Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Scheduled for a vaccine on Saturday

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Scheduled for a vaccine on Saturday

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:36 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:06 pm
After you all get your shots, send Joe Biden over here to manage ours. It was just announced tonight that the U.S. has secured another 200 M doses

Our Bozo has managed to get us 2 M doses that he stole from third world countries Now he's begging India to let us have some of theirs. >:
You can have Joe Biden TODAY, for the nice low price of FREE.
So we can have Kamala in charge. I always knew that was your goal.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Anyone over 65 or with qualifying pre-existing conditions can go on the Rite Aid website and sign up for a vaccine appointment now... I was able to get my mom and dad both signed up today since they've been waiting weeks on the Livingston County list with no end in sight.
http://ritea.id/michigan

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:58 am

Motown322 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:31 pm
Anyone over 65 or with qualifying pre-existing conditions can go on the Rite Aid website and sign up for a vaccine appointment now... I was able to get my mom and dad both signed up today since they've been waiting weeks on the Livingston County list with no end in sight.
http://ritea.id/michigan
Meijer seems to be about 2 weeks between the time you sign up online, and your first poke. According to about a half dozen folks I know that have got it there.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:48 am

My dad got the first shot today. He only had some soreness in his arm and mild nerve pain in his foot.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:44 am

My parents have received both doses at this point; no side effects for either of them.

In view of my profession, I will be in group 1(c). The below graph says vaccinations will start for my peer group in May, although I found a separate diagram on the U-M Health System web site that said 1(c) vaccinations are likely to start sometime in April.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/coro ... 0349_7.pdf

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:37 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:44 am
I found a separate diagram on the U-M Health System web site that said 1(c) vaccinations are likely to start sometime in April.
UM has been treating every employee they have as 1A and essentially lied about it till M-Live started asking questions. They started asking questions after lots of people in Ann Arbor asked why 25-65 year old's in good health, working from home for 11 months were getting vaccinated.

When I say they lied I mean on their website they stated they were following CDC and State guidelines without mentioning how they interpreted those guidelines in a fashion few people would accept.
The issue was exasperated because UM was originally getting the vast majority of vaccines sent to Washtenaw county while the county health department was getting very few. I think the dispensing is beginning to even out. At this point the U has vaccinated all their true 1A's but many of their fake 1A's now have to wait like the rest of the unwashed masses.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:45 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:37 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
I found a separate diagram on the U-M Health System web site that said 1(c) vaccinations are likely to start sometime in April.
UM has been treating every employee they have as 1A and essentially lied about it till M-Live started asking questions. They started asking questions after lots of people in Ann Arbor asked why 25-65 year old's in good health, working from home for 11 months were getting vaccinated.

When I say they lied I mean on their website they stated they were following CDC and State guidelines without mentioning how they interpreted those guidelines in a fashion few people would accept.
The issue was exasperated because UM was originally getting the vast majority of vaccines sent to Washtenaw county while the county health department was getting very few. I think the dispensing is beginning to even out. At this point the U has vaccinated all their true 1A's but many of their fake 1A's now have to wait like the rest of the unwashed masses.
This is 100% inaccurate. That is what U-M SHOULD HAVE DONE.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:26 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:45 am
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

What did I say that was inaccurate?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:54 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:26 am
Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:45 am
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

What did I say that was inaccurate?
The University NEVER put all employees in 1A, not even all Michigan Medicine employees. Again, they SHOULD HAVE. They absolutely should have, but it did not happen.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:29 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:54 am

The University NEVER put all employees in 1A, not even all Michigan Medicine employees. Again, they SHOULD HAVE. They absolutely should have, but it did not happen.
I should have clarified all employees in any departments that generate income as in medical and dentistry for sure and maybe athletics although I'm not sure there.
But as it stands somebody working from home in the billing department for medicine or dentistry is considered 1A.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:26 am

How many U-M exclusive work-at-home 1As that got their shots are we talking about?

Tens? Hundreds? Thousands?

Do they have to go back to working in person after the two week wait for full efficacy is over?

Wellllll... la de frickin da

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:58 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:26 am
How many U-M exclusive work-at-home 1As that got their shots are we talking about?

Tens? Hundreds? Thousands?

Do they have to go back to working in person after the two week wait for full efficacy is over?
I can only speak from my small universe of first hand knowledge first hand but dozens of billers in medicine and dentistry.
In my personal knowledge for some of these working from home will be permanent only going in to an office once or twice a month.
I will say other people weighed in with similar concerns on a couple Ann Arbor Facebook groups I am in.
The noise was loud enough that M-Live started asking questions at which point the University changed their website to reflect reality rather than their politically correct propaganda.
UM is not alone in this as other hospitals have expanded the definition of 1A. Some people (tin foil hats?) suggest the expanded 1A was done so suit and tie administrators could get vaccinated even though they don't get anywhere near hospital beds.

And I will suggest if a 45 year old healthy biller who has been working from home for 11 months why not give that shot to a more vulnerable person at greater risk of contracting the disease and at greater risk of a bad outcome?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:01 pm

And to be clear I don't begrudge anyone who is offered the vaccine taking it even if they don't actually fit the current categories. I don't blame individuals but I blame system that is full of loopholes in a potentially life and death situation.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:08 pm

You first stated that all U-M employees were placed into 1A. That was never remotely true. Now we're citing FACEBOOK groups in addition to trash mlive? Vaccines should be given to people who want them instead of adding a tremendous administrative burden and throwing a monkey wrench in the distribution process.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:16 pm

The rollout on these vaccines has been a logistical nightmare... oddly enough, for the amount of shit that the city of Detroit gets they've done an outstanding job IMO in getting people vaccinated (elderly, frontline workers, etc.). My wife is a USPS mail carrier and while she doesn't work in the city of Detroit, luckily she's in the Detroit district. Made an appointment over the phone, went down to Cobo, showed her work badge with "Detroit" on it and got the shot. She had to do all of this on her own because the USPS does fuck-all in terms of COVID protocol (which is an entirely separate conversation).
I agree with what Matt said above: at this point, any vaccine that goes into someone's arm is a good thing regardless of their age. You need to get as many people vaccinated as possible right now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic