Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

If not blocked from running again, does Trump run?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: If not blocked from running again, does Trump run?

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:10 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:00 am
If he keeps his eye on economic recovery biting will end up doing okay, because Trump certainly had no abilities in that regard.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:11 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:09 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:00 am
There certainly is a battle setting up between Mitch McConnell and the fragmented Trump types at the Capitol.

I'm also noticing how happy moderate Republicans are with Biden's effort to right the economy. If he keeps his eye on economic recovery biting will end up doing okay, because Trump certainly had no abilities in that regard.
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... f=1&nofb=1
What exactly is that supposed to mean?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:19 am

You're spending too much time listening to Lindsey Graham.... that idiot blows around in the wind worse than Tell Tale in a winter storm
One day after the Senate acquitted former president Donald Trump in his second impeachment trial, Republicans continued to diverge in what the future of their party should be, with a chasm widening between those who want nothing to do with the former president and those who openly embrace him. The division is playing out as Trump promises a return to politics and as both factions within the GOP vow they will prevail in the 2022 midterm elections.

Meanwhile, the backlash began against the seven Republican senators who crossed the aisle Saturday to vote with Democrats to convict Trump on a charge of incitement of insurrection. Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) planted his flag firmly in Trump’s camp Sunday, with harsh words for his Republican colleagues — including his party leader.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) voted to acquit the former president — then followed his “not guilty” vote with a lengthy floor speech about how Trump had been, in his estimation, “practically and morally responsible” for provoking the mob that overran the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

The violent siege left five people dead, including a police officer. Two other officers who helped fight the Capitol mob died by suicide in the days after, and their families want their deaths recognized as “line of duty” deaths.

Seven GOP senators vote to convict Trump; McConnell says former president is responsible for Capitol riot but votes to acquit

McConnell may have “got a load off his chest” with his floor speech, Graham said, but he had also made himself a target for pro-Trump Republicans in 2022.

“Donald Trump is the most vibrant member of the Republican Party. The Trump movement is alive and well,” Graham declared to “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace. “All I can say is that the most potent force in the Republican Party is President Trump. We need Trump.”

Graham’s full-throated defense of Trump laid bare the divisions the former president has caused within the GOP over the past four years. There are those Republicans who say they must distance themselves from Trump to survive, and those who believe doubling down on Trumpism is the only way forward. Up to this point, Graham has waffled — alternately trying to appeal to both sides — but on Sunday he made clear he would belong to the latter faction and seemed to enjoy his role as Trump champion.

“I’ve been asked by a lot of people . . . ‘Calm President Trump down, talk to him, get him to calm down.’ Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn’t. But to my Republican colleagues, this is a two-way street,” Graham said. “I’m into winning. And if you want to get something off your chest, fine. But I’m into winning.”

At times in his interview with Wallace, Graham sounded as if he were reading from a script meant for Trump. He blasted the impeachment trial as “a complete joke” and President Biden for attempting to push his “most radical agenda.”

Late-night talks and a moment of chaos: Inside the Democrats’ eleventh-hour decision to forgo impeachment witnesses

When asked about former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley’s recent decision to distance herself from Trump, after supporting him unequivocally and not speaking out against his baseless claims of election fraud, Graham said the fellow South Carolinian was “wrong.”
Washington Post

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:29 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:12 pm
I'm generally not one to make predictions on things unpredictable. The guy is going to be 75 years old this summer. There are no guarantees about how many tomorrows anybody gets. The only thing for sure is the older you get the smaller your maximum potential tomorrows become.

So here's my rarely made bold prediction....Trump won't be a factor in 2024 because he will be physically and/or mentally unable or even dead.
What do you say about Biden?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:48 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:29 am
Again not a fan of predictions and to be clear my "prediction" on Trump was bit far fetched.
But I would be surprised if Biden ran for a second term. He's probably closer to the grim reaper than Trump is.
Trump and Biden are the first two presidents ever elected over age 70 when they took office. At some point that is going to result in a bad outcome. The physical and mental demands of the job seem better suited to younger people IMO.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:23 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:48 am
audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:29 am
Again not a fan of predictions and to be clear my "prediction" on Trump was bit far fetched.
But I would be surprised if Biden ran for a second term. He's probably closer to the grim reaper than Trump is.
Trump and Biden are the first two presidents ever elected over age 70 when they took office. At some point that is going to result in a bad outcome. The physical and mental demands of the job seem better suited to younger people IMO.
Like Reagan who was 69 and had severe dementia by the time he left and Nancy was managing some things?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:38 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:23 am
Like Reagan who was 69 and had severe dementia by the time he left and Nancy was managing some things?
I was going to toss that in but did some homework instead. There no evidence he had severe dementia and very little evidence he was beginning to suffer mild dementia. There is no shortage of "film footage" of him giving speeches etc throughout his presidency and nothing pointed to severe dementia.
And he wasn't 69 when he left office he was 69 when he started, 77 when he left.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:50 pm

Even with CPAC loaded with Trumpers, he really didn't come out very well in the straw polls...

Nearly four months after he lost the 2020 election, Donald J. Trump was able to celebrate being a winner again on Sunday, after he captured the 2024 presidential straw poll of the Conservative Political Action Conference, while Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida finished first in a second 2024 straw poll covering a field of potential candidates that did not include Mr. Trump.

But in a surprise bit of downbeat news for Mr. Trump, only 68 percent of those at the conference said they wanted the former president to run again in 2024. Far more attendees, 95 percent, said they wanted the Republican Party to advance Mr. Trump’s policies and agenda than endorsed him running again, even as the mere mention of Mr. Trump’s name earned loud applause throughout the three-day gathering of activists.

The straw polls, conducted by secret ballot, reflected the views of current and former elected officials, activists, writers and others who attended the three-day conference — a group that, generally speaking, represents the far-right wing of the Republican Party and now includes a disproportionate number of Mr. Trump’s most passionate supporters.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:55 pm

He won the CPAC straw poll by an overwhelming majority. He's not going to run. Write this down, save this post. He will throw his full support behind Florida Governor Ron DeSantis who will run and win in 2024. Hopefully with Nikki Haley as VP.

Well, unless the Dem's rig that election too.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:55 pm
He won the CPAC straw poll by an overwhelming majority. He's not going to run. Write this down, save this post. He will throw his full support behind Florida Governor Ron DeSantis who will run and win in 2024. Hopefully with Nikki Haley as VP.

Well, unless the Dem's rig that election too.
I would prefer Kristi Noem.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:26 pm
I love her too, but South Dakota doesn't really bring the same amount of voters to the table as South Carolina does.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:08 pm

From what I have seen, Reagan wasn't nearly as advanced at the end of his second term as Biden apparently is now. It's sad, but they figure everyone will get some kind and degree of dementia if they live long enough. The main difference is the Democrats were talking about Reagan having Alzheimers, and seemed almost gleeful about it. Democrats seem to be ignoring Biden's. Now most Republicans are not gleeful about it, they're just scared of what is ahead with Harris Pelosi. As all Americans should be.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:05 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:26 pm
I love her too, but South Dakota doesn't really bring the same amount of voters to the table as South Carolina does.
South Carolina isn’t exactly a state you choose a VP from if the winning a specific state thing matters to you. It’s a lock no matter what. Like California.

De Santis has absolutely no chance. He’s not exactly a guy that’ll make enough of the country stand up and take notice no matter how many temper tantrums he throws. How reliable have those CPAC polls been anyways?

kager

Post by kager » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:07 am

What do you think the Democrats’ number one issue of concern is? Jobs? Poverty? COVID-19? The environment? Health care?

Pfft. You’re not even close. According to Kristen Soltis Anderson, the cofounder of Echelon Insights, Democrat voters’ number one issue is none of those issues. Nor is it police brutality or LGBT issues. In fact, the number one issue for Democrat voters isn’t even a public policy issue at all. Democrat voters are more concerned about “Donald Trump’s supporters” than anything else.

I kid you not. According to their survey, a stunning 82 percent of Democratic voters are Extremely/Very Concerned about “Donald Trump’s supporters.”
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... s-n1428264

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic