Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Will Trump Become Rush's Permanent Guest Host If He Doesn't Run?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Will Trump Become Rush's Permanent Guest Host If He Doesn't Run?

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:09 am

If he doesn't run, he is free to take over daily talk show duties on the Excellence In Broadcasting Network.

You Leftists may come to regret it if he doesn't run. Leftist heads would explode. If they reinstitute the Fairness Doctrine, Trump could always use shortwave from a Trump friendly nation like Israel, and save the shortwave bands, like Rush did for the AM Broadcast Band. Or just do 24/7 live internet broadcast shows, Don Sr., Don Jr., and others sharing host duties, like on a long continental automobile drive.

Be careful what you wish for. The more things you seek to control, the more things get out of control in other areas.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Rate This

Re: Will Trump Become Rush's Permanent Guest Host If He Doesn't Run?

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:12 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:09 am
If he doesn't run, he is free to take over daily talk show duties on the Excellence In Broadcasting Network.

You Leftists may come to regret it if he doesn't run. Leftist heads would explode. If they reinstitute the Fairness Doctrine, Trump could always use shortwave from a Trump friendly nation like Israel, and save the shortwave bands, like Rush did for the AM Broadcast Band. Or just do 24/7 live internet broadcast shows, Don Sr., Don Jr., and others sharing host duties, like on a long continental automobile drive.

Be careful what you wish for. The more things you seek to control, the more things get out of control in other areas.
Trump doesn’t have to ability to speak concisely into a microphone as a host. He has the ability to give a prepared speech and then go off topic playing to a crowd as well as the ability to be interviewed in a spectacle. People would quickly bore of three hours of the what would likely be some of the worst radio ever aired. And this isn’t a political opinion, I just don’t think the guy has any talent for it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:25 am

Let me expand on Rate This comments, which I agree with 100 percent. He would have issues with the can and cannot say on air, the FCC still has rules, he would not want to make that kind of daily commitment and lastly and more importantly, stations would fee the affiliate list faster than fleas off a dead dog for fear of pissing off local advertisers. My choices to take over would be Mark Levin or Bill Cunningham from WLW who is nationwide Sunday nights.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:25 am
Let me expand on Rate This comments, which I agree with 100 percent. He would have issues with the can and cannot say on air, the FCC still has rules, he would not want to make that kind of daily commitment and lastly and more importantly, stations would fee the affiliate list faster than fleas off a dead dog for fear of pissing off local advertisers. My choices to take over would be Mark Levin or Bill Cunningham from WLW who is nationwide Sunday nights.
Not if the SW transmitter is licensed to another country. And I don't think the Tech Dictators could control the internet that much overseas.
Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:26 am

I don't know why such speculation keeps coming up. Trump will NOT take on a daily radio gig. Period. I could MAYBE see him filling in as a guest host once in a while, but there's no way on this earth that (A) he's interested in such a gig, (B) that he's capable of taking on such a gig, and (C) that he'd pull in ratings for any length of time. Radio is not Trump's thing. End of story.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:27 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 am
zzand wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:25 am
Not if the SW transmitter is licensed to another country. And I don't think the Tech Dictators could control the internet that much overseas.
Nobody is going to go to all that trouble and no reputable radio company will touch such an arrangement with a 10 foot pole. Forget it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am

Wow you really think that shortwave is the way to go? you are misguided to say the least and yes, big tech could block the internet signal from being heard in this country unless lots of money was spent to set up everything in house and not rely on anyone else. And from the looks of it Trump is going to need his money for court cases for a few years. Advertisers won't be eager to spend money on shortwave or online shows.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic