police officer unlike the folks who choose to gas light the public to stir up anti police sentiment.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:42 pm

No where did I say, or even imply, that this kid SHOULD have died. He shouldn't have. I'm merely pointing out the fact that culpability doesn't lie solely on the police officer unlike the folks who choose to gas light the public to stir up anti police sentiment.
excellent point.

I will add the drumbeat of the perp being 13 is a hindsight argument. The cop didn't know he was 13 and to be fair when you are chasing an armed suspect down a dark ally at 2:30 in the morning the natural assumption is its an adult.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:27 pm

For those using the subjects age to make the officers actions seem more horrific, see Nathaniel Abraham.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:42 pm
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm
Bryce wrote:

Save the backpeddling. Every post has been a workshop on why the kid was shot and why the guy that pulled the trigger is blameless. Nothing is that cut and dried. I just hope after y'all are done sewing your lips to the cop's ass you'll get something nice to show for it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:04 pm

That's because the guy who pulled the trigger IS blameless. I don't care if the victim was 13 or 18 or 50. You run from the cops down an alley at 2:30 in the morning with a gun in-hand, and my sympathy for you and whatever harm comes your way is literally ZERO. And I sure as hell am not going to hang this officer over a decision that was made in the window of 8 tenths of a second. You said earlier in this thread "So 'Drop your gun and raise your hands' doesn't mean spit anymore." If the kid had done so IMMEDIATELY (ie, hadn't taken off running), or if the cop would have shot him after clearly having realized that the kid decided to wave the white flag (I don't know what the exact appropriate amount of time would be for such a realization to reasonably have happened, but 0.8 seconds is really pushing it) then you would have a point.

But you (much like LL101) seem fixated on the fact that at the exact moment the kid was shot, he was unarmed and had his hands up - as if this is the only relevant fact. And in the same breath you have the nerve to ridicule OTHER people for allegedly making this too "cut and dried."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 pm

Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:33 pm
[

Save the backpeddling. Every post has been a workshop on why the kid was shot and why the guy that pulled the trigger is blameless. Nothing is that cut and dried. I just hope after y'all are done sewing your lips to the cop's ass you'll get something nice to show for it.
NO back peddling here Mr. I stand by every word. I'm not going to stand by and watch another good officer's life ruined by the anti-cop anarchists and media pin heads that are prime examples of the Dunning-Krueger effect.

I notice none of the points I make, that you refer to as ass kissing, have been directly debunked or challenged.
CNN teams have viewed the footage, which appears to show less than one second pass between the time Adam Toledo draws a handgun and an officer fires a single, fatal shot that hits him in the chest.
https://archive.is/1Bpfi#selection-1243.0-1243.197

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic