Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dr. Seuss books are racist

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Dr. Seuss books are racist

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:10 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:18 pm
Fox is focusing on culture wars. Why? Because if you’re Fox your boy just got trounced. And you’ve lost the House, Senate, plus The White House!

So you must instead focus on some culture war thing to fill your time. You don’t have a serious issue to report on and talk about that makes Republicans look good, or the Fox audience feel good. So - ignore - and fall back on culture crap.

Culture wars WILL fill the time. Everything from Dr. Seuss books - to The War on Christmas.

Sheesh!
It worked in 2004. They put same sex marriage on the ballot, and the funnymentals lost their shit.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:20 pm

This isn't in and of itself a biggie. But, when taken in the greater overall scheme of things, there seems to be a concerted effort by folks on the far left to eliminate anything that MIGHT be offensive to SOMEONE. Cancel our history. Cancel our heritage. Cancel our culture.

I just don't see where the right to not be offended exists except in the cancel culture mind.

Watch this video. Is this some racist bitch?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:20 pm
This isn't in and of itself a biggie. But, when taken in the greater overall scheme of things, there seems to be a concerted effort by folks on the far left to eliminate anything that MIGHT be offensive to SOMEONE. Cancel our history. Cancel our heritage. Cancel our culture.

I just don't see where the right to not be offended exists except in the cancel culture mind.

Hmmm... what’s missing? Maybe a reference to the 6 specific low selling books? They aren’t banning Seuss entirely. Just not publishing the 6 books. Nobody has a problem with Seuss in general.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:40 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:13 pm
Bryce wrote:

Hmmm... what’s missing? Maybe a reference to the 6 specific low selling books? They aren’t banning Seuss entirely. Just not publishing the 6 books. Nobody has a problem with Seuss in general.
So six incidents viewed as racist doesn't color the person racist in general?

So, if I only call someone the N word six times in my life, I'd get a pass?

Tis a pretty slippery slope when we decide which books to burn isn't it?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:40 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:13 pm
Bryce wrote:

So six incidents viewed as racist doesn't color the person racist in general?

So, if I only call someone the N word six times in my life, I'd get a pass?

Tis a pretty slippery slope when we decide which books to burn isn't it?
So you are saying that a company cannot decide to discontinue its own products for whatever reason it sees fit? They decided the images in their product were not suitable for publication anymore. Period. They have that right. I love how conservatives whine about principles being so important right up until they get in the way. Then they throw those right out the window and decry them.

Bryce likes a specific kind of gun. Oh wait the gun maker found out and is now going to stop making it. Tough shit. You can snowflake out and pout if you like but they have the right to do that. ANY REASON. FREE MARKET.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:56 pm

Florida Mom Arrested After Cocaine Was Found On Son’s Dr. Seuss Book

A Florida mother has found herself in trouble after a line of cocaine was found on top of her son’s Dr. Suess book, “The Cat in the Hat.”

24-year-old Casey Quoka was busted earlier this week after cops discovered drugs in her three-year-old son’s reach.

While cops were searching Quoka’s home, cocaine was not the only drug found in her possession.

According to the New York Post, weed was found on her bed, the cocaine was found with a snorting straw next to it, and ecstasy was found hidden in her nightstand.

An arrest report, obtained by the Post, claims that the three-year-old boy “‘had access to … the bedroom’, and all of the drugs were within the child’s reach.”

Quoka is facing child neglect charges and was released on Thursday after paying a $4,000 bond, MSN reported.

In addition to her child neglect charges, the Applebee’s bartender is being accused of “leaving her son with “significant bruising” as a result of corporal punishment.”
https://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/ ... euss-book/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic