Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The "No Glory for Hate Act"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: The "No Glory for Hate Act"

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:03 am
And I'll say it again because it bears worth mentioning - there is NOTHING magical about having been impeached. Even with an arrest for a crime of a private citizen, there at least needs to be probable cause. For an impeachment you need NOTHING other than a majority vote from the House. You don't need probable cause. You don't need evidence. You don't need ANYTHING. To strip a former President of things he's otherwise entitled to by law (the 1958 law I cited in the OP) based solely on having been impeached is a dangerous precedent to set.
Congress sets and can take away the perks that they get.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:07 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:37 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:03 am
And I'll say it again because it bears worth mentioning - there is NOTHING magical about having been impeached. Even with an arrest for a crime of a private citizen, there at least needs to be probable cause. For an impeachment you need NOTHING other than a majority vote from the House. You don't need probable cause. You don't need evidence. You don't need ANYTHING. To strip a former President of things he's otherwise entitled to by law (the 1958 law I cited in the OP) based solely on having been impeached is a dangerous precedent to set.
Congress sets and can take away the perks that they get.
So why not call it what it is...

"The We Hate Trump And Are Going To Fuck With Him Act?"
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:16 pm

Hey Bryce,

I don't seem to recall you saying anything when Trump tried to put this piece of crap into an executive order. This basically condones racism in corporate America.

Sometimes legislation isn't fair, but the one I read above seems extremely just. Both certainly try to control speech.
There are two immediate action items for government contractors and subcontractors under the executive order:

Within 60 days—by November 21, 2020—covered contractors must include in government contracts, new language that limits the content of diversity and inclusion trainings and requires a notice be posted in the workplace and sent to each labor union regarding this executive order, unless the contractor is exempt by section 204 of Executive Order 11246.
Review planned trainings on equal employment opportunity, anti-harassment/anti-discrimination, and diversity and inclusion to confirm whether, as drafted, they may run afoul of the executive order.
Anti-harassment, anti-discrimination and diversity and inclusion training are not prohibited by the executive order and employers are still required to comply with their obligations under Title VII, Executive Order 11246, and analogous state and local laws. We strongly recommend that government contractors continue trainings to promote compliance with their legal obligations. However, President Trump has charged OFCCP to establish a hotline and investigate complaints alleging that a government contractor is providing trainings in violation of this executive order. OFCCP is also required to publish within 30 days in the Federal Register a request for information regarding the government contractor’s training, workshops or similar programming provided to employees. We therefore recommend reviewing any planned trainings with legal counsel to minimize the risk of standard trainings being deemed to run afoul of the new executive order.

While the violators of the executive order may be subject to contract suspension or termination and the contractor may be subject to suspension or debarment, we anticipate the executive order being challenged based on potential inconsistencies with equal employment opportunity, anti-discrimination/harassment, affirmative action and even free speech laws.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:16 pm
Hey Bryce,

I don't seem to recall you saying anything when Trump tried to put this piece of crap into an executive order. This basically condones racism in corporate America.

Sometimes legislation isn't fair, but the one I read above seems extremely just. Both certainly try to control speech.
There are two immediate action items for government contractors and subcontractors under the executive order:

Within 60 days—by November 21, 2020—covered contractors must include in government contracts, new language that limits the content of diversity and inclusion trainings and requires a notice be posted in the workplace and sent to each labor union regarding this executive order, unless the contractor is exempt by section 204 of Executive Order 11246.
Review planned trainings on equal employment opportunity, anti-harassment/anti-discrimination, and diversity and inclusion to confirm whether, as drafted, they may run afoul of the executive order.
Anti-harassment, anti-discrimination and diversity and inclusion training are not prohibited by the executive order and employers are still required to comply with their obligations under Title VII, Executive Order 11246, and analogous state and local laws. We strongly recommend that government contractors continue trainings to promote compliance with their legal obligations. However, President Trump has charged OFCCP to establish a hotline and investigate complaints alleging that a government contractor is providing trainings in violation of this executive order. OFCCP is also required to publish within 30 days in the Federal Register a request for information regarding the government contractor’s training, workshops or similar programming provided to employees. We therefore recommend reviewing any planned trainings with legal counsel to minimize the risk of standard trainings being deemed to run afoul of the new executive order.

While the violators of the executive order may be subject to contract suspension or termination and the contractor may be subject to suspension or debarment, we anticipate the executive order being challenged based on potential inconsistencies with equal employment opportunity, anti-discrimination/harassment, affirmative action and even free speech laws.
The Bring Back Fred Flintstone Executive Order.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Actually the free market has done a better job than Congress is able in terms of disappearing the Trump name from any and all things. Not a lot of commercial, residential or consumer goods clamoring to slap the Trump name and brand on their products... *poof*

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:17 pm

I think his name was in the news for two cycles during the impeachment and now he's back to obscurity.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic