Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vaccine passports

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lidoshuffle

Re: Vaccine passports

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:42 am

I have been vaccinated, got the Jannsen (Johnson & Johnson) dose, only one shot required, I wanted the "passport" so I can get back to no masks, I wear them when they are mandated by whatever businesses or peoples homes I visit... but they are so annoying...

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:01 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:36 pm
Would it be mandatory to carry the passport and present it to authorities on demand?
Me thinks, based on what I've read so far, authorities asking someone to show it probably won't happen.

However, I do ponder if it could become a condition of employment. That can happen absence of any legislation or government decrees.

But you'll never know it. Although many don't realize it, if they got your SS number, some employers will look at your health records as part of determining whether to hire you. Mainly to keep their end of the insurance rates low.

And don't squawk HIPPA. I'll wager somewhere in the fine print of your application, you gave them permission.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:02 am

To conflate current concerns about COVID vaccines and the Anti Any Vaccine movement is just plain wrong.

When you get a flu shot, you aren't sick for days, you aren't in great pain, you don't have your skin burn like fire and peel off, or drop dead right after getting the shot. With regular DNA vaccines, reactions are rare to nonexistent.

This vaccine was rushed, is an RNA vaccine which has never been tried on people before, and is still EXPERIMENTAL.

There are many health professionals, as many as 40% who admit it, who are refusing to get the vaccine. Many are nurses and physicians who have seen many reactions first hand. As they say, "if it's in your chair, it's not rare". They have gone so far as to make fake vaccination certificates.

There are other concerns. Normally, people have a CHOICE of whether to get a vaccine or not, like women DEMAND to have on abortion. To have authorities demand to see a card to do certain things is a clear violation of HIPAA. HIPAA already applies to revealing the least consequential types of diagnosing and treating the most mundane and unembarrassing things, like eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions and related records.

There are SCIENTISTS and FIRST LINE PHYSICIANS who are questioning whether the vaccine works and if it actually prevents infection with COVID, and whether it even works on variants. Some scientists say it gives you COVID. Many say it's only good for a few months at the most. At the same time, there are extreme measures to discourage THERAPEUTIC treatment and supplement and other forms of PREVENTION, like the totally politicized HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE, and newer Intervectin. With people like ANTHONY FAUCI and BILL GATES heavily invested in vaccines, and in a position to make millions, even billions of dollars off them, why does anyone believe them to be totally on the level?

This seems about CONTROL, and in some cases the CONTROL to KILL YOU!

But in addition, wasn't this TRUMP's "OPERATION WARP SPEED" VACCCINE? Why on earth do you Trump haters trust it?
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:08 am

A cotton cloth mask has been said by the CDC and W.H.O. That it stops the the virus from being spread. So really no one needs to get a vaccine/vaccine passport if they wear a cotton cloth mask.

If the CDC and W.H.O. change saying a cotton cloth mask does not prevent the spread once the goals of vaccinated people is met, then can you really trust that a vaccine will stop the virus?

After all, it was said originally you wouldn’t need a vaccine passport when Trump supporters brought this up. Those supports got called out by the left for spreading conspiracy false information.

Just something thing to think about as a vaccine passport was fact check under trump presidency to be consider a false information.
Last edited by SoutheastMIViewer on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:13 am

I'm curious - does anybody here who doesn't have a problem with a vaccine passport - would you have a problem with expanding the group of people which it covers to include those who test positive for Covid antibodies and instead calling it an "immunity passport" ? And maybe even provide further exemptions for wearing a mask (I mean, masks are magical after all and I remember people late last year arguing that wearing a mask is even better than getting vaccinated).

And TC Shuts Up is correct - we really DO NOT know if there are any dangerous long-term effects of getting vaccinated. Covid has only been in the public eye for 13 months, and already we're talking about REQUIRING vaccinations of a vaccine that wasn't even in the works yet just over a year ago? Seems a bit pre-mature to me. He's also correct that it is a bit unfair to conflate the anti-vaxxer crowd with people who are perhaps a bit weary of getting this specific vaccine.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:22 am

Is there a database somewhere with VERIFIED and ACCURATE data in it that would make a vaccine passport something that could actually be enforceable?

Who is entering the data? Is it easily compromised (ie, if I'm entering it can I just add my spouse when no one is looking so they get a passport without actually being vaccinated)?

Is there one set of standards across the country to manage this data? How is it entered? Who has access to it? How it's verified if there are (and there would be) challenges to the validity of said database?

Is it going to mostly be on the honor system?

Legally speaking, I don't see how a passport system would ever be sustainable once people are being denied things and start challenging it.

Who is going to enforce passports in small businesses?

You think trying to get people to comply with mask mandates is tough in the USA? Try enforcing this.

What a logistical nightmare.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:26 am

RF - It is unclear to me exactly how this would work, except that the Biden administration has said that a national-level database isn't on the table right now - it will apparently be left to each state to decide and the federal government is supposedly working on guidelines/suggestions for the states. I do know that Florida's governor has already announced that he will outright ban the use of such a passport system in his state, both my local governmental entities AND by private businesses.

Maybe Matt is right - we can each just put a blue-star sticker on our hand, based on the honor system.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:34 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:26 am
Maybe Matt is right - we can each just put a blue-star sticker on our hand, based on the honor system.
New marketing idea for all the online gambling outfits that have taken over the airwaves. We can wager on blue stars.

Drives. Me. Insane.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:49 am

On that tangent, I haven't figured out yet which I hate the most:

-The slew of TV lawyer commercials
-The new slew of sports gambling commercials
-The old slew of E.D. commercials
-The slew of PSA's reminding you to socially distance and to get vaccinated.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:34 pm

I'm pro-vaccine, pro-mask, pro-distancing but lean anti-passport. My primary concern overall throughout this pandemic is the overload it has caused to our hospitals and healthcare system. If we reach "herd immunity" through infections and vaccines, then the threat to the healthcare system will subside.

It is perfectly valid to have concerns about vaccines or any treatment to your own body. We should be more open to addressing these concerns directly so that people feel confident, and not fearful about their decisions.

This particular vaccine has been developed in just a year, somewhat analogous to how new influenza vaccines are developed each year. However, the idea behind mRNA vaccines has been around since 1989 and heavily studied for other coronaviruses, such as SARS and MERS almost 20 years ago. It isn't a completely novel idea as it has been portrayed.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:38 pm

I'm well aware that mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades, but this is the first time one has been authorized to be used in humans. And en masse at that.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:38 pm
I'm well aware that mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades, but this is the first time one has been authorized to be used in humans. And en masse at that.
What alternatives do you propose? There is no such thing as a silver bullet and every decision requires some sort of trade-off/cost-benefit analysis.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:00 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 pm
There is no such thing as a silver bullet and every decision requires some sort of trade-off/cost-benefit analysis.
Exactly. And that cost-benefit analysis should be left to each individual person to make his/her own decision. The math is different for each individual person based on a whole host of factors.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:00 pm
jadednihilist wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 pm
There is no such thing as a silver bullet and every decision requires some sort of trade-off/cost-benefit analysis.
Exactly. And that cost-benefit analysis should be left to each individual person to make his/her own decision. The math is different for each individual person based on a whole host of factors.
I think we are overall in agreement here. You and I may differ on whether or not we, as individuals, should decide to get vaccinated. However, we both agree that our decisions should be respected. That's why from the offset I clarified that I'm anti-passport and pro-dialogue.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:41 pm

This "passport" thing is absolute bullshit. There's no guarantee that someone who's been vaccinated can't get COVID and won't be a spreader. A smaller percentage most likely, but no guarantee at all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic