Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The MAGA Party

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

The MAGA Party

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:15 am

I am just hoping Donald Trump decides to start a third party.
PALM BEACH, Fla. — Former president Donald Trump threw himself back into politics this weekend by publicly endorsing a devoted and divisive acolyte in Arizona who has embraced his false election conspiracy theories and entertained the creation of a new "MAGA Party."

In a recorded phone call, Trump offered his “complete and total endorsement” for another term for Arizona state party chairwoman Kelli Ward, a lightning rod who has sparred with the state’s Republican governor, been condemned by the business community and overseen a recent flight in party registrations. She narrowly won reelection, by a margin of 51.5 percent to 48.5 percent, marking Trump’s first victory in a promised battle to maintain political relevance and influence after losing the 2020 election.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Re: The MAGA Party

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:51 am

So your thoughts on the success of a MAGA party in 2024. Either Trump or a Trump endorsed candidate. Even if impeached, he can still give his seal of approval to someone else.

A three way race.
The Democrats vs. what's left of the Republicans vs. those who voted for Donald.
Interesting.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:41 am

Who do you think would win?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:50 am

I think we also need a separate political party for the former Democrats (because the Party really isn't Democatic) who are not insane, Democrats Who Are Still Sane, that would balance things out.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:55 am

Arthur Mometer wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:50 am
I think we also need a separate political party for the former Democrats (because the Party really isn't Democatic) who are not insane, Democrats Who Are Still Sane, that would balance things out.
Or they stay a big tent party and the gridlock is broken. Sounds like a better choice than listening to MAGA folks running around the Capitol.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:59 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:41 am
I wonder. I'm thinking it would put a serious hurt on the votes the Republicans get. But not much of a dent (if any) on the Democratic vote. Truly would be an interesting process.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:01 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:59 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:41 am
I wonder. I'm thinking it would put a serious hurt on the votes the Republicans get. But not much of a dent (if any) on the Democratic vote. Truly would be an interesting process.
Should be something like 50-30-20.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 am

Seems like this thread is a tacit admission by the liberals that they don't give a fuck about actual diversity of thought, but rather, diversity of background (assuming said diversity is liberal) is just a means to an end for their preferred ideology. Let's call them #TeamGroupthink

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:13 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 am
Seems like this thread is a tacit admission by the liberals that they don't give a fuck about actual diversity of thought, but rather, diversity of background (assuming said diversity is liberal) is just a means to an end for their preferred ideology. Let's call them #TeamGroupthink
The question was what would be the net result of Trump starting a party of his own? It would split the right bad enough to ensure Democratic control.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:13 am
The question was what would be the net result of Trump starting a party of his own? It would split the right bad enough to ensure Democratic control.
Temporarily, as in the 8 years or so it would take for our vast population of moderates to regroup and push things back the other way. I think that's the thing that gets lost in all this back and forth and the real beauty of our system. When the silent plurality has had enough of one side, they shove it back.

Both sides trumpet their successes as "we're doing what Americans want" and then proceed to push it too far and the pendulum swings back.

It's a beautiful thing to watch from the 60,000 foot view.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:57 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:48 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:13 am
Temporarily, as in the 8 years or so it would take for our vast population of moderates to regroup and push things back the other way. I think that's the thing that gets lost in all this back and forth and the real beauty of our system. When the silent plurality has had enough of one side, they shove it back.

Both sides trumpet their successes as "we're doing what Americans want" and then proceed to push it too far and the pendulum swings back.

It's a beautiful thing to watch from the 60,000 foot view.
And in a two party system your premise works. It does not work in a 3 party system when 2 of the three compete for half the country. If both the MAGA and Republican parties remained viable there would be no shift. It wouldn’t work.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:08 pm

The Tea Party felt a lot more legit than whatever this farcical MAGA / Patriot party thing is.

As the Biden administration gets some successes under their belt, the threat of a 3rd party will fade just like all the others before it. There are enough smart people left that will regroup the right to be able to focus on a reconstructed viable party. Somewhere out there is another Sarah Palin that will implode MAGA.

Right now the fog of war is too fresh and thick.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:16 pm

I honestly think the country would benefit from many parties. I see liberals branching out and the Moderate Democrats and Republicans merging.

Neither of my kids would vote for Biden if they had a candidate like Bernie.

― Noam Chomsky

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:20 pm

Agreed.

The thing no one ever seems to get right though is the ability to resist the tug from extremists that inevitably rip a centralist party apart before it even gets started.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:25 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:20 pm
Agreed.

The thing no one ever seems to get right though is the ability to resist the tug from extremists that inevitably rip a centralist party apart before it even gets started.
That's how it works. Name an independent party ever gaining traction without dividing an existing party?

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic