Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Scheduled for a vaccine on Saturday

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Scheduled for a vaccine on Saturday

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:35 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:33 am
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:04 pm
I have another week until I get my second shot. The first one is super easy, I am told the second one makes you feel pretty bad for a day.

Congratulations, I went through a similar process here in Michigan but once I got an appointment everything went very smoothly.
TCT: I would have let someone older than me have it first.

We are both young pups.
I totally agree, but I work with an at risk population and was asked to get it by our medical staff.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:08 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes all....was really just joking about it....but I will keep you updated about my progress and if there are any issues. Have heard that the second shot sometimes elicits some reactions. As I understand, the facility I will be getting vaccinated uses the Pfizer vaccine.

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:58 am

TC Talks wrote:
I have another week until I get my second shot. The first one is super easy, I am told the second one makes you feel pretty bad for a day.
You getting Pfizer or Moderna?
Family and friends in the medical field are saying plan to take the next day off if it's Moderna.
They are saying you'll feel bad enough to not want to do anything for a day or so.
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:04 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:58 am
TC Talks wrote:
Family and friends in the medial field are saying plan to take the next day off if it's Moderna.
They are saying you'll feel bad enough to not want to do anything for a day or so.
What is the medical reason for the second shot bringing a reaction?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:17 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:04 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Family and friends in the medial field are saying plan to take the next day off if it's Moderna.
From what I’ve heard it has to do with how much of the virus is built up in your system.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:26 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:33 am
TC Talks wrote:

Congratulations, I went through a similar process here in Michigan but once I got an appointment everything went very smoothly.
TCT: I would have let someone older than me have it first.

We are both young pups.
Why? If offered, you should get it.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:28 pm

Honeyman wrote:
The first shot primes your immune system. The second kicks it into high gear.

The more robust physical reactions seem to occur in people with a more responsive immune system to these particular vaccine formulas. Younger immune systems naturally respond quicker and more intensely.

It doesn't mean a whole lot as to the efficacy overall, just humans being human - and thus the two week "waiting period" before someone that received their 2nd shot is considered "fully protected". For some it very likely happens quicker, for others a bit slower.

I'm not much into vaccine shaming unless someone is caught purposely cutting in line. There are so many complicated scenarios involved for a lot of people under 65. Every shot in an arm is progress.

Great news for teachers today from the CDC that anyone that is fully vaccinated can avoid quarantining as long as they remain symptom-free after a possible exposure. That should really help get schools open and stay open.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:38 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:28 pm
Honeyman wrote:
The first shot primes your immune system. The second kicks it into high gear.

The more robust physical reactions seem to occur in people with a more responsive immune system to these particular vaccine formulas. Younger immune systems naturally respond quicker and more intensely.

It doesn't mean a whole lot as to the efficacy overall, just humans being human - and thus the two week "waiting period" before someone that received their 2nd shot is considered "fully protected". For some it very likely happens quicker, for others a bit slower.

I'm not much into vaccine shaming unless someone is caught purposely cutting in line. There are so many complicated scenarios involved for a lot of people under 65. Every shot in an arm is progress.

Great news for teachers today from the CDC that anyone that is fully vaccinated can avoid quarantining as long as they remain symptom-free after a possible exposure. That should really help get schools open and stay open.
That last part should get life far closer to normal once enough people are vaccinated. That’s H*** news.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm

As to after effects its certainly different for everyone.
My 76 year old brother described the day after Pfizer #2 as a mild hangover and 2 days after all was normal
My 63 year old wife had Moderna #1 last Sunday and had a very slight headache Monday along with a little soreness at the sight of the shot.
I just got a call a couple hours ago from Washtenaw County Health Department and get my first tomorrow morning.
First time in my life I've been excited about getting a shot.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:31 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I got both doses of Moderna (nurse).
The only side effect I got was soreness in my shoulder that was easily remedied by Tylenol for two days. A few of my coworkers got sick enough to need a day or two off of work, but nothing more serious than that.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:00 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm

First time in my life I've been excited about getting a shot.
Truer words were never spoken.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:10 pm

I know 3 who have had the 'both shots' and they said it's the 2nd that can effect you the most.
My 1st was just a sore at the shot location for a couple days. I'll know more about the 2nd in 10 days...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:06 pm

After you all get your shots, send Joe Biden over here to manage ours. It was just announced tonight that the U.S. has secured another 200 M doses

Our Bozo has managed to get us 2 M doses that he stole from third world countries Now he's begging India to let us have some of theirs. >:

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:36 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:06 pm
After you all get your shots, send Joe Biden over here to manage ours. It was just announced tonight that the U.S. has secured another 200 M doses

Our Bozo has managed to get us 2 M doses that he stole from third world countries Now he's begging India to let us have some of theirs. >:
You can have Joe Biden TODAY, for the nice low price of FREE.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:36 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:06 pm

You can have Joe Biden TODAY, for the nice low price of FREE.

No.

Fair is fair. You get Trudeau.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic