Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rush Limbaugh Dies

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Rush Limbaugh Dies

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:34 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:15 pm
I’ll take it from that poster a few months ago... say something to rile up your audience and then switch off the mic and snicker about how much that’ll get them going. It’s as sleazy and unprincipled as it gets. Good for his bottom line but how much of it he really believed is open for debate.
To be clear, I didn't always agree with him politically. I think he was unfair to Mike Huckabee's candidacy in 2008. I think he was wrong about global warming not existing. But as to Rush himself, I don't think he was a fraud; I think he believed every word that came out of his mouth.
There’s a sucker born every minute... here comes one now.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:04 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:57 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 pm
fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:44 pm
Limbaugh is barely room temperature, and the far lefties here, you know those who preach how loving and tolerant they are, are celebrating. Absolutely vile and disgusting. He’s wasn’t Charles Manson. I didn’t agree with everything he said, but I appreciated his entertainment and appreciate how he spoke his mind even when it wasn’t phrased the best way. The guy loved radio. He was a major fan of the AM Top40 heyday.

TC Talks, you are an absolute jerk for posting your hatred just minutes after he died. You are evil and a bitter man.
What does that even mean? Did you find his mocking of disabled people entertaining as in funny? How did it bring you joy? Exactly what thrill did you get when he was making fun of people with AIDS? Poor people? Women and minorities? So you appreciate folks speaking their mind? How about this? You're a sick fuck for finding any of his act valuable in terms of entertainment. Even worse, for giving a broadcaster who should know better a free pass even when it wasn’t phrased the best way.
Howard Stern does (or did) the exact same thing. I’m sure others have too. Do you wish for their deaths?
When did I say I agreed with everything he said? Did you not read my first comment?
You know, I actually do believe you think Stern was doing the exact same thing as Limbaugh and that speaks volumes. By the way, I never wished for anyone's death, so get that right fuckup.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:04 pm
fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:57 pm
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 pm
fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:44 pm
Limbaugh is barely room temperature, and the far lefties here, you know those who preach how loving and tolerant they are, are celebrating. Absolutely vile and disgusting. He’s wasn’t Charles Manson. I didn’t agree with everything he said, but I appreciated his entertainment and appreciate how he spoke his mind even when it wasn’t phrased the best way. The guy loved radio. He was a major fan of the AM Top40 heyday.

TC Talks, you are an absolute jerk for posting your hatred just minutes after he died. You are evil and a bitter man.
What does that even mean? Did you find his mocking of disabled people entertaining as in funny? How did it bring you joy? Exactly what thrill did you get when he was making fun of people with AIDS? Poor people? Women and minorities? So you appreciate folks speaking their mind? How about this? You're a sick fuck for finding any of his act valuable in terms of entertainment. Even worse, for giving a broadcaster who should know better a free pass even when it wasn’t phrased the best way.
Howard Stern does (or did) the exact same thing. I’m sure others have too. Do you wish for their deaths?
When did I say I agreed with everything he said? Did you not read my first comment?
You know, I actually do believe you think Stern was doing the exact same thing as Limbaugh and that speaks volumes. By the way, I never wished for anyone's death, so get that right fuckup.
More love and tolerance from the far left. When you have to use profanity for name calling, that says something about your character

(odds are you will shortly post another attack on me.)

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Other than the purposefully chosen topic material, Stern and Limbaugh were doing the same thing: pandering
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:13 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:08 pm
Other than the purposefully chosen topic material, Stern and Limbaugh were doing the same thing: pandering
Perhaps but only one played it as blood sport and didn't care about the carnage left in the wake.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:20 pm

True enough. Neither cared about the damage left behind, but you are correct that Limbaugh's damage was a lot more personal for many more.

Here's the thing though - it only became damaging when people stopped thinking of it as radio theater and made what these guys said something that actually mattered to them.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 pm

To those of you who disliked Mr. Limbaugh, I'm curious how much you ever actually listened to his show? Is your dislike of him based on things reported elsewhere, or is it based first-hand on listening to him live?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 pm

I would listen to him occasionally, usually because I got in my car and the station was on, could take a few minutes and turned him off.

Not sure what your point is...do you watch Rachel Maddow for an hour a day?
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:00 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 pm
I would listen to him occasionally, usually because I got in my car and the station was on, could take a few minutes and turned him off.

I think the difference is that if that young man met his demise, most on the right wouldn't be celebrating.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:02 pm

That's because Rachel Maddow isn't a piece of shit. And you must not be on Facebook with these wacko nutjob conservatives. They'd have 500 memes the second they heard she was sick.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:02 pm
That's because Rachel Maddow isn't a piece of shit. And you must not be on Facebook with these wacko nutjob conservatives. They'd have 500 memes the second they heard she was sick.
She?

In all fairness, neither of them is/was a piece of shit. They are/were polarizing figures. Why is the hate necessary?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:09 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 pm
To those of you who disliked Mr. Limbaugh, I'm curious how much you ever actually listened to his show? Is your dislike of him based on things reported elsewhere, or is it based first-hand on listening to him live?
Is the implication that those of us that found him abhorrent didn't listen enough to give him a fair shake? To answer your question, I listened enough to know I didn't like the taste of rat poison, knew it was not heathy so I declined to taste anymore of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:14 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:00 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 pm

I think the difference is that if that young man met his demise, most on the right wouldn't be celebrating.
Well, she's a woman, so you are showing your
lack of class and acceptance in one simple, dumb statement. And of course, we indeed WOULD be hearing celebratory homophobic comments from the right as stupid as yours.

And besides being a pile of human garbage, Rush died of lung cancer. Because he smoked. He killed himself, essentially. No sympathy here, sorry.
Last edited by Honeyman on Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:14 pm

BMW tends to grasp at straws when he knows he has lost an argument.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 pm
I listened to him on occasion but as he got more and more out there in lala land it became increasingly hard to do so. He really started phoning in his points without even trying the last decade or so.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic