Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fox cancels psycho Trump nut Lou Dobbs

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Fox cancels psycho Trump nut Lou Dobbs

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:51 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Fox cancels psycho Trump nut Lou Dobbs

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Can the "Money Honey" be far behind?

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:02 pm

I think Fox is completely shitting their pants over this Smartmatic (and the inevitable Dominion) lawsuit... Bartiromo and Judge Jeannine might wanna get those resumes updated.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 am

I think about 30 people watch Fox Business Network.

Isn't it usually ranked around 80th or 85th among all television networks in the U.S. ?

Fox seems to use it as a dumping ground for talent not good enough to appear on the mothership network, Fox News Channel.

I'm not a big fan of CNBC, either. They provide far too much airtime to market manipulators who make appearances to spread bullshit. Although I wouldn't necessarily place Jim Cramer in the willful bullshit spreader category, his buy / sell stock recommendations (many of which are likely based on minimal research) literally have the accuracy of a coin toss.

Motley Fool far and away is the best stock recommendation source going for long investors.

Steer extremely clear of Zack's; they are total garbage when it comes to stock picks. (They may or may not be OK for ETFs and mutual funds; I haven't done enough reconnaissance to make a judgment on that.)
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:28 am

Actually Fox Business Network saw a significant increase in viewership in 2020, with viewership up 32% compared to 2019. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... ay-Viewers

Lou Dobbs was the highest-rated program on the network, bringing in 305,000 nightly viewers at the 5 PM time slot (33 percent higher than CNBC), and if I'm reading the article correctly, even higher numbers during the 7:00 PM rerun at 317,000.

Given his ratings at key time slots on a network whose ratings have been sharply rising, this is a HIGHLY surprising move. I will speculate that something must have went terribly wrong during a private meeting between him and network executives.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:00 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:28 am
Actually Fox Business Network saw a significant increase in viewership in 2020, with viewership up 32% compared to 2019. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... ay-Viewers

Lou Dobbs was the highest-rated program on the network, bringing in 305,000 nightly viewers at the 5 PM time slot (33 percent higher than CNBC), and if I'm reading the article correctly, even higher numbers during the 7:00 PM rerun at 317,000.

Given his ratings at key time slots on a network whose ratings have been sharply rising, this is a HIGHLY surprising move. I will speculate that something must have went terribly wrong during a private meeting between him and network executives.
It’s the lawsuit by Smartmatic which is a slam dunk of a case apparently. Bartitomo and Pirro probably aren’t too far behind Dobbs.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:31 pm

I'm not a big fan of CNBC, either. They provide far too much airtime to market manipulators who make appearances to spread bullshit. Although I wouldn't necessarily place Jim Cramer in the willful bullshit spreader category, his buy / sell stock recommendations (many of which are likely based on minimal research) literally have the accuracy of a coin toss.
I gave up on CNBC after they completely missed the subprime mortgage crisis in 2008/09. The situation was out of control well before CNBC started putting the pieces together and figured out the biggest financial story in decades was on their doorstep and they hadn't even noticed.

As for Cramer, The man is a joke who I'll start taking seriously the day my own not inexpensive financial advisors start spicing up their quarterly presentations to me with a sound effects board. AH-OOO-GAH !!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:58 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 am
I think about 30 people watch Fox Business Network.

Isn't it usually ranked around 80th or 85th among all television networks in the U.S. ?

Fox seems to use it as a dumping ground for talent not good enough to appear on the mothership network, Fox News Channel.

Motley Fool far and away is the best stock recommendation source going for long investors.

Steer extremely clear of Zack's; they are total garbage when it comes to stock picks. (They may or may not be OK for ETFs and mutual funds; I haven't done enough reconnaissance to make a judgment on that.)
My dad watches FNB all the time.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:31 pm
I gave up on CNBC after they completely missed the subprime mortgage crisis in 2008/09. The situation was out of control well before CNBC started putting the pieces together and figured out the biggest financial story in decades was on their doorstep and they hadn't even noticed.

As for Cramer, The man is a joke who I'll start taking seriously the day my own not inexpensive financial advisors start spicing up their quarterly presentations to me with a sound effects board. AH-OOO-GAH !!!
Yep. The crisis was well underway in 2007 when I was interning at Allied Home Mortgage. The Countrywide rep. came in and was practically crying.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:54 pm

I watch CNBC quite a bit and it's not bad for business news. Most of the anchors and reporters are decent.

Mad Money can be fun to watch sometimes. I know Jim in the past was criticized for stock picks, but I don't expect his picks to be perfect 100% of the time.

I'm betting Bloomberg TV probably doesn't have a whole lot of viewers.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:07 am

So when’s that reeking Jeannine gal getting the corporate ax? Trump pardoned her ex. Bet Fox won’t pardon her.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:56 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:54 pm
In raw numbers, yeah, you're probably right but in terms of tasty demographics the folks that are tuned in represent USDA Prime beef. The crème de la crème of high net worth US and global business and political movers and shakers. Their audience isn't taking investment advice from screech monkey's like Cramer or Bartiromo.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:58 pm

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:56 pm
In raw numbers, yeah, you're probably right but in terms of tasty demographics the folks that are tuned in represent USDA Prime beef. The crème de la crème of high net worth US and global business and political movers and shakers. Their audience isn't taking investment advice from screech monkey's like Cramer or Bartiromo.
So, doesn't soung like a working class channel. Just for the middle class, I guess.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:21 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:58 pm
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:56 pm
So, doesn't soung like a working class channel. Just for the middle class, I guess.
If there's any generalizations to be made with respect to what audience Bloomberg is targeting, I guess it might be that it doesn't appear to be part of their business model to act as a primer to the world of investing. Their broadcasts seem to rely on conveying information rather than hyping it. To my mind that isn't a class issue. There's nothing preventing working, middle or whatever class from gaining insights from their programming. That's the viewers choice and prerogative. That some gravitate to carnival barkers and bitter old hacks like Dobbs is less a indictment of class than it is one of personal discernment.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:23 pm

I'm not much of a TV wacher, but when I'm in Florida, I usually. listen to either NPR or Bloomberg radio.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic