Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The "No Glory for Hate Act"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

The "No Glory for Hate Act"

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:36 pm

Here's something not getting much media attention:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... t?r=12&s=1

Here are the highlights:

-No Federal funds may be used to create or display any symbol, monument, or statue commemorating any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives.

-No Federal funds may be used to name, designate, or redesignate a Federal building or Federal land after, or in commemoration of, any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives

-Any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives...is not entitled to receive any benefit, other than Secret Service protection, under..."The Former Presidents Act of 1958", including retirement, clerical assistants, and free mailing privileges.

-Any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives is Ineligible to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

----------------------------------

These House Democrats are deranged; there is no other explanation than Trump Derangement Syndrome for this proposal. Do they seriously not have better things to do in the House?

And by the way, what is so magical about the number 2 - about being TWICE impeached? And for that matter, what is so magical about being impeached anyways? If one is acquitted both times, how does this not amount to a violation of a former President's due process rights?

This is like losing rights and privileges for merely being arrested, even if you are ultimately acquitted of a crime.

Rate This

Re: The "No Glory for Hate Act"

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:02 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:36 pm
Here's something not getting much media attention:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... t?r=12&s=1

Here are the highlights:

-No Federal funds may be used to create or display any symbol, monument, or statue commemorating any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives.

-No Federal funds may be used to name, designate, or redesignate a Federal building or Federal land after, or in commemoration of, any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives

-Any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives...is not entitled to receive any benefit, other than Secret Service protection, under..."The Former Presidents Act of 1958", including retirement, clerical assistants, and free mailing privileges.

-Any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives is Ineligible to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

----------------------------------

These House Democrats are deranged; there is no other explanation than Trump Derangement Syndrome for this proposal. Do they seriously not have better things to do in the House?

And by the way, what is so magical about the number 2 - about being TWICE impeached? And for that matter, what is so magical about being impeached anyways? If one is acquitted both times, how does this not amount to a violation of a former President's due process rights?

This is like losing rights and privileges for merely being arrested, even if you are ultimately acquitted of a crime.
Once again for the slow folks in the audience... the house impeaches and the senate acquits or convicts. So regardless of acquittal or conviction they remain impeached forever.

Bizarre bills are proposed on both sides every session. This is just another one to add to the list. Congress does have the power to strip him of these protections by the way.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:33 am

I have a honest question here. I have stated many times I am not a Trump fan and didn't vote for him either time. Why are the Democrats afraid of him running again? If they are so sure he is done, leave him be. The lawsuits have started, he will be tangled up in the legal system for years and too busy to run again. Like it or not he served a full term and is entitled to whatever former president's get. I get the "two times" thing, if this ignorant bill passed, President Clinton, whom I did vote for, would be affected by it too since he was successfully impeached. Besides President Biden has stated he is tired of the whole Trump thing and has moved on so it would die on his desk.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:41 am

I never said he was done. I am afraid of him and that he can win again. If he can be healthy in 2024, he will run again. His ego loves it, and his base has literally shown they would and have died for him.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:48 am

I don't think he would win. There are enough Republicans like me that aren't part of the cult that could swing the vote. I think part of the Biden win was voters like myself. I voted third party which hurt Trump more than Biden. I know many Republicans who went for Biden or third party because Trump is not what we think our party should be.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:34 am

Trump is a five time draft dodger. Were he buried at Arlington it would cheapen the honor of burial at Arlington - which our nation’s military heroes earned and deserve.

Plus Trump invented, invited, and incited the shameful, deadly, treasonous insurrection against The United States of America, her Constitution, and the democratic will of the American people who elected Joseph R. Biden as 46th President of The United States of America.

Plenty of US presidents have had extra marital sexual affairs in The White House which has not prevented them from being buried at Arlington. War hero John F. Kennedy comes to mind. They were cheaters on their wives. Not traitors to their country.

Capitol police officer and veteran Brian Sicknick is now buried at Arlington after lying in honor at the Capitol - which he defended with his life January 6th - against the traitors and their cowardly leader - Colonel Bone Spurs - as Senator and war hero Tammy Duckworth - so fittingly calls Donald Trump.

I hope that bill becomes law. No glory for hate.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:55 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:34 am
So you're fine with punishing someone who was twice acquitted?

Would it be fair, in your opinion, to let's say, take away a random citizen's government benefits for having twice in his/her lifetime being arrested but acquitted for any unnamed crime?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:03 am

And I'll say it again because it bears worth mentioning - there is NOTHING magical about having been impeached. Even with an arrest for a crime of a private citizen, there at least needs to be probable cause. For an impeachment you need NOTHING other than a majority vote from the House. You don't need probable cause. You don't need evidence. You don't need ANYTHING. To strip a former President of things he's otherwise entitled to by law (the 1958 law I cited in the OP) based solely on having been impeached is a dangerous precedent to set.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:22 am

The whole narrative about the events of January 6 is falling apart. No one was murdered except Ashli Babbitt, and she was murdered by Capitol Police.

But the longer Trump lives rent free in the minds of these Crazy Leftists in Congress, the less time they have to destroy the United States.

They had to say twice, because Bill Clinton was impeached. But since the bar has been set so low for impeachment, when the Republicans take over in the House next year, they can impeach Bill once and Hillary twice as their first order of business in 2023.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:30 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:22 am
The whole narrative about the events of January 6 is falling apart. No one was murdered except Ashli Babbitt, and she was murdered by Capitol Police.

Just a nice, friendly get together at the Capitol. No harm done. Boys will be boys.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:45 am

I still don't know why a Canadian Citizen is so interested in the Politics of the US.

I seriously wonder if he is a Communist agent. Like Turkeytop, Communist agents never admit they are Communists.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:03 am

This really would put the Democrats in a conundrum.

What is he runs again and wins? They will not be able to impeach him for a third time, else the penalties in this bill would not apply, as he would not be impeached twice, but thrice!!

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:06 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:45 am
I still don't know why a Canadian Citizen is so interested in the Politics of the US.

I seriously wonder if he is a Communist agent. Like Turkeytop, Communist agents never admit they are Communists.
You clearly don't know many Canadians, especially any that opt to spend their time and money in the states like Turkeytop does.

Besides, why in the world does it matter to you what he cares about - especially on a message board?? He's not demanding to vote in the USA.

His opinion matters equally to everyone else's that chooses to be part of this community. I love that he is a threat to you.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:09 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:45 am

The whole world has been watching. We didn't realize it was politics. We thought it was just a bloody riot.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:55 am
screen glare wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:34 am
So you're fine with punishing someone who was twice acquitted?

Would it be fair, in your opinion, to let's say, take away a random citizen's government benefits for having twice in his/her lifetime being arrested but acquitted for any unnamed crime?
That’s not how that works. It’s that he’s been twice impeached. The conviction is a completely separate issue that involves a completely different group of people. This is not a criminal trial.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic