Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why does the CDC recommend Covid-vaccinated people wear masks in public?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Robert Faygo

Re: Why does the CDC recommend Covid-vaccinated people wear masks in public?

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:44 pm

Studies out of Israel show that vaccinated people that are Covid positive but are asymptomatic are not spreading it.

In my worthless opinion, the policy concerning those that have been vaccinated is more about that we can't trust that if someone is sick (with symptoms) they will do the right thing and stay home -- or if they absolutely must be out, they are wearing a mask to protect others. Vaccinated people tend to think they are bullet-proof when it comes to COVID and just chalk up symptoms to allergies, etc.

The easy way out is to just keep the mask policies in place.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 pm

Jesus Christ BMW, You've been a whinny little bitch about masks for over a year now, give it a fucking rest would you? We get it, you no likey masks. Move on...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:52 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 pm
Jesus Christ BMW, You've been a whinny little bitch about masks for over a year now, give it a fucking rest would you? We get it, you no likey masks. Move on...
I was gonna use snowflake.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:46 am
bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:43 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:34 am
It might actually be effective...Help your fellow man. That’s not political, it’s simply a decent thing to do.
The number of people who die from the flu is roughly equal to the number of people who die in car accidents every year. By your logic, banning automobile travel is simply a decent thing to do to help your fellow man.
No. That’s not remotely the same. However you are incredibly self centered. It’s all about you. You could care less if wearing a mask could possibly save somebody or you could simply not put somebody else through the misery of being sick for a few days.

It should be basic politeness to try not to get somebody else sick. Otherwise you should have no problem with someone or multiple people coughing directly in your face.
The polite thing to do is not hang around other people when you're sick!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:09 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:44 pm
...the policy concerning those that have been vaccinated is more about that we can't trust that if someone is sick (with symptoms) they will do the right thing and stay home -- or if they absolutely must be out, they are wearing a mask to protect others. Vaccinated people tend to think they are bullet-proof when it comes to COVID and just chalk up symptoms to allergies, etc.

Ah, so then you would support shutting down all bars? I mean, we certainly can't trust someone who has been drinking alcohol for 4 hours to not get behind the wheel of a vehicle, so the easy way out is to just shut down all the bars.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:10 pm

Get rid of the damn mask policies and I'll quit bitching about them.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:09 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
...the policy concerning those that have been vaccinated is more about that we can't trust that if someone is sick (with symptoms) they will do the right thing and stay home -- or if they absolutely must be out, they are wearing a mask to protect others. Vaccinated people tend to think they are bullet-proof when it comes to COVID and just chalk up symptoms to allergies, etc.

Ah, so then you would support shutting down all bars? I mean, we certainly can't trust someone who has been drinking alcohol for 4 hours to not get behind the wheel of a vehicle, so the easy way out is to just shut down all the bars.
As I recall we tried that once.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:28 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:10 pm
Get rid of the damn mask policies and I'll quit bitching about them.
Do you bitch about not being allowed to piss on the side of the street too? God given rights and all...

Sorry it hurt your wittle feelings to have to wear a mask. Next time you have surgery give your surgeon the same option. After all a several hour surgery with a mask on is pretty uncomfortable and inconvenient.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:30 pm

Sorry, but comparing not wearing a mask to pissing on the sidewalk makes you sound foolish.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:30 pm
Sorry, but comparing not wearing a mask to pissing on the sidewalk makes you sound foolish.
Both are the price of admission right now. Medical professionals spend their entire day every damn one of them with a mask on. You’re telling me you can’t bear 20 minutes in a store? What a wimp. Find something more productive to bitch about.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:33 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:27 pm
bmw wrote:
Robert Faygo wrote:

So what you're saying is that people's self-centered desire to get piss-ass drunk at 2 AM is so strong that the government just plain has to allow it?

Come on man, I thought this was all about saving lives. Just think of all the broken homes that are broken because of alcoholism, all the people who die prematurely from liver poisioning, and all the people killed by drunk drivers. Those stats combined dwarf Covid by orders of magnitude.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:33 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:27 pm
bmw wrote:
Robert Faygo wrote:

So what you're saying is that people's self-centered desire to get piss-ass drunk at 2 AM is so strong that the government just plain has to allow it?

Come on man, I thought this was all about saving lives. Just think of all the broken homes that are broken because of alcoholism, all the people who die prematurely from liver poisioning, and all the people killed by drunk drivers. Those stats combined dwarf Covid by orders of magnitude.
What I’m saying is that you are building a straw-man argument.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:35 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:32 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:30 pm
Both are the price of admission right now. Medical professionals spend their entire day every damn one of them with a mask on. You’re telling me you can’t bear 20 minutes in a store? What a wimp. Find something more productive to bitch about.
Comparing medical professionals, wearing medical-grade masks (and most surely properly trained on how to wear them), exposed to large numbers of sick people every day - comparing those people to the average Joe making a Wal Mart run while wearing his disposable mask for the 15th time - is an apples to oranges comparison if ever I've seen one.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:34 pm
Where's the straw man? The underlying premise of all of these arguments is what is the threshold for government intervention when it comes to saving lives? If the argument is that EVERYONE has to wear a mask because as a practical matter we can't pick and choose who gets to wear one and who doesn't (and trust that people are following the correct guidelines for their particular situation), and if the purpose of mask mandates is ultimately to save lives (a line which I've heard at least a thousand times on TV/radio over the past year), then that bursts the door wide open for all kinds of human behavior to be similarly curtailed. How is alcohol consumption any different?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:39 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:34 pm
Where's the straw man? The underlying premise of all of these arguments is what is the threshold for government intervention when it comes to saving lives? If the argument is that EVERYONE has to wear a mask because as a practical matter we can't pick and choose who gets to wear one and who doesn't (and trust that people are following the correct guidelines for their particular situation), and if the purpose of mask mandates is ultimately to save lives (a line which I've heard at least a thousand times on TV/radio over the past year), then that bursts the door wide open for all kinds of human behavior to be similarly curtailed. How is alcohol consumption any different?
We banned it outright once.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic