Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Joe Biden Has Only Been in Office for 3 days and Already Burning Down the House!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Joe Biden Has Only Been in Office for 3 days and Already Burning Down the House!

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:44 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:27 am
I think the big difference is the actions that Biden is taking are designed to improve the lives of all Americans. That means that some Americans might be slightly inconvenienced.
The actions Biden is taking are designed to appease certain elements within the Democrat party. Nothing more, nothing less.

So you view a middle-class working American trying to feed a family losing his/her job a "slight inconvenience" ? Oh, that's right, as long as the government is there to print money and send it off to these people, all is good, right?

Rate This

Re: Joe Biden Has Only Been in Office for 3 days and Already Burning Down the House!

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:51 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:44 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:27 am
I think the big difference is the actions that Biden is taking are designed to improve the lives of all Americans. That means that some Americans might be slightly inconvenienced.
The actions Biden is taking are designed to appease certain elements within the Democrat party. Nothing more, nothing less.

So you view a middle-class working American trying to feed a family losing his/her job a "slight inconvenience" ? Oh, that's right, as long as the government is there to print money and send it off to these people, all is good, right?
You know who else is pissed? The thousands who used to build carriages, record players and typewriters. They moved on though.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:01 am

There's a big difference between jobs disappearing due to innovations in the free market and due to government action.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:03 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:01 am
There's a big difference between jobs disappearing due to innovations in the free market and due to government action.
I’m sure jobs were lost when meat packing plants were forced to clean up their acts. Shall we undo that?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:40 am

We are the great melting pot, restricting immigrants is ignoring our heritage.
Our "heritage" with the welcoming of immigrants into this country with few or no restrictions didn't include ANY of the social programs that are in existence today. Shall we revisit that part of our heritage too?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:40 am

We are the great melting pot, restricting immigrants is ignoring our heritage.
Our "heritage" with the welcoming of immigrants into this country with few or no restrictions didn't include ANY of the social programs that are in existence today. Shall we revisit that part of our heritage too?
Sure. We can revisit the horse and buggy and the pony express. I’ve always wanted to try bouncing across the countryside like that delivering important things. Sounds exciting. If we simply set up a registration system like they did 100 years ago this would all be much easier to manage. An Ellis Island in the desert.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:10 pm

LEGAL immigration is a net positive for the country as it provides badly needed labor resources necessary to help fuel economic growth.

Comprehensive immigration reform is desperately needed. Those who have contributed to our country, have kept their noses clean, and were brought over as youths need to be given a pathway to permanent residency for sure and perhaps citizenship.

That said, we cannot swing the proverbial door at the border wide open and allow anyone & everyone to come in. That would be a recipe for disaster for reasons that should be obvious.

The Paris climate accord wastes taxpayer dollars and gives China an extremely unfair advantage; I agree with Matt that rejoining it is a bad move.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:19 pm

We haven't.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:26 pm

There was a bipartisan plan for immigration reform which Trump came in and completely disrupted. Biden is just putting things back that Trump broke kind of like a parent does with an unruly child.
Trump wanted sufficient funding for the wall. He was willing to extend DACA for seven years. Overall, his proposal was a reasonable proposal that found middle ground.

Schumer and Pelosi were only willing to give a fraction of the amount Trump wanted for the wall and also seemed unwilling to accept the 7 year DACA extension (even though a possible second Trump term would've been over before the proposed 2025 expiry), instead wanting a permanent extension.

To suggest Trump & only Trump is the reason bipartisan immigration reform wasn't enacted into law is disingenuous.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:32 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:10 pm
LEGAL immigration is a net positive for the country as it provides badly needed labor resources necessary to help fuel economic growth.

Comprehensive immigration reform is desperately needed. Those who have contributed to our country, have kept their noses clean, and were brought over as youths need to be given a pathway to permanent residency for sure and perhaps citizenship.

That said, we cannot swing the proverbial door at the border wide open and allow anyone & everyone to come in. That would be a recipe for disaster for reasons that should be obvious.

The Paris climate accord wastes taxpayer dollars and gives China an extremely unfair advantage; I agree with Matt that rejoining it is a bad move.
But we did 100 years ago... and we are still here. Sure they had some problems then too with less than great folks coming in. But outside of race and appearance it’s the same damn scenario.

Also since 1924 we have made LEGAL immigration as hard as possible. But we have Visas and Green Cards that people overstay instead. Those programs being scrapped and replaced with a method to legally immigrate easily would be a big help. The vast majority of illegals didn’t come across the southern border. They overstayed their Visas and Green Cards and what not.
Last edited by Rate This on Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:33 pm

DACA for seven years is kicking the can down the road...

I got to tell you since Trump lost, the photoshopping just isn't what it used to be...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:17 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:33 pm

I got to tell you since Trump lost, the photoshopping just isn't what it used to be...
I've been neglecting my duties...

I just haven't been motivated lately.

Here are some of my favorites from the past.

This one earned me a temporary suspension from Facebook.

This one got me a warning.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:35 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:11 am
God forbid people live better lives. So, audio supports LGBT discrimination. Good to know.
I didn't watch the video so perhaps all it talked about was LGBT discrimination, but I doubt it. There are many things that Biden has done unilaterally that are objectionable:

-Signed back onto the Paris Accord which will be very costly for this country, but #VirtueSignaling (of course, Mitch McConnell could have brought this up for a vote to prevent this from happening)

-Stopped the Keystone Pipeline killing many jobs and potentially threatening energy independence

-Firing the NLRB general counsel that has 8 months left in his term - this WAS unprecedented, but now Biden has set a new precedent

-Signed an order about wearing masks on federal property that he frequently fails to comply with

-Reversed the travel ban from terrorist countries in the middle of a pandemic. More #VirtueSignaling

There are probably more that I'm forgetting, but it hasn't been all bad. He is continuing President Trump's policies on China and RUSSIA.
You forgot to mention that he also added a ban to countries where the COVID variant is rampant. Thanks, Joe! One of the things Joe signed was the LGBT anti discrimination order.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:52 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:10 pm

Agree with all but the last paragraph.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:03 pm

What we need is a MAXIMUM wage, not a minimum wage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic