Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trust In Media Is At An All Time Low

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Trust In Media Is At An All Time Low

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:18 am

The 46% of people who trust the media are just plain stupid. Frankly, the real trust in media is probably much lower. They probably polled just democrats. After all, it's from Left Wing Axios.

https://menrec.com/report-trust-in-medi ... -time-low/

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

km1125

Re: Trust In Media Is At An All Time Low

Post by km1125 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:42 am

The entire industry suffers from incompetence and bias that they won't recognize enough to make an effort to correct it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:56 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:42 am
The entire industry suffers from incompetence and bias that they won't recognize enough to make an effort to correct it.
Suck it up snowflakes. It's a wonderful time to be an American...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:12 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:56 am
km1125 wrote:
That makes no sense.

Are you proud and excited that the industry has fallen to such incompetency?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:05 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:12 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:56 am
km1125 wrote:
That makes no sense.

Are you proud and excited that the industry has fallen to such incompetency?
I agree with km1125.
Is Creative Writing okay as long as it leans to the left?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:27 pm

Unfortunately, a lot of journalists don't dig far enough into the issues. Sound bites aren't enough.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:47 pm

If you're looking for no frills news on television, PBS NewsHour is your best bet. The BBC is a close second. I find that the CBC does a better job covering American politics better than most US outlets. Otherwise, you're pretty much limited to 24/7 infotainment.

The quality of newspapers is murkier. The NYT has had several gaffes recently and the rift between journalists and editorial staff is out in the open, so I'd give the current advantage over to The Washington Post. I try to balance my sources with center-right (WSJ) and center (National Review, ProPublica) to center-left sources (The Atlantic, Vox). For Michigan news, Bridge Michigan is probably the gold standard.

Lastly, there are plenty of quality podcasts out there for those who enjoy depth and nuance on a particular subject.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:27 am

The problem is that "journalists" never had anything like a real job. They have no understanding of what the vast majority of Americans have to do to succeed, including people like medical professionals who go to school and learn "science" six or more years more than BA journalists do to learn their trade. Even people like Electricians, Plumbers, HVAC, etc. have to spend a long time to learn their trade, and a lot of it is hard work, not just thinking a little and typing on a computer screen. These "journalists" move lockstep from privileged Leftist families to private prep schools, to Ivy League colleges, to junior and then senior journalist positions. Just look at some of them who are from such families, Anderson Cooper from the Vanderbilt "Aristocracy", the late Cokie Roberts, daughter of Democrat House member Hale Boggs, Chris Wallace, second generation nepotistic family "journalist", etc. I suspect that many of these journalists' parents paid others to take their college entrance tests, and bribed their sons and daughters into Ivy League universities. Like politics, only the lowest levels of these crimes, like Felicity Huffman, are convicted and sentenced.

The Left condemns "privilege" and nepotism (Hollywood is the absolute worst for nepotism), and the Left is the biggest promulgator of it in their own families. As if acting is some how a skill only doable by "beauty breeding" and genius, we have second, third, and fourth generations of actors in Hollywood. Jennifer Aniston and Colin Hanks come to mind, I'm sure there are countless others.

They are brainwashed all the way. "Science" is not normally dependent on political brainwashing, except "Climate Science" and other things lie it.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:19 am, edited 7 times in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

G G

Post by G G » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:56 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:27 am
"Science" is not normally dependent on political brainwashing.
If you say that, you're not paying attention to the libs out there, son.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic