Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

When the going gets tough...head to Cancun, baby!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
jadednihilist

Re: When the going gets tough...head to Cancun, baby!

Post by jadednihilist » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 pm

This is really dumb politics for a state that's trending purple. Typically midterm elections are a referendum on the President, but the GOP is giving Democrats a lot of leverage in framing the 2022 midterms as yet another referendum on Trumpism/current GOP politics.

A lot will happen between now and 2022, but the GOP has to find a platform and a message if they want to avoid further Democratic gains. The response to this disaster in Texas is a blunder that can could carry over into 2022.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:25 pm

Politicians like Cruz have friends in the energy business, and it shows. There is a run on gas, food, water, propane, and people are literally freezing to death. People are sheltering in their cars, dealing with pipes bursting, and having all their food spoil. But people like audio and Cruz just shrug off all the suffering.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:11 am

The son-of-a-bitch even left his dog home alone during his Cancun trip: https://nypost.com/2021/02/19/ted-cruz- ... ip-report/

Dog's name is........wait for it.........you CANNOT make this shit up..........Snowflake.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:23 am

...and then this stupid mother fucker has to chime in. This cocksucking elephant killer doesn't even know the Governor of Texas is a Republican.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:37 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:23 am
...and then this stupid mother fucker has to chime in. This cocksucking elephant killer doesn't even know the Governor of Texas is a Republican.

He wants to be president too someday. If daddy doesn’t run in 24 you can bet this imbecile will.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:46 am

Talk about people making a mountain out of a mole hill. Was he gone even 24 hours? Sure, it looks bad politically (I'm thinking back to Chris Christie on his private beach when the beaches were closed to the public), but at the end of the day, who the hell cares?

disclaimer - I'm not a Ted Cruz fan; never have been.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:54 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:46 am
Talk about people making a mountain out of a mole hill. Was he gone even 24 hours? Sure, it looks bad politically (I'm thinking back to Chris Christie on his private beach when the beaches were closed to the public), but at the end of the day, who the hell cares?

You really don't see how out-of-touch this is?!? How uncaring it looks to the people of Texas?

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:19 pm

The president has to offer fed help to the state, any state, so he couldn't have done all that much. Agreed it was a dumb ass move and never have liked him but this has been blown way up. Biden did what had to be done and that is how it works.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:36 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:19 pm
The president has to offer fed help to the state, any state, so he couldn't have done all that much. Agreed it was a dumb ass move and never have liked him but this has been blown way up. Biden did what had to be done and that is how it works.
It’s all about images though and a guy saying “gee it’s cold, I’ll go to Cancun, see ya suckers!” Is not a good image.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:23 am

That tweet kind of blows the theory that Eric is the stupid one..

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:27 pm

zz, bmw, audio: "Nothing to see here"

Houston Chronicle: Calls for Cruz to resign.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:45 pm

Cruz is just a scapegoat whom the left turned their anger upon to divert attention from the criticism of alternative energy. Nothing more.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:54 am
bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:46 am

You really don't see how out-of-touch this is?!? How uncaring it looks to the people of Texas?
You must have missed the part where I said I'm not fan of Cruz and where I said it looks bad politically, comparing it to Chris Christie. No doubt a political blunder. But for the Houston Chronicle to call for his RESIGNATION over this? LOL :lol

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:56 pm

I agree that the calls for Cruz to resign are absurd.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:27 pm
zz, bmw, audio: "Nothing to see here"

Houston Chronicle: Calls for Cruz to resign.
First off, I agree with BMW that this is a Chris Christie type blunder.

Having said that, let's not point to a paper that endorsed Beto in 2018 as a neutral party: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinio ... 320986.php

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic