Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Masks on all federal property, unless you are Biden or related to him

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Masks on all federal property, unless you are Biden or related to him

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:19 am

Biden had better be perfect. Because he’s a good guy and perfection will be his standard. Nobody can attain perfection. However because he’s a good guy he will be held to that standard. (President Obama nearly met that standard until one day he wore a tan suit.)

Trump is a diabolical, sociopathic, cowardly, cheating, amoral, conning, white is right racist, habitual liar, and traitor to his country. So he is held to no standard at all. Except The US Constitution. The nation and world fully expect from him all these evil, destructive Trumpian traits.

And so it goes.
Last edited by screen glare on Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:21 am

He’s human, but he’s also the President of the USA and wants us to follow his lead and wear masks. When you violate your own order just hours after issuing it, that either shows you are a liar, or have dementia. The excuse his press secretary gave was pathetic, before deflecting the question. Maybe I should go to federal land and not wear a mask because I am “celebrating”.

If he didn’t issue the order and rally on and on about masks, I wouldn’t have an issue.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:51 am

One thing. All of us who try hard to always wear a mask, and practice other Covid precautions, have also had the experience in a rushed or unusual situation, emergency, “out of routine” sequence, departure from norm kind of day - where we forgot to wear our mask or social distance or something. And when you realize your mistake and correct it you feel worried and guilty and dumb. It happens.

But that’s radically different than science deniers who never, almost never, or only begrudgingly mask up or take other Covid precautions.

Reality? Most Americans will forgive Biden because they can relate to him. Just like a minority of Americans relate to Trump - and will continually excuse him.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:01 am

Does the White House count as a federal property? If yes (hint: the answer is YES), we have another violation: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 115340896/

Maybe he's already forgotten?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:09 am

I suggest all those over at Faux “News” and those on this board who are put out by the Biden mask mandate be sure to NOT wear your masks when around each other.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:18 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:01 am
Does the White House count as a federal property? If yes (hint: the answer is YES), we have another violation: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 115340896/

Maybe he's already forgotten?
Nitpicking.

Tell you what... the adults will go try to get us out of this mess and you guys worry about this. It’ll keep you from breaking anything else.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 am

In all seriousness, I just saw the CDC is saying that the regular cloth mask is not suitable for the new variant strain of COVID-19. They are recommending K95 medical masks. I didn't think K95 were medical grade. I may create a new thread for this, but I was wondering what you all were planning on doing.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:04 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:45 pm
audiophile wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 pm
Are you saying Harris is a super spreader?
Willie Brown thought so...
I see what you did there...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:06 pm

I like to focus on the fact that we're going to actually have mask mandates and a vaccine strategy. Small details will keep me up at night but I will forge through. And you guys are the ones calling people snowflakes.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:23 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 am
In all seriousness, I just saw the CDC is saying that the regular cloth mask is not suitable for the new variant strain of COVID-19. They are recommending K95 medical masks. I didn't think K95 were medical grade. I may create a new thread for this, but I was wondering what you all were planning on doing.
I'd really like to see their "science" discussion on that! The virus particles are virtually identical, so if some masks don't work with the new strain, they didn't work with the original strain either.

You can get medical grade masks of K95 or K100. The ones you might be thinking of are either the KN95 or the ones with exhaust valves, neither of which are recommended for medical use.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:20 pm

Mask mandates Biden himself doesn’t even follow. Of course, you will never criticize him, being a Democrat hack and all.

If Biden didn’t sign this order and didn’t push mask wearing, I wouldn’t care about this because I believe it is a personal choice and should not be mandated by governments. Private businesses do have that right.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:04 pm
Bryce wrote:
audiophile wrote:
I thought for sure you would have input on this. Are K95 masks needed given the new variant?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:42 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:20 pm
Mask mandates Biden himself doesn’t even follow. Of course, you will never criticize him, being a Democrat hack and all.

If Biden didn’t sign this order and didn’t push mask wearing, I wouldn’t care about this because I believe it is a personal choice and should not be mandated by governments. Private businesses do have that right.
I don’t expect this to penetrate the concrete around your skull but...

There are certain situations that the president needs to be clearly heard. If this is your big gripe I would consider that vs. somebody who weighs 35 pounds in Africa and will be dead tomorrow and then come back to us and let us know how big a problem it is. Get some perspective man.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:30 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:04 pm
Bryce wrote:
audiophile wrote:
I thought for sure you would have input on this. Are K95 masks needed given the new variant?
Well....audio????

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic