Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Deficit Complaining? Just as expected

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Deficit Complaining? Just as expected

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:42 am

They create a two trillion-dollar deficit by giving billionaires tax cuts and say nothing for 3 years. One day into a Democrat administration and Republicans immediately become fiscally responsible.
It’s almost like clockwork. As soon as a Democrat enters the White House, Republicans pretend to care about deficits again.

“The one thing that concerns me that nobody seems to be talking about anymore is the massive amount of debt that we continue to rack up as a nation,” Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) complained during a confirmation hearing this week for Treasury Secretary-nominee Janet Yellen. “For me,” he continued, “that is a H*** warning sign on the horizon, the fact that we have an ever-growing deficit, an ever-growing debt and no apparent interest in taking the steps that are necessary to address it.”

His colleague Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) likewise carped that U.S. deficit levels are “frightening.” Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) piled on, saying that waiting for interest rates to rise to indicate that debts are unsustainable would be “too late.”

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

fuzzpower

Re: Deficit Complaining? Just as expected

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:25 pm

The tax cuts aren’t the problem, the spending is. Republicans and Democrats alike are not fiscally responsible and haven’t been for years and years. How many continuously vote No on these, other than Thomas Massie and Ron Paul before him (and Paul used earmarks, of which I don’t agree with)?

The lack of fiscal responsibility is one of many reasons I am a libertarian.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:26 pm

Good for you, we need to raise revenue.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:37 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:25 pm
The tax cuts aren’t the problem, the spending is. Republicans and Democrats alike are not fiscally responsible and haven’t been for years and years. How many continuously vote No on these, other than Thomas Massie and Ron Paul before him (and Paul used earmarks, of which I don’t agree with)?

The lack of fiscal responsibility is one of many reasons I am a libertarian.
The idea of not cutting spending but cutting taxes is partly on purpose to generate the illusion that the government doesn’t work and further cuts are necessary.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic