Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

America's Biggest Problem

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: America's Biggest Problem

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:06 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:08 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:29 am
km1125 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:58 am
Yes, like Shirley and Whitmer!!

WE should not be burdening the rest of the country with our bad decisions, just as we should not be affected by theirs
Great. Now companies can comply with 50 different rules for things. Your costs just went through the roof.
To me, that's the beautiful thing about our system of government. If I don't like the way the state I live in is governed, I am free to move to a state that I like. Just like the thousands of people that have left the states of California and New York because of their high taxation and over regulation.

Companies are free to decide not to do business in any state that has rules that will drive costs up. Much like Kroger, who decided to close stores in a city that demanded they give workers a four to five dollar per hour raise. They decided that didn't work for them. They closed the store.
It merely sped up an action that was already in the works. The stores were not profitable anyways.

The problem is that companies aren’t going to make 50 different emissions standard cars for each states individual rules. They’ll make it to the strongest standard so that they can streamline to focus on one product. If a state decrees zero emissions in 5 years that’ll be a problem for the guy in oil loving Oklahoma too. State by state rules are inefficient and counterproductive.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:06 pm
It merely sped up an action that was already in the works. The stores were not profitable anyways.

The problem is that companies aren’t going to make 50 different emissions standard cars for each states individual rules. They’ll make it to the strongest standard so that they can streamline to focus on one product. If a state decrees zero emissions in 5 years that’ll be a problem for the guy in oil loving Oklahoma too. State by state rules are inefficient and counterproductive.
For decades CA had different emissions rules for vehicles. Manufacturer produced two variants to satisfy this requirement, while not burdening the rest of their buyers. Some other states joined CA, but eventually when the technology improved they were able to produce a "50 state" version (of course, with some encouragement of the EPA). Again, there would never be a need to have 50 different standards, but may be a couple given the different geography around the country. AK certainly doesn't need the same standards as CA, and could leverage the improvements in fuel economy and reliability for their citizenry

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:16 pm

And the CA versions of those cars ran like krap.

CA learned that was a bad idea,
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic