Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: The Impeachment

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:38 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:09 pm
Agreed.

In a country of precedents, this situation is VERY interesting to me.

Setting the precedent that we just look the other way at the end of any Federal term is a dangerous one. We currently don’t have a way, beyond the impeachment process, to determine what’s considered a serious crime or what’s considered a really, really, really serious crime. If Trump isn’t subjected to this test, it sets a dangerous precedent.

What’s the line for you? For someone else? For someone else? The ambiguity is more dangerous than anything else.
There are any number of options in place to try citizens for the, pardon the pun, trumped up charges, Trump is accused of. The main reason these aren't being considered is because they would be laughed out of court.
Are you even aware that impeachment is not a legal proceeding?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:14 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 pm
Bryce wrote:
Robert Faygo wrote:
Agreed.

Setting the precedent that we just look the other way at the end of any Federal term is a dangerous one. We currently don’t have a way, beyond the impeachment process, to determine what’s considered a serious crime or what’s considered a really, really, really serious crime. If Trump isn’t subjected to this test, it sets a dangerous precedent.

What’s the line for you? For someone else? For someone else? The ambiguity is more dangerous than anything else.
There are any number of options in place to try citizens for the, pardon the pun, trumped up charges, Trump is accused of. The main reason these aren't being considered is because they would be laughed out of court.
Exactly. A sham such as this could never play out in a legal process.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:11 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:57 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:25 pm
But you CAN shout fire in a crowded theater if there's actually a fire...
If you continue to drink the kool-aid that this was a fraudulent election, then the thread should end right here.
I will stop believing so when someone explains to me why the last minute changes made to the election process in several of the key swing states, that was NOT approved by the state legislators, holds muster with this.
Article I
Section 4
Clause 1
The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.
Because in those states the legislature further distilled the practical operations of the elections to the Secretaries of State. It’s not like they have to review every minute change in elections and approve it with a bill. Some of this can be delegated to other elected officials that directly oversee things.
You read that where? In which article?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:15 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:11 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:57 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:25 pm
But you CAN shout fire in a crowded theater if there's actually a fire...
If you continue to drink the kool-aid that this was a fraudulent election, then the thread should end right here.
I will stop believing so when someone explains to me why the last minute changes made to the election process in several of the key swing states, that was NOT approved by the state legislators, holds muster with this.
Article I
Section 4
Clause 1
The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.
Because in those states the legislature further distilled the practical operations of the elections to the Secretaries of State. It’s not like they have to review every minute change in elections and approve it with a bill. Some of this can be delegated to other elected officials that directly oversee things.
You read that where? In which article?
Absent any successful legal challenges to the changes we can assume that there is some legal authority by which changes can be made at the non-legislative level.

Here let’s do this... no excuse absentee voting in Michigan came into being how?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:29 pm

Ok let’s do this... no excuse absentee voting in Michigan came into being how?
Please, tell me.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:32 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:14 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 pm
Bryce wrote:
Robert Faygo wrote:
Agreed.

Exactly. A sham such as this could never play out in a legal process.
Huh? High crimes and misdemeanors is and has always been whatever a majority of the house to impeach and supermajority of the senate to convict thinks it is.

In this case the argument about incitement is really really strong however.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:36 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:29 pm

Ok let’s do this... no excuse absentee voting in Michigan came into being how?
Please, tell me.
Proposition 18-3 passed. It was voted on by we the people. In addition to no excuse absentee voting it also allowed
Straight ticket voting, automatic voter registration and same day registration. It passed 66-33 and is a part of the state constitution. That’s why the legislature wasn’t consulted.

Please list any further changes in any state you want to look into and we will see exactly how they came into being.

Georgia’s no excuse absentee balloting?

A state law passed in 2005.

You’ve been gaslighted. Folks running around claiming that the Secretaries of State were unilaterally making these changes without consulting the legislatures have misled you.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 pm

I don't recall a proposition regarding sending un requested ballots out to the general population. I don't recall an initiative changing which ballots are acceptable and not, nor one that changes the dates in which the ballots may be accepted.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:01 pm

After everything this guy has put your country through, in the last 2 1/2, months, it's unbelievable there is anyone still defending him.

But my opinion, for what it's worth, is that impeachment is an instrument to be used against a sitting President who can not be prosecuted. Now that he is no longer in office, why not just let the criminal justice system have at him?

OK. Someone tell me now to ind my own business.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 pm
I don't recall a proposition regarding sending un requested ballots out to the general population. I don't recall an initiative changing which ballots are acceptable and not, nor one that changes the dates in which the ballots may be accepted.
1. They sent everyone an APPLICATION for a ballot. They did not send everyone a ballot. You had to return the application first just like with any absentee ballot. You could wipe your ass with it instead in protest if you wished. It was a courtesy because some people were not willing to venture out.

2. What ballot acceptance requirements were changed?

3. The deadline change went into the courts and was upheld by a lower state court and that was reversed at the appellate level and that was the end of that.

Remember that generally the Secretary of State administers elections and the legislature makes the laws that provide the structure for that administration. So every minute detail isn’t going to be covered by the law. At that point interpretation comes in and if necessary the courts get involved. It’s always been this way. If you read your history once in a while you’ll see that it is chock full of folks doing all kinds of horseshit surrounding elections and all kinds of other subjects and the courts stepping in to make rulings.

The Republicans keep saying the quiet part out loud... absent restrictions on voting and an electoral college they would never win another election again. Instead of doing what any smart organization would do and reinvent themselves to be more appealing and actually having a platform (they didn’t in 2020 which is absolutely insane) they continue to double down on the same stupid stuff. They are quickly becoming the Detroit Lions of world politics.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:43 pm

Would irregularities or outright voter fraud, be justification for Trump's actions on Jan 6, for which he is being impeached?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:07 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:43 pm
Would irregularities or outright voter fraud, be justification for Trump's actions on Jan 6, for which he is being impeached?
No. There is no justification for it. Insurrection is a crime.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:28 pm

45 Senators have come out that impeachment in unconstitutional.

Stick a fork in it, it fails in senate.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:44 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:28 pm
45 Senators have come out that impeachment in unconstitutional.

Stick a fork in it, it fails in senate.
It’s an uphill battle... but 5 sided with the Democrats.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:13 pm

Rutro!

Sen. Leahy, Set to Preside Over Impeachment Trial, Taken to Hospital

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic