Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

If not blocked from running again, does Trump run?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: If not blocked from running again, does Trump run?

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:14 am

kager wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:07 am
What do you think the Democrats’ number one issue of concern is? Jobs? Poverty? COVID-19? The environment? Health care?

Pfft. You’re not even close. According to Kristen Soltis Anderson, the cofounder of Echelon Insights, Democrat voters’ number one issue is none of those issues. Nor is it police brutality or LGBT issues. In fact, the number one issue for Democrat voters isn’t even a public policy issue at all. Democrat voters are more concerned about “Donald Trump’s supporters” than anything else.

I kid you not. According to their survey, a stunning 82 percent of Democratic voters are Extremely/Very Concerned about “Donald Trump’s supporters.”
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... s-n1428264
Run a poll of Republicans and you get things like “making Mr. Potato Head gender neutral”. Decisions like that are meaningless but they get bent out of shape about it. But it won’t cause anybody to die or threaten anybody or try to suppress anybody for its own ends. It’s simply annoying. His supporters do all of the above. I’d be scared of them too.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:21 pm

Run a poll of Republicans and you get things like “making Mr. Potato Head gender neutral”. Decisions like that are meaningless but they get bent out of shape about it. But it won’t cause anybody to die or threaten anybody or try to suppress anybody for its own ends. It’s simply annoying. His supporters do all of the above. I’d be scared of them too.
While the unrevealed poll methodology referenced in the source article looks skewed to the right (and the opinion piece definitely is), the above opinion appears to ignore and dismiss the source article altogether, as if unread. They did run a Republican poll as well...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:48 pm

kager wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:21 pm
While the unrevealed poll methodology referenced in the source article looks skewed to the right (and the opinion piece definitely is), the above opinion appears to ignore and dismiss the source article altogether, as if unread. They did run a Republican poll as well...
I was making a different point.

But if you read the Republican list of issues there are some silly ones on there too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic